Categories > TV > Doctor Who > My Daddy is a Time Lord

Chapter 7

by kaybet 0 reviews

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2013-12-10 - 1045 words

0Unrated
Chapter Seven, A Crack


When I woke up, we were back in the TARDIS, or whatever it was called and I realised before I even opened my eyes that I had fainted. Well, that was just perfect. Way to ruin my reputation, body. If I had one...

I opened my eyes and saw Dad was staring intently at me. “What?” I asked, annoyed.

“You fainted.” He said, matter-of-factly.

“No shit, Sherlock.” I mumbled under my breath. Dad was seriously getting under my nerves. He let out a loud sigh and rubbed his face with his hands. “So, all those fairy tales were...”

“True.” Dad said, cutting me off. “Yes.”

“Even the scary ones?”

“Even the scary ones.” Dad confirmed.

“So...” I began, trying to break the awkward silence. “If those stories are true, then are you an alien?”

“Yes.”

“Then what am I?”

“Um... sorta like a hybrid, but as far as I know, you’re more human than Time Lord.”

“What do you mean more human?” I asked, trying not to panic again. I was just told that I wasn’t human and that aliens exist. Maybe that mad man on that show Ancient Aliens isn’t quite so mad...

“Well, you only have one heart, and I’m not sure if you can regenerate...” Dad trailed off. Another round of awkward silence began. During it, I took the opportunity to look around, and I saw River was in the middle of the large, circular room, reading off a screen.

“Doctor, look at this.” She suddenly said and Dad jumped to his feet and looked at the screen. He muttered something to her, and River nodded.

“Okay, Amelia, stay here. Do not follow us, or you will be grounded. For a week.” Dad stopped his journey to the door and thought for a minute. “Make it a month.” He said and reached the door. River followed him and the door click shut.

“Now what am I suppose to do?” I asked myself out loud. The room I was in gave sort of a humming sound. “He told me to stay...” I said as I gave an answer back to empty air. Wait. Did I just talk to machine? I really must be losing it.

“Yeah. I’m totally following him.” I said to myself as I got up and raced to the door. I wasn’t surprised to see it was locked again, but as soon as I put my hand on the handle it clicked and unlocked. “Thanks.” I whispered into the air and received a warm hum back. I slowly pulled the door opened and slipped out to find River and Dad.


“Hey.” I said as I joined River and Dad. We were in some sort of cemetery, an old one, judging from the gravestones.

“Don’t you ever listen?” Dad asked, a bit angry.

“Well, she is your daughter.” River cut in, and I laughed. Dad looked at both of us and muttered something under his breath.

“You’re grounded, by the way.” Dad said to me as we walked. “For a whole month. No friends, no phone, no tv.”

“Come on, Dad. You knew I was going to follow you.” I said, trying to defend myself. I could barely go a day without my phone, much less a whole month.

Dad just grunted and we continued walking through the maze of gravestones. Suddenly we stopped at one. It was an unremarkable basic gravestone, and it said Rory Williams, age 82 and Amy Pond Williams, 87. This must be the Amelia Pond Dad named me after.

But it wasn’t the gravestone that Dad seemed interested in. There was a large horizontal crack on the gravestone, not in it, because it continued off of the gravestone and just was hanging there in the air.

“That’s not possible.” I whispered to myself and bent down to touch it.

“Don’t touch it!” Dad yelled and pulled on my arm, yanking me back.

“Why not?” I asked as I pushed myself up from the ground.

“It’s a crack... in time. If you touch it, you will be erased.” Dad answered as he bent down to studied the crack. He pulled out a cylindrical shaped object out of a pocket in his tweed jacket. It was about the length of a new pencil, but it was thicker and and there was a little green bulb at the end. Dad pushed a button and it lit up. He pointed it at the crack and murmured to himself.

“What is that?” I asked, pointing to the probe-like thing.

“It’s a sonic screwdriver.”

“Doesn’t look like a screwdriver, looks more like a probe.” I pointed out. It didn’t even resemble a screwdriver.

I stood up and dusted off my pants. It looked like this would take awhile. I turned to wander around and suddenly I was face to face with the creepiest angel statue. It’s mouth was wide open in a grimace and it had empty, angry, eyes. “D-dad?” I stammered, the whispered word losing its strength in the wind. “Dad!” I yelled as my voice came back to me.

“What?... Oh no!” He exclaimed from behind me. “Don’t blink, Amelia. Whatever you do, don’t blink and don’t look away from it.”

“What is it?” I asked, trying to think back to the midnight tales from my childhood. I remember something vaguely about angel statues, but not much else.

“It’s a weeping angel. Whenever you look away or blink, it moves. If they touch you, you get sent back to the pass where you live out your life and die before you even are born.” Dad explained as he came closer and I could see him out of the corner of my eye.

“Why? That seems pointless.” I said, still staring intently at the statue. My eyes were starting to burn and I fought of the powerful urge to blink.

“They feed off a type of energy that happens when the timeline is disrupted... It’s complicated, I’ll explain it later.” Dad said and I felt a tug on my side, by instinct I turned and found River before suddenly everything turned grey and the world tilted wildly.
Sign up to rate and review this story