Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Unexpected

chapter 16

by MaryJaneSixx 1 review

better or worse

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2014-03-05 - 1253 words

1Moving
Chapter 16

In an interview for Rolling Stone Izzy told of our plans to marry. The article discussed how the general public saw me. Izzy candidly told them he loved me and the world had just better accept if if they wanted to accept him. He told them that we dont pick who whe love, we just love who we pick. He also announced plans of taking some time off to get married and work on cleaning up his act.
Needless to say the band went into a royal fit about it, well, mainly Axl and Slash. Still though, both Duff and Steven thought we were sort of rushing things. They all thought Izzy and I were too fucking smacked out to be thinking rationally about this. they didnt think we had thought out all the actions and ramifications. But Izzy and I honestly werent walking into this blindly. Somehow we just knew we were meant to be together.We knew the odds that faced us, they just werent enough to give up one another. Izzy was willing to walk away from everything just to be with me.
It was just that little seed of doubt that had the band in such an uproar. They were afraid of losing Izzy to me. They all knew how much they needed Izzy. Sure Axl wrote some songs, but their hits, they were mostly Izzy. Axl had relied on Izzy since day one. He knew he couldnt lose him, it would destroy the band. I was looked at as the enemy now more than ever before. I didnt know how much more of the constant snide remarks and arguements and Izzy having to defend my honor in the press I could take.
I feel my hand twitch as I stand staring out at Izzy playing on the stage. He looks so tired, his coke must be wearing off. Today when we woke up we dosed ourselves with only half of the dosage we had become accustom to. We were taking our first step in trying to clean up. It was enough to keep us from feeling like we were dying, but it wasnt quite enough to make us feel comfortable. Then my thoughts were broke off to roar of the audience. I listen as Axl starts to speak.
"Now we have a brand new one written by Mr. Izzy Stradlin."
I perk up not even knowing that Izzy had written any song. I never saw his write anything? I was always with him...When did he write a song? Then I see roadies carrying out stools onto the stage. Izzy takes this opportunity to come over to me. He smiles to me and takes my hand. "Come on," he tugs me, "Trust me."
I let him lead me back onto the stage with him. There is apparently a stool for me too. Everyone takes a seat from left to right its Slash, Steven, Axl, Duff, Izzy, then me. I can see the confusion of the fans when the spotlight hits me sitting there with Izzy. Izzy looks to me and leans toward the mic. "Lanessa, this ones for you baby. And tonight after this show...Were goin to Vegas."
Their was mixed reception from the crowd as well as the looks on the rest of the bands faces. I couldnt believe any of this was happening. It was like a fairytale dream. I watch as Izzy's hand starts to strum a soft melody. Wait! I knew this little riff, Izzy had been playing it since I met him. Thats how long he had been writing this? And he wrote it for me? Or had he just written it and was dedicating it to me? I hear Axl begin to softly sing.
"Shed a tear cuz Im missing you
Im still alright to smile
Girl I think about you every day now
Was a time when I wasnt sure
But you set my mind at ease
There is no doubt youre in my heart now.

Said, woman take it slow
Itll work itself out fine
All we need is just a little patience.
Said, sugar, make it slow
And we'll come together fine
All we need is just a little patience.
Patience...

I can see Axl move his mic onto his lap. Then to my surprise Izzy is leaning toward his mic as he turns slightly more toward me and looks at me as he starts to sing.
"I sit here on the stairs
Cause I'd rather be alone
If I cant have you right now Ill wait dear
Sometimes I get so tense
But I cant speed up the time
But you know, love
There's one more thing to consider.

Then Axl and Izzy both manage to sing syncronized.

"Said, Woman, take it slow
And things will be just fine
You and I just use a little patience
Said, sugar, take the time
Cause the lights are shining bright
You and Ive got what it takes
To make it, we wont fake it
Ill never break it
Cause I cant take it

Then Izzy and the rest of the guys began harmonizing together.

"...little patience, yeah
Just a little patience, yeah
Some more patience, yeah
Could use some patience, yeah
Gotta have some patience, yeah
All it takes is patience, yeah
Just a little patience, yeah
Is all you need...

Then they repeat them selves as Axl came screeching in.

"Ive been walking the streets at night
Just trying to get it right
Hard to see with so many around
You know I dont like
Being stuck in the crowd
And the streets dont change
But baby the names
I aint got time for the game
Cause I need you
Oooh, I need you
Woah, I need you
Oooh, All this time"

Izzy takes a final strum and looks over at me smiling so big. It must be a shock for all the fans who complain how he never smiles. He leans over and gives me a simple kiss and mouths to me that he loves me. Then the lights on the stage fade out and the show is over. Izzy wastes no time with a shower or changing. We are on board a plane faster than the other guys could even walk off the stage.
We drank champagne along the way and had ourselves a little bachelor party in the VIP on the plane. People actually congratulated us and wished us well. Maybe we stood a chance at not completely destroying his carreer. Id never seen Izzy so happy before. I could see the excitement of a child in him. He was truly thrilled to be marrying me. He wasnt even fully smacked out or coked out. There was a little bit of both in him, me too, but it was mostly the champagne that had him so enjoyable. I liked seeing him like this. It was new to me. I hoped to see him like this more often.
So Izzy and I got married on a chilly Vegas night in January at one of those corny wedding chapels. Izzy jokes to me and says he's dressed up as Izzy Stradlin, who am I? We stand there amongst this freakishly strange wedding chapel and say our vows to one another in the site of two witnesses the chapel supplied for us. It was now official, I was Mrs, Jeffery Isbel...Lanessa Isbel. However to the press I knew I was going to be Mrs. Izzy Stradlin.
Sign up to rate and review this story