Categories > Books > Sherlock Holmes > Only Lies Have Detail

Only Lies Have Detail

by whatsupwatson 0 reviews

A world of love,hate and fear. Or is that just his life?

Category: Sherlock Holmes - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2014-02-11 - 295 words

0Unrated
It all started a while back, when I met her. The woman. I guess you could say she sort of turned my life around. However,that was in the past and I had moved on with my life. I had never needed anybody in my life especially not someone to rely on. Trust was a huge thing to me and it could easily be broken and she had broken that many times. I didn't need her. Not one bit.

But this is where it starts. Me sitting in my usual armchair reading the local newspaper and drinking a cup of tea, John sat opposite me with Mary on the side. I didn't appreciate love in my flat but he was my best friend and I suppose I had to deal with it. I placed my newspaper on the side and stood up stretching.

"New cases?" I asked and John slowly turned away from Mary a little disappointment shown on his face.

"None."

I nodded and walked into the kitchen area where I started to search.

"What are you doing?"

"Looking."

"For what?" Mary asked turning round.

I looked at her as he eyes met mine I turned my back. She had this kind of hold on me ,I felt we were both were the same in some ways and sometimes I felt I needed to get on her good side more than John's.

"Cigarettes."

"You don't need them." John muttered.

"If I didn't need them why would I be looking for them?" I hissed my search getting more frantic.

"Sherlock."

"WHAT?" I didn't mean to shout but I was fed up of being treated like a child, especially when I was much smarter than anyone in the room.

"You were giving up."

"Nothing lasts forever."
Sign up to rate and review this story