Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Tri-wizard Follies

The Follies of a Madman

by pakarin 3 reviews

Harry has all but given up hope of the adults helping and protecting him and others looks into the laws that are supposed to help. The chance to run his own life occurs in his fourth year.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Published: 2013-12-16 - 1230 words

2Illiterate
Harry Potter and the Tri-wizard Follies
Ch. 2 The follies of a madman
Disclaimer: This is a work of pure fiction and no money is made from it all characters found in the harry potter books and movies belong to JK Rowling.
A week has past since Harry Potter fell unconscious in his room at No. 4 Privet Drive. The first day was an all out war in his mind. Knowing the 'woman' couldn't interfere and knowing that the now unchained hissing malevolence isn't a part of him but a parasite; Harry called up everything he ever read in the libraries and at the dojo. Knowing no one can help him and realizing the basic principle that it's his mind and not the parasite's Harry starts attacking with the most often effective measures to rid the parasite. The 'woman' looks at the parasite then to Harry and says "son that is an affront on all things magic. An act of supreme selfishness. It must be destroyed for you to live to your full potential.' Upon hearing this Harry seeing the parasite avoiding the attacks best it can and launches it's own; ups the ante by using what the Dursleys are most afraid of his imagination. He connects to his core more directly and starts launching spells that seem to have little to no effect until the final spell and tells the parasite "your time here is done but don't worry i'll send the rest of you to your new home as i run into them" and launches the trigger that causes the mental equivalent of a room full of claymores destroying the parasite but the magical backwash hurls him into the 'woman' and into his core.
The rest of the time is spent with whom he now considers mom for she was the protection at the time. They used the time to heal all wounds mental and otherwise starting with the backwash then pulling the magic of the venom and pheonix tears into Harry's core then healing the body to where it can use the increased magic flow. By the week's end Harry now stand at 5ft 11in with a wiry lithe build similar to a runner's.
For others the week Harry was unconscious was filled with worry. Harry hadn't been seen outside or at the dojo for almost the whole week and the neighbors started whispering that something must have happened to the boy. (if only they knew) The Dursleys found it impossible to get into Harry's room let alone waking him up for chores and started to worry about their reputation for most impeccable home. At this time the wizarding community is blissfully unaware that soon the political balance will be turned upside down.
When the week was done Harry woke and exited his room to shower. He notices the changes in the mirror of the loo and smiles as he no longer has a scar and surprised he didn't have the ever present glasses. Liking the changes he showers and dresses in the best clothes he has and vows soon to get some better fitting ones. As he walks into the kitchen to get some breakfast his aunt shrieks 'WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!' His uncle Vernon growls out 'about time you came out of your room. Now here is the list of chores for today." shoving a rather long list at Harry. "I doubt any 'normal' person can do all this in the time you want let alone a 'freak' without a lot of help." Harry responds after looking at the list. Vernon growls out 'You'll have them done if you know what's good for you." The response wasn't what was expected for Harry chuckled grinning. "oh uncle you have no idea of how many laws you'd be breaking just with this list and time constraint. I'm well aware you and auntie are the reason those charged to protect children hadn't done anything to help or protect me even if I was a freak." Harry shakes his head and continues "know this dear uncle in due time all you've done will come to roost and you won't have any way to sweep your problems under the rug." He grabs some fruit to eat then leaves his relatives simmering as he goes to the dojo.
Upon Harry's arrival at the dojo; the Tai chi sensei notices the differences immediately and nods saying "you've connected well with your chi and have changed very much for the better." Motioning to a mat the sensei orders Harry "ok young Harry do your kata and remember to let your chi flow with your movements." As Harry starts the different kata he notices his magic actually flowing through his limbs without his want acting as the focus. As the end of a kata nears with an attack; Harry notices the magic building up and on the last move a blast exits his hands hitting a wall. He stops immediately looking scared as the sensei clears everyone from the dojo except him. "Young Harry you've grown in power more than I expected." The sensei smiles at Harry "we need to work more on your control so you don't accidentally hurt someone." This begins a week of very intense training for Harry till it's time to go to the Weasley's.
Finally the day arrives for the Weasleys to pick Harry up and he's rather excited at what the world cup and new school year have in store. Late in the day while Harry is waiting in the living room with his trunk packed and nearby uncle Vernon says "just how are these freaks supposed to get here? Better be a normal way." Harry had a dawning horror come to his face as he didn't know the Weasleys method of transport since the loss of the Ford Anglia. "I don't know how they will arrive uncle." Harry replies just as a knock is heard behind the electric fireplace. 'Oh hell, I can't believe they did this.' Harry thought as he heard Mr. Weasley's voice 'Harry? Are you there Harry?" He responds "I'm here but why are you behind an electice fireplace?" "Had your floo connected for today only to come bring you to the burrow." Mr. Weasley says. "Nothing else for it, stand back boys. REDUCTO!" The electric fireplace and the wood planks covering the actual fireplace are launched half into the room covering most things in a layer of dust. Mr. Weasley say "sorry about that but it's most inconspicuous way i know to pick up Mr. Potter. Besides it's easy enough to fix. Come on boys help Harry with his trunk got a schedule to keep." Fred, George, and Ron come out of the floo saying "hey there mate." Picking up an end of trunk each a innocuous piece of wrapped candy slip from Fred's pocket. Dudley having been on a rather strict diet snatches the candy before anyone could notice let alone warn him and quickly pops it into his mouth as the twins load Harry's trunk into the floo. Just as the twins leave with the trunk Dudley's tongue starts to grow at a rapid rate. "SET HIM RIGHT!!!' Vernon bellows as Harry and Ron hastily go to the floo. "GET OUT YOU FREAKS!! DAMN FREAKS MAKING LIFE HARD FOR HONEST MEN!!!" shouts Vernon as Harry leaves for the burrow.
Sign up to rate and review this story