Categories > Books > Harry Potter > UnCharted Bandet

Run to the Wild Side

by Myrddin-Ignis-Magus 2 reviews

Harry can be the hero. If he chose. However, like most heroes. He is forced into heroism.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] [V] [X] - Published: 2013-12-18 - 3263 words

-1OOC
UnCharted Bandit

Chapter II

Run to the Wild Side

"Who are…!" the thug behind the door tried to get out in his anger while his three suit wearing large muscle bound men waited, just as angry for orders.

However, the young adventurer did not let him finish his question before he struck. The thug went down with a hand wrapped around his throat and his head smashed through the brick wall, cracking mortar and plaster, shattering into some bricks, going down, out cold to lie at his feet, a crumpled mess of blood, completely ruining his suit.

"I'm Harry… Harry Drake, nice to meet you!"

Two of the other men took that as cues to attack, but Harry moved faster, kicking one in the nuts while slipping his hand into the man's jacket and pistol-whipping him out cold with his own gun as he drew it before aiming it at the last two. They seemed like they were going for guns but the click of the safety release on the silver handgun he took was enough for them to get the point and back off.

However, the fat slob of a thing was truly terrified while his men did not show those signs they are not stupid enough to do something stupid. "Right, tell fatty here that she is off the menu, and that if you or any of your boys come back here ever again, I'll fucking kill you all!"

"Y-you haven't the guts kid!"

Bang!

The man screamed like a little girl as his kneecap was blown off. He fell to the floor, crying and screaming, holding the bloody limb. "Don't even think for a moment that I don't have the guts because I've met bigger bads than you could possibly imagine, and I'm still alive, now get the fuck out of here and take fatty, your 'friends', and the cry-baby with you!" he demanded and the man nodded quickly and picked up his injured 'friend'.

It was kind of amusing watching him trying to drag the others too. "Why didn't you kill him; he took what was mine!" the fatty whined without a clue Harry can still hear him.

"Because the families falling apart since your father's death!" he hissed his reply. "He wouldn't have approved of this anyway, and if you don't stop this idiocy you're going to get us all killed too!"

Harry shrugged, amused these types of 'gangsters' still exist as he looked to a man and woman a little down the hall. He knew they must be the girls' parents. He shrugged, smirking before turning from where they watched him in awe, re-safety-ed the gun and closed the bedroom door behind him, locking it.

She was laying in her bed still, under her covers looking at him, squirming. "Hey, so, I can still stay, right?" he asked and she readily nodded here head, lifting her covers to reveal her naked body, he pulled off his boxers and slid in. "I guess I can always catch a later boat," he said as she pulls his lips to meet her, hungrily taking his tongue.

It was about one in the afternoon the next day that Harry had cleaned up, washed and gotten dressed in some green cargo trousers, his brown and black walking shoes, and white tee shirt since he carries everything around with him using a useful magic trick. Anyway, what's the point of all of the magic in the world if you don't use it when you need too?

He still doesn't know her name, and she had already left her room after showering with him, and dressed. She had left him a sandwich, which he devoured before leaving and locking her room, having hidden his new gun away using magic since he doesn't want to screw up and get into a crap-load of trouble if caught with it.

Harry stretched his muscles, feeling great. He had been surprised that the police hadn't been called after the gunshot, but maybe people realised who got shot and didn't care, or the hotel is empty, which wouldn't surprise him, given the bull-shit that had been going down.

He soon found his temporary lover at the service desk. She smiled at him as he reached her, and leaned over, kissing his lips. "I wish you could stay with me," she said brightly. "I'm only a year older than you, and I doubt I will ever find anyone as magical as you."

"I'm sure you'll find somebody… 'Magical'," he said with a smirk, stealing one last kiss. "We might see each other again… with luck," he said as she watched him walk out of the doors and disappear out of her life after saving it.

Harry boarded the ferry to Dover after a nice walk, making it just in time too, which is lucky. He had never been much of a timekeeper really, quite the opposite, unless it was really-important.

He made it onto deck before the ship had made much headway and watched as they left Calais, amused, leaning back against the safety rail. He was just going to head back inside to grab a drink when he saw a girl, his age there about with frizzy (not too bad) brown hair tied back into a ponytail.

She is quite slender, wearing tight blue jeans and a pink hoody-top. She stopped a little way from him, leaning on the railing. Her brown eyes were looking out in thought, sadness clouding over her vision, so she probably was not seeing much of the beauty of the ocean.

It was curious as he could sense her magic. She was leaking it. He had never, not once seen a wizard or witch, except the odd under school age muggle-born, well one on muggle transport before.

Therefore, he pushed himself up from the rail and walked over, leaning on her portion of the rail next to her. She didn't even acknowledge him, and he's sure she hadn't noticed him.

"Knut for your thoughts?" he asked in English, taking a guess, startling her, her cheeks flamed up, embarrassed at her lack of attention.

"S-sorry," she said sheepishly. "I just have a lot on my mind… its nothing really, but it was nice of you too… wait, you said knut, as in…?" she trailed off as he nodded, shrugging. "You're a wizard, but how did you know I'm a witch?" she asked, concerned.

"You were giving off enough magic to clue in an inanimate object," he answered, amused while she ducked her head, further embarrassed. "I'm Harry Drake, and may I ask the name of the fine young witch I am now in the company?" he said in a mock snooty way that she associated with purists.

She could not help but smile, letting out a small giggle. "I'm Hermione Granger. I really didn't think others like me travelled the muggle way."

"Well, I don't want to miss anything fun now do I?" he asked grinning as he looked around and then gestured her. "If I were so foolish as to teleport everywhere, I would have missed the opportunity to make a new friend like you now, wouldn't I?"

"T-then I'm glad you're here," she replied, smiling as they went back to looking over the sea, leaning on the rail with the wind nipping at them. "It makes me feel kind of crummy thinking about going back, with you know… 'Him' on the loose, but it'll make me feel worse just leaving all of my friends to it and not returning."

"The all-time dilemma… do you know what I would do?" he asked her and she looked to him shaking her head. "I would buy me a bazooka," he said in all seriousness and she could not help but burst out laughing as he gave her a grin and took her right hand in his left.

"In a way it's a truth," he commented as she calmed down. "There are these people who say two wrongs don't make a right. In a way, I suppose I can see their point, but if some guy decides he's going to slap me around. I'm going to brake his face, and maybe kick him in the nuts a few times, so that he gets the message. With every bully out there, if you step up and retaliate with just as much… no, with more violence, it does send a powerful and painful message to them, and others who would think about playing on any weakness."

"I-I've never looked at it like that before," she said in surprise. "Everyone… well, all the adults just want to capture the Death Eaters, and they laugh and escape, and we suffer more for it. It's true, you can stand up to the bully, but if the bully still doesn't fear you, then he'll just come back, more brazen, laughing harder than before."

"Wow, beauty and brains… I like that in a girl," he said while she went darker in the cheeks, holding his hand in return.

"I-I have a b-boyfriend you know," she replied but she did not let his hand go. She had never been hit on by a boy in Harry's league before, as he said, beauty and brains, though more along the handsome and intelligent, and handsome in that dangerous way that makes you believe that he'll get you both into some sort of trouble, but he'll fight you both out of it after.

"Yeah, well I'm not really looking to settle down, really," he said sheepishly. "But I bet this boy could never appreciate you, your body, your mind, your lips," he said, with every word, his lips getting closer to hers.

She licked her dry lips as her brown eyes gazed into his emerald before their lips touched. She groaned into him at just that. He pulled her body flush into him, his lips working at hers. Her lips moved with his, accepting his tongue, she realised before now she had never been kissed with any passion before, and when he pulled back all she wanted was more, so much more.

"I bet your boyfriend doesn't kiss like that," he said with a smirk while she shook her head in agreement, licking her lips to taste the lingering flavour of him. "Maybe you should take a run on the wild side, Hermione, and I'll bring to you a passion, which will make you explode!" he muttered, huskily, his lips nibbling hers while she tried to take another kiss from him, but he wouldn't let her have more than nibbles.

"M-my best friends are always… always saying I should be more… impulsive," she whispered as he let her take his lips, kissing deeply he held her tighter. She ran her fingers through his hair, over his cheeks and neck, unable to get enough of something she could never get from an emotionless, selfish jerk like 'him', him-who? She couldn't remember as she was lost in the taste, the emotions, the arousal, trying to dry hump him here on deck.

He pulled back, smirking at her after a few minutes while she panted for breath when she paled and looked worried as they heard someone call her name angrily.

"Hermione Granger!" he said, and Harry looked to see a man with a woman, certainly muggles, making her muggle-born. "What do you think you're doing?!" he demanded, Harry realising these must be her parents.

"Umm… nothing," she replied, pulling back from Harry, blushing brightly at getting caught and forgetting about her parents. "I was just err… getting to know my – new friend here, um, this is Harry Drake, and he's like me… well he's a wizard," she said whispering the last word though they heard, looking around to make sure they're alone.

"And what about that Ronald boy?" her mother asked, scandalised.

Hermione seemed to just blink several times in surprise before her eyes widened as she remembered him. "I-I just forgot all about him, mum… come on, you've met him, look and…" she trailed off trying to make her mother understand.

Her mother sighed shaking her head. "Yes, I suppose I do understand. I'm not too old that I can't appreciate a good looking boy!"

"Mum!" she reprimanded while her mother smiled and Harry tried not to feel too uncomfortable. "Please, just shoot me now!" she added sadly.

"I'll oblige that!"

They turned as a man in black robes with creepy skeleton mask appeared on the deck of the boat with four others, holding little sticks pointed at Harry and Hermione. They appeared out of thick black smog, and they could practically sense the sneering behind the masks.

"One of 'her' friends, all alone!" he said mockingly.

However, Harry moved her behind him as he stepped forward. "Hey, bait for brains! I'm going to give you to the count of one to disapparate and get lost, or I'm going to throw you all overboard!"

They just looked at each other before they burst out laughing, heads held high and only stopped as they heard a yelp and looked around to see Harry had moved and one of the men had disappeared, Harry now in his place. They eyed him cautiously, and looked to see their target and her parents staring at him in awe.

Harry moved again before they could think much on it, hitting one Death Eater in the gut, he bent over whimpering while Harry dodged and rolled across deck, avoiding the green spell one of the others fired. He came up grabbing another Death Eater in a sleeper hold from behind, easily taking him out and lobbing him into the drink.

Moving again, he picked up the one bent over, holding his stomach and he went in too, leaving the last two stinking of fear, as they had not had to fight anyone up close before. However, they both fired at him. He dived between spells, sliding between them, he stood, and they turned, firing the killing curse. He ducked and their spells connected with each other, eyes wide in their deaths.

Harry stood, hand on each Death Eaters chest and flung their bodies off the boat into the channel, nonchalant. "Wow, they don't make minions like they used too," he commented brushing his hands.

"Whoa, just like that!" Hermione said, quivering as she tried to stem her flow, not wanting her parents to think she is thinking those sorts of thoughts about a boy. She just watched him kind of kill five men without a care, but then they were going to kill them given the chance. Then technically he did not kill them, just threw three into the sea, and the last two killed each other, so freely throwing around such a dangerous curse.

"You just made beating them look so easy!" she continued breathlessly having not even drawn her own wand. "So, is that why you're going to England, to fight the Death Eaters, because I don't think many people will approve of your method?"

He snorted, amused, rolling his eyes. "Not really," he said while he watched her parents take a seat looking pale and concerned. He turned and looked back out over the ocean with a smile as he lent on the rail, Hermione joining him seconds later. "I'm a runaway if you can believe that, but now with Voldemort," he said shaking his head while she looked impressed as near everyone are afraid of the name. "Then all of these Death Eaters, and wannabes everywhere. I do not know why but I just feel I have to head back, to protect my sister, before some crazy scheme gets her needlessly killed.

"When I was little, it was her, her, her," he carried on, ignoring any comprehension dawning in her expression. "So I ran away, and I was found, on the streets stealing to survive. They hadn't even noticed I was gone, and so I was taken in, and a muggle man… let's say adventurer because, well, it's a better title, taught me. He's off working on some big 'score' right now, so I'm off travelling, to see the world more, meet new people."

"Y-you're Rosie's brother," she muttered, not even making it a question. "I think she's grown up quite well, we're friends. She sometimes is arrogant and stuff, but if you look, when she's being a bitch, she hates herself for it. She loves June to bits, more than anyone, and-."

"Who's June?" he asked, curious. "Is Rosette gay or something?" he could not help but ask as it sounded like a possibility to him.

However, Hermione laughed, shaking her head. "Well, honestly, I have to wonder about her sometimes, but I don't think so. June is your younger sister. I guess you never met her before. She wasn't born then. It will be her second year come the first of September."

Harry frowned at that, thinking back. "Mum… she was pregnant when I left," he said as if he only just remembered, and the memory was so long ago, when he was so young, it was more like he was just working out dates. He had left shortly after his fourth birthday, so that seems about right.

"I-I guess, but I'm a muggle-born, so very little chance I could have been there," she replied, taking his hand in a reassuring manner. "Your mum died last term," she continued, lowering the mood further. "She died protecting us… I think she had learnt a valuable lesson, loosing you because she treat Rose and June equally, unlike that ass of a father!"

"Oh, great," he muttered, sighing. "I guess this means I'll have to rescue my little damsel from that douche bag, James Potter. He always was the worse, lording Rose over me, and how she'll be something special and I'll be the family joke. Don't be too surprised if I end up breaking his face."

"We've all thought about it!" Hermione replied with a kind smile, leaning into him and holding him in a comforting manner.

"So, what are you going to do?" she asked after a few minutes of silence.

He looked to her with a small smile and a shrug. "I'm honestly not too sure, but I suppose I have to think of something. I just have two sisters to protect now, no big deal. I can do that. I'm glad I met you here, though not so much that your parents turned up."

"Yeah, but I suppose I shouldn't have been so… willing for my first time with a strange boy I just met," she said impishly blushing. "I have Ronald, my boyfriend…" she trailed off, not sounding at all enthusiastic.

"Sounds like you need to drop him like a sack you only just realised is full of elephant turd," he replied, pulling away from her and letting her hand go while she suppressed her snickering. "I guess I'll be seeing you later, Hermione but I think some alone time or, whatever will be nice, to think, if fate will let me have a moment."

She smiled, nodding glassy eyed as he stole another kiss from her lips, her eyes closing. They sprang open moments later as his lips left hers with a blast of soundless wind, ruffling her hair and clothes. She could not keep the smile off her face as her heart raced, and she hoped she could tell her best friend the good news first, or maybe she should leave it as a surprise, to see the look on her face.

to be continued…
Sign up to rate and review this story