Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Untitled

The Towel

by syrac 1 review

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2014-01-04 - 844 words

0Unrated
The Towel

“Hi, I booked a room under the name Lucy White.”

Lucy had finally arrived at JFK airport after a 7 hour flight. She had slept pretty much the whole way, only waking when the plane hit the ground. By the time Lucy had actually opened her eyes the old woman was gone. She never even found out her name.

It was around 8pm when Lucy had finally arrived at The Bowery Hotel in Bowery, Lower East Side New York after taking multiple trains, with two large suitcases in tow. She was exhausted.

“Yep, here’s your key and we can take your luggage now and bring it up for you, if you’d like?” said the woman behind her desk, her voice cheery and American.

Lucy left her suitcases by the desk for the woman, took her key, and located her room on the second floor.

“Shit.” The room was amazing. She had paid quite a lot for the room for a couple of weeks, while she hunted for an apartment, but this was quite something. There was a huge wall-to-ceiling industrial styled window covering the majority of the wall directly in front of her, providing an amazing view of the city. The hardwood floor and large rug gave the room a lofty feel, it was perfect.

Lucy immediately began getting undressed, forgetting the large window that displayed her to the pedestrians on the streets. She walked towards the bathroom. “Shit!” exclaimed louder this time. The bathroom was marble complete with antiqued brass fixtures and fresh white towels. And the shower! Lucy stepped inside the shower, turning the knob to start the water. The shower head was so big it was like standing in a warm rain storm. It was safe to say this was the best shower Lucy had ever had.

After spending about 30 minutes in the shower, not wanting to leave, Lucy wrapped herself in the fluffy white towel that had been heated by the electric towel rail, she made her way back to the bedroom to get changed. She flicked on the light switch and drew the curtains. The suitcases were still not here. Lucy had been planning on having an early night, it felt to her like it was about 4 am and she was extremely jet-lagged. She probably didn’t need her plaid pyjama trousers and one of her many old band t-shirts that she slept in, but she couldn’t sleep knowing that at any point someone will come in and drop off her suitcases. Maybe I couldn’t quickly get the elevator downstairs and grab the suitcases, and no one will see me. But she was only lying to herself, knowing that people arrived at the hotel all the time.

“Fuck it,” Lucy said out loud. It was as if she’d see anyone she knew, she was miles away from home. Besides, it was New York, people probably walked around outside in towels all the time, so walking around a hotel wasn’t that bad. Slipping on her old black hightops, she picked up her key, locked the door and made her way to the lobby.

Due to her lack of sleep, it never occurred to Lucy that she could have just put on the clothing she had worn on her flight over until she was stood in the lobby. It was empty except for two men sat on a sofa together, thankfully with their backs to her. The woman behind the desk raised her eyebrows when she saw Lucy.

“Excuse me ma’am, but this is quite a high class hotel, and we’d appreciate it if full clothing was worn at all times.”

“Yeah, sorry, but I was told that my suitcases would be taken up to my room, almost an hour ago and they’re still not there.”

“Oh, I’m really sorry, I’ll get Pete to take them up now,” the woman said. She called the man stood near the door over who then picked up her suitcases and made his way to her room.

“Thanks.” Lucy turned around and made her way towards the elevator.

“Nice outfit!”

Lucy immediately turned around. She could only assume the voice came from one of the two 40-something men who were sat on the sofa. They were both now stood by the door that lead to the lounge. One of them was leaning against the door frame, his head down, face covered by his shoulder length brown hair. The other was grinning right at her. She recognised him from somewhere. But where? Quickly glancing up and down his slightly muscular frame, she noticed something hanging around his neck. A camera. And then the glasses. And the tattoos.

“Thanks, um, aren’t you Terry Richardson?” Lucy was surprised at her confidence. Usually she would have smiled awkwardly and walked away at a quick pace, but now she was actually talking.

“Looks like you have a fan, Terry,” teased the other man. That voice, she knew it from somewhere. Then he looked up, grinning. Jared Leto.
Sign up to rate and review this story