Categories > Books > Sherlock Holmes > Only Lies Have Detail

Lets Have Dinner

by whatsupwatson 0 reviews

Things aren't always as they seem.

Category: Sherlock Holmes - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2014-02-11 - 383 words

0Unrated
My phone buzzed from the other side of the room and I ran as quickly as I could to get it forgetting being in mid argument. I looked at the text message and the emotion drained from my face.

"What does it say then?" Mary laughed as they both waited for a response.

"Let's have dinner." I didn't know what to do. I felt an overwhelming flood of emotions, something I've never experienced before.
"Why is she back? Why now?"
I wracked my brain trying to come up with a reason, an explanation, for why she would decide to reappear at this moment. I came up short. I Sherlock Holmes failed to find a reason for her sudden surfacing. There was no explanation, no reason. Just a spur of the moment text from The Woman.


"No, I refuse to accept that, she doesn't think like that." I continue to think.

"Sherlock?" Mary asked, breaking my concentration.

"Huh?"

"John asked you a question"

"What John?" I asked.

"Who doesn't think like what?" John repeated with a sigh.

"What?"

"Well you said something about someone not thinking a certain way, who is it?" It appears I'd said that part aloud without realizing.

"No one" I replied. At this point I knew that I had to meet with her, alone. The panic started to overwhelm me and apparently it was easy to see.


"Calm down." John shouted and it knocked me back to place. I sat down on my armchair and picked up the newspaper hiding my phone behind it.

'Midnight. Your house.' I texted back trying to slow down my heart rate.

"Who wants dinner with him?" I heard Mary whisper to John.

"His old girlfriend."

"Sherlock had a girlfriend?" Her voice went high and she giggled slightly. "Well we better be off!" Mary jumped up and walked over to the sofa to get her coat.

"Are you going to be okay?" John asked and I slowly looked up the sweat off my hands had caused the newspaper to stick to my fingers.

"Yes of course . Go home,get some sleep. Look after that baby." Mary smiled and walked back to me leaving a kiss on my forehead. John merely smiled and closed the door behind him leaving me on my own yet again.
Sign up to rate and review this story