Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Honerable Mention

Honerable Mention

by meesheemooroo 1 review

Cari is a female jerk. the only thing she really cares about is meeting fall out boy specifically Pete. but when a girl who doesn't do well with emotions meets a guy who is crazy about her how coul...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2014-02-11 - 1922 words

0Unrated
Cari Dest confidently slid her leather jacket on over her sugar skull strapless shirt that came down to just above her navel not quite meeting up with her high wasted black shorts. she always had people tell her that her fashion sense was amazing, a bit dark but still pretty cool. some people called her a hipster which didn't really matter to her because she didn't actually give shit about anyone, or any thing and especially not other peoples opinions. The one thing she did Care about though, was Fall out Boy. She was 13 when take this to your grave came out and when she had seen it in a Sam Goody she just knew it was meant to be. Not only did she end up attached to the songs but she also remembering being fond of one of the boy's faces on the cover, the black haired one. Pete.
Cari moved to her giant full length mirror that hung in her white and grey bedroom. she looked at the grey-blue eyes and shoulder length washed out teal haired punk staring back at her and half smiled making her hoop nose ring she had gotten at 16 (without her parents permission), sparkle under her bedroom light. Cari wanted to do, what ever she wanted to do that's probably why she had never kept guy around long enough to be in a real relationship with him, she just didn't want one. Even when all her old buddies had started making families and stopped hanging out with her, she still didnt want a real relationship. Her shitty attitude and careless behavior toward people is also why her rich well to do parents cast her out of the family as soon as she turned 18 in trade her parents doted on her younger sister who was now in the process becoming a lawyer under their fathers successful Chicago law firm. Cari's mother a top is notch psychologist who never could 'make sense' of Cari's behavior. the only time she ever spoke to them now was when she needed more money. of course she called them sometimes asking for money when she had just received some from them just to see how angry she could get them. Every thing in her life was paid by her parents for her home, her car, her bills, her food so she didn't need a job as long as she could drain her dumb parents dry. money didn't mean a thing to her and her life felt whole except for one part, meeting the band she had chosen as her favorite all those years ago. Tonight was going to change that though. Tonight Cari had a V.I.P. pass to see fall out boy in their home town, her hometown of Chicago. They were just ending a tour for their new CD Save Rock and Roll, which Cari had listened to religiously lately.
Once her living room clock struck 5 pm she put on her boots and zipped out the door and down the elevator and into the paring lot of her 2 bedroom modern condo where she easily found her new blood red Lexus LFA. she hit the unlock button on her keys and slipped into the white luxury leather seats having a thought "maybe,just this once, I should try to be nice. or at least pretend anyway. after all this is the only thing I give two shits about, right?" she started the engine and plugged in her Ipod into the car to find the familiar Take This To Your Grave album cover she had stared at for so long when she was younger.as she sat there listening to the song Saturday creating a backdrop to her thoughts, she made her self a deal not to ruin this, she would make the most out of it.


Cari gave a sickeningly sweet smile to the almost bouncer looking security guy as she flashed her VIP pass and I.D. to him toward where she would be sitting which was on a balcony box where she could directly see the band. as the 6 or so balcony seats started filling up around her she felt her nerves starting to run wild. Cari tried to shake away the anxiousness she felt as The lights went out and all of a sudden the band appeared with flashes of light as they began to play. Through out most of the show she had eagle-eyed Pete who mostly focused on his base but new how to make a crowd go feral with some of his antics such as at the end when he jumped into the sea of people and surfed along top with nothing but crazy fans keeping him afloat. the whole show was nothing short of spectacular. All of a sudden Cari noticed the people on her balcony being ushered away by security guards who once again checked their passes and I.D.s as they all made their way trough the back corridors of the theater looking venue Cari couldn't help but feel like part of a group of sheep being herded. The group made it to a door where they stopped and another security guard began to speak.

"DO NOT harm the guys in any way such as kicking, hitting, or biting DO NOT touch them in any inappropriate way such as..." she began to tune out as her nervousness ate away at her thinking this has never really happened before, knowing she had never been this nervous in her life. finally the doors were opened and the half dozen people poured into the back stage room and immediately began to huddle around the four members of Fall Out Boy who looked ready and waiting in the white walled tan tiled room. She went to Pete first and watched as another girl had him something sign something and took a picture with him. Her heart raced as she finally was able to speak to him.

"Hi,uh pete. I was wondering if you would sign this?" she held the Take This to Your Grave CD out to him and he looked at her then took the CD.

"whats your name?" he asked concentrating on signing the CD with the silver sharpie.

"It's Cari" she said her voice sounding unusually timid.

"oh I like your name, its pretty "he said handing the CD back to her and looking at her face again making Cari's heart almost burn up under his stare. "whats your last name?" he questioned

"Dest" she replied. his Brown eyes met her blue for a moment that felt like hours until Pete looked away.

"I just thought you looked kind of familiar." he paused a moment thought evident on his tanned face. "are you from around here?"

"yeah, I live here" she said wishing she could make her self say more.

"Do you know a Tim and Katie Dest?" he said.

"yeah, the're my parents, why?" Cari said with a giggle most out of the hysterical disbelief he would know them.

"Tim is my lawyer, and Katie was my therapist when I was younger." he said smiling as their eyes met once more. "so their your parents? really? That's where I've seen you! "Tim has a picture of you and I think, your sister on his desk. I see it every time I go in there."

"oh. yeah they really are my parents, but-" she said cutting herself off now noticing there were people waiting on her to move to get their turn with Pete. she saw that he had just noticed too. "oh! I'm so sorry I.."she said fading off from her apology to Pete and the people behind her as she moved out of the way and began walking toward Patrick.
"Its okay." Pete mumbled to possibly himself wondering if she'd herd him, his face showing a little bit of sadness as the beautiful girl that had just made his pulse quicken walked off to talk to Patrick and the others. As Cari waited her turn to have Patrick sign her CD she kept stealing glances at Pete who had been doing the same with her as he mindlessly signed things. Their eyes kept meeting making Cari's stomach feel like it was on a roller coaster ride.

"Hi, my name is Cari, would you sign this for me?" she asked holding out the CD for him just as she had done with Pete.

"yeah, no problem. anything else? a picture?" The short almost blond Patrick asked with a smile.

"no picture, but I was wondering If you had a bathroom around here? I'm just not feeling well, nerves I guess" Patrick handed back the signed CD smiled at her shyness not knowing her true personality.

"why are you nervous? Is it us? you an use ours?" he said concerned.

"I don't know. I don't think I'm allowed to use yours" she remembering part of the security guards speech. "It was a rule they gave us"

"There's one down the hall, then take the first left then go-"

"I can show her" Pete spoke up cutting Patrick off.

"you sure?" Patrick asked sounding hesitant about letting his friend run off with a fan.

"it's no problem,I'm not signing anything right now. I know her Parents. you three think you three an hold down the fort?" Pete said chuckling at the end. He had gotten the okay from Patrick, a nod from Andy, and a thumbs up from Joe. he walked out the doors into the hall way. Cari could almost feel the burn a few girls angry stares into her as she left the room with Pete. Pete took her by the hand and led the quiet girl through the halls. her hand tingled in his.

"so do you have some kind of phone I can text you or call or something?" Pete asked nervously as he paused in the hall still hand in hand with the beautiful light blue haired girl. He didn't know why he had chosen to hold her hand realizing it may be awkward for her, he let go of her hand. she looked upset for almost a moment before telling him her number he quickly got out his phone to put it into his phone. "thanks, your very pretty" he said sheepishly as they started walking again then stopped in front of the bathroom doors. "would you want to-uh- go out with me...sometime?" she didn't answer and didn't want to. but the question made her blood pump fast making her light headed and she acted on impulse. Cari quickly spun around to the front of Pete and kissed him making Cari feel woozy for an instant. the kiss only lasted a second but Pete's mouth was coming at her again lips colliding a second time with a longer dizzying effect mixed with some weird emotion Cari couldn't place but somehow made her feel sad. once they parted from the kiss Cari felt the urge to run.

"thank you Pete, for showing me the bathroom Pete. But I have to go." she said. turning around to carefully walk away somehow thinking it would somehow help the situation.

"erm-uh- okay." he said confused as she began to walk away faster. "did I do something?" he yelled after her.

"no, your fine pete." she lied not knowing why.

"can I text you?" he yelled after her again.

"yeah" she said back to him escaping further down the hall away from all these weird feelings.
Sign up to rate and review this story