Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Tri-wizard Follies

Harry Potter and the Tri-wizard Follies

by pakarin 2 reviews

Harry figures early that those who are supposed to help and protect him and others aren't trustful so learn about all laws til the tri-wizard gives him a chance

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Published: 2013-12-15 - 815 words

3Illiterate
Harry Potter and the Tri-wizard Follies
Ch. 1 The follies of adults
It's been 2 weeks into the summer hols and Harry was bored. He'd actually managed to finish his homework even the nasty potions essay. The reason Harry was able to finish his summer homework so soon was because the Dursleys were afraid that his escaped convict godfather would come calling if the boy said anything bad about them. Most boys Harry's age would be happy to be away from school and spend the days playing in the park or lounging around doing nothing at all, but Harry loved going to school because while there dangers included he'd be away from his reletives who'd made their loathing of anything different abundantly clear. "Hmmmm I wonder if the Dursleys would understand that at least one megalomaniac in history believe as they do?' Harry thought to himself while pulling out several law books mundane and magical.

Harry had long given up on adults helping when they should and started looking into ways that the law was supposed to protect children and the innocent. He figures that someone did something either legal or not to keep him in the hell that is the Dursley house. When Harry found that Hagrid was expelled 50 years ago and sent to Azkaban in his second year for crimes he couldn't have done started looking into laws even more. Summer before third year was a real eye opener for Harry when he found that there wasn't much he could do legally in either world unless he gained his majority and inheritance.
Flashback:
In the office of Potter account manager Crackthorne Harry learned how he can run his own life and not worry about going to the Dursleys again.
Crachthorne: As you know Mr. Potter most of the laws that can protect minors need someone of age to push for their enforcement. Most often this is done by one who desires to see the laws work as they should. As you know many weren't enforced because the minors in question weren't pureblood.
Harry: Hmmm, so if I want to have the laws that are supposed to protect me and others I would need someone who truely needed to see me be a healthy person growing up I'd have to do it myself since no adult magical or otherwise seem to desire that i am healthy and protected from what some would consider abuse. So Crackthorne how can i be considered of age enough to use the laws already on the books?
Crackthorne: Mr. Potter I know of only two ways of becoming of age. Actually three one being the longest by living to your seventeenth birthday. The second way is if your parents will or your guardians emancipate you. Since your parents' will had been sealed by your wizengamot that avenue is out. The third way; mind you this is such a long shot because it hasn't happened in recent memory, is to have at least three ministry heads agree that you take part in an 'of age' event sponsered by them. It also helps if at least one school headmaster say you must participate.
Harry: I'd suggest you get those memos on the ready since knowing my luck I'll have such a thing happen and i will want to be ready when it does. When the arrangements can be made i'll need to see a healer and a solicitor about how the laws are supposed to work.
End Flashback

Since then and during his third year Harry added his godfather and Professor Lupin to the list of those the laws are supposed to protect. During this time Harry found himself needing a way to calm down especially when he notices just how much the law is abused and not protecting the innocent as it should. Thanks to converting some galleons into pounds sterling and noticing a tai chi dojo in the neighborhood Harry started learning a meditative martial art.
Two weeks before his birthday and the Quidditch World Cup something 'interesting' happens. While doing a few kata in his room to calm and order his mind Harry notices a faint pulse through his body. He follows the pulse to it's source to find a rather large ball of energy with two beings chained. One severely mutilated and hissing malevolently the other a woman of stern countenance and statuesque physique. The woman looks at him and whispers "how is it you're here?" Looking at the ball of energy and walking towards it whispers to her "don't know for sure was doing tai chi kata" The 'woman's' response "but only the most powerful could do this" went almost unnoticed by Harry as he touched his magic for the first time. In the outside world Harry Potter's body starts glowing as the sound of chains dropping can be heard as he falls to the floor unconsious.
Sign up to rate and review this story