Categories > Cartoons > X-Men: The Animated Series > Forever Yours

Date

by tjsparkles 0 reviews

Scott is worried that his date with Jean will be less than perfect.

Category: X-Men: The Animated Series - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Cyclops,Jean - Published: 2014-02-21 - 456 words

0Unrated
Prompt: Date

Scott had never been this nervous in his life. Not only was he about to go out on a date with the girl of his dreams, but this was the first date he had ever been on. He had no idea what he was supposed to do, wear, or say. Jean had a crippling effect on him, though Scott knew it wasn’t intentional. Jean was just a gorgeous girl, with a heart to match. He wanted to make sure that this night was as close to perfect as possible.

He’d made reservations at an Italian restaurant just a few blocks away from the X-Mansion. Jean had mentioned in passing that Italian was her favorite food, and so Scott had stored away that little bit of information for later. He had requested a private room for them, hoping that it would shelter them from the possibility of being outed as mutants. It wasn’t Jean that he was worried about; it was himself. Scott was thankful that he didn’t have blue skin like Beast or the inability to touch people like Rogue, and he wasn’t complaining about his abilities—he just didn’t want Jean to suffer because of it.

Scott checked his reflection in the mirror and sighed. He’d opted to wear jeans and a nice button down shirt that the Professor had given him after graduation. It was casual yet slightly formal at the same time, and it didn’t look like he was trying too hard.

When Jean walked into his room, Scott felt his breath catch in his throat. Jean was a vision in a mid thigh length red dress, with heels to match. Her hair was down, just the way Scott liked it, flowing down Jean’s back. She smiled at Scott and held her arm out.

“I’m ready when you are, Mr. Summers.” Her tone was playful. She sounded almost as though she was trying to reassure Scott not to be nervous, and he was grateful for it, but there was no way he couldn’t be nervous around Jean. He wanted everything to be perfect that night, and he had stressed himself out to the point of near nausea trying to make sure that everything would be just right.

Jean’s gentle squeeze on Scott’s arm as she hoisted herself up into his truck relaxed Scott a bit, but the true determining factor in whether or not the night would go well was what Jean’s reaction would be when they arrived at the restaurant. Scott wanted desperately for the two of them to have a normal night, where they didn’t have to battle villains or Sentinels. They deserved it.
Sign up to rate and review this story