Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Untitled

The Lounge

by syrac 0 reviews

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2014-01-11 - 1299 words

1Ambiance
The Lounge

He was immediately taken aback when he looked up and saw the owner of the cute British accent. Subtly, he looked her up and down. Her wide sapphire-blue eyes and plump pink lips that contrasted with her pale lightly freckled skin; her wavy sandy blonde hair pulled up into a messy bun, revealing her long neck and her collar bones lightly pushing through her skin; her small breasts and her tall slender body covered by her towel; she was different to the women he had been attracted to in the past, but this attraction felt... different.

The girl noticed Jared looking at her and smiled crookedly, she clearly felt awkward. Jared returned the smile.

“Hi, I’m Jared,” he said, holding out his large hand.

Taking his hand in her small, surprisingly cold hands, she replied, “Yeah, I know, I’m a fan of your work.” Creep much? “I’m Lucy.”

“Nice to meet you, Lucy.”

“You too.”

Momentarily, the two locked eyes. Lucy’s heart fluttered as she looked into Jared’s pale blue eyes.

Terry cleared his throat loudly, bringing the couple out of their trance. “You two done?”

Lucy laughed awkwardly. Why do I do that? “Well, I should probably go back to my room, I’m pretty jetlagged.”

She turned away from them in the direction of the elevator, when Jared spoke up, “You know, you should come hang with Terry and I, we’re just chilling here for a bit.”

Terry shot Jared a glance when Lucy wasn’t looking. What?, Jared mouthed back.

“Um... Yeah, sure. Why not. I should probably get to know a few people around here. I’ll just go get changed.”

“Oh, you don’t have to,” Terry quickly said stepping closer to Lucy, grinning. Jared jabbed him in the stomach.

Lucy laughed. “Oh but I do.” She turned back towards the elevator and made her way to her room.

*

Breathe Lucy, breathe. Lucy had dreamt about something like this happening to her, but never actually thought it could happen. Noticing her curtains must have been closed when her suitcases were delivered, she flicked on the light. Discovering her suitcases placed inside her room by her bed, she lifted one up onto the bed, unzipped it and opened it up. Hurry. She couldn’t waste any time. Her tiredness had now been replaced with adrenaline, as she tried to find a suitable outfit to wear. She had to look amazing, yet effortless. She pulled a pair of skinny jeans out of one of the suitcases and slipped them on. Now just a tshirt. She grabbed one without looking and pulled it on. Examining herself in the mirror, she hurriedly pulled it off. She could not wear a Thirty Seconds To Mars tshirt when hanging out with Jared Leto. Digging through her suitcase, she finally found an appropriate top and pulled it over her head. It was an oversized white tshirt baring the Heisenberg drawing. Once she’d slipped on a pair of Chelsea boots, she quickly examined herself in the mirror, and then made her way back down to the lobby.

*

Jared and Terry were sat on two sofas facing one another in the corner of the lounge. Terry had his camera out taking photos of Jared pulling stupid faces. Spotting, them Lucy made her way over, attempting to look confident.

“Take a seat, Lucy,” Jared gestured to the spot on the sofa next to him. Terry rolled his eyes. Jared placed his elongated arm across the back of the sofa; Lucy got shivers just thinking about how close he was to her. Jared was wearing skinny denim jeans with a plain black tshirt, Lucy could just make out his abs underneath it.

“Smile guys,” Terry said, holding up his camera once again. Lucy smiled, praying that she looked okay. Flash. The bright light was almost blinding. Please god, do not let me look high in that picture. Lucy knew she would look shit compared to Jared’s flawless... everything.

Terry looked at the picture he had just taken on the camera’s small digital screen. “Nice.”

Jared tried to steal a look at Lucy once again, but she caught him. Jared grinned. Oh god, that smile. She smiled back looking once again into his icy blue eyes. Flash.

“Terry.” Jared sighed, giving him a look.

“Just doing my job,” Terry winked back.

Jared turned his attention back to Lucy. She felt sort of bad for Terry. She had come along and ruined their night out. “So, I can only assume you’re not from around here.”

“Um, yeah,” she laughed. Why Lucy? Why do you always laugh? That was not a joke, it was not funny. “I literally just moved here from England.”

“Why’d you come here?” Lucy jumped slightly at Terry’s voice. She kept forgetting he was there, he was sat so quietly and Jared was so distracting.

“I don’t really know,” she laughed once again. Stop. “I’ve just always a had a slight obsession with New York.”

“Who doesn’t?” Jared added, smiling at her. He paused. “So me and Terry were gonna go out for a stroll, want a private tour of the area?”

Lucy grinned back. She’d loved to but the tiredness had suddenly hit her once again, as the adrenaline from when she had first seen Jared was fading... fast. “I really should go to bed, I am so fucking tired.”

“Okay, well, why don’t we go out for coffee or something tomorrow? I’m staying here too, what number are you in?”

“42. See you tomorrow then. Bye Terry.”

“Bye.”

Lucy stood up and began walking away. The two were silent for a bit and then, when they thought Lucy could hear them, Terry began talking.

As soon as she was in the lift, she squealed to herself unable to contain her excitement at what had just happened. Her face was aching from grinning.

She was going on a date with Jared.

*

Really?”

“What?” Jared asked, sounding like a child who had broken something and was trying to hide the fact.

Terry raised his eyebrows. “Every fucking girl in this city, I swear to god.”

Jared grinned. “Hardly.”

“You can’t do this to her, though.”

“Do what, exactly?” Jared was clearly enjoying this discussion. He placed his elbow on the arm of the sofa and rested his chin on it.

“Do what you always do. Sleep with girls, start a relationship but only one revolving around sex, nothing else. Or it's just a one night stand. Either way, don't do it to her, she’s nice; different to all your other girls.”

Jared laughed. “I haven’t done anything yet. All I did was ask her out for a drink. And it’s not even an alcoholic one. Relax. Besides, she’s, what, 23... 24? She can take care of herself. Besides, maybe I just want to be friends with her. I can be friends with women, Terry. I haven't fucked Emma.”

Terry sighed, shaking his head. “Well, this photo disagrees.” Terry picked up his camera and passed it to Jared.

Holding it in his hands, he studied the screen. The two were facing each other smiling, and not the kind of smile that one usually pulls for photos like in the previous picture of the two. Instead of Jared’s usually posed smile (no teeth showing, not too smiley), his straight white teeth were showing and the skin around his eyes slightly creased, as he grinned, almost laughing. He was looking straight into Lucy’s deep blue eyes. She looked amazing. Her freckled skin looked flawless, and her smile was beautiful.

Jared passed the camera back to Terry. “It’s just like any other picture.”
Sign up to rate and review this story