Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > the girl that you love

Death Valley

by meesheemooroo 0 reviews

Someone breaks into the house and someone gets hurt

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2014-05-19 - 2938 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Em, I'm glad we got this time together, I know you miss him already though." Pete said fitting two pieces of the changing table together and screwing them into place as we sat on the floor of the nursery that was coming along nicely. I was already six months pregnant and Patrick had to go out of town for some interviews and was supposed to be coming back tomorrow morning. Patrick and I had decided on a grey, white and pink nursery and he had insisted on the best things, we both wanted our daughter to have the things we never had.

"I do miss him, but time away sometimes is good." I smiled then herd a crash of something breaking downstairs and rolled my eyes.

"stop breaking things and get back up here!" Pete shouted through the house "seriously, we sent him down there for another screwdriver and he ends up breaking everything." Pete laughed making me laugh too as I handed him another screw to fit into another hole.

"Stand up and move slowly up against the wall now!" We herd a voice and looked up to see a guy with a raspy deep voice in a grey ski mask standing in the door way pointing a gun at us. My mouth dropped but we both did as the man said. I began to cry and the man yelled at me to shut up.

"shes pregnant, just take what you want and leave, but don't hurt us." Pete said calmly.

"I don't give a fuck! Where is he? Are you alone?" The man said getting a little closer with his gun and I began to cry a little bit harder out of fear, it was uncontrollable.

"yes, were alone." Pete said.

"you, Emily, where is Patrick?" he said coming toward me gun inches away from my stomach.

"don't." Pete warned him but the man ignored him.

"Out of town, I- I don't know" I shuddered through my tears. "what do you want from us?" I asked sadly as I looked into the man's blue eyes.

"I know there's a safe down stairs where he keeps the instruments, do you know the code?" he asked pressing the gun now right into my stomach. through my shirt I could feel the cold metal on my skin as the baby kicked. I nodded in response to his question then he went over to Pete and held the gun right to his head. "then I'm going to need to get rid of you first so you don't get in the way." he said.

"not to sound rich or anything but do you know who I am?" Pete asked, I sensed the venom in his voice even though I knew he was trying to calm the man.

"yeah, I know who both of you are, and I dont care. Why should I?" the man said holding the gun even harder to Pete's head as he got in his face.

"then you should know you need me, I have money too." he said and my eyes widened in horror as I saw Brendon sneaking through the door way, I tried not to stare too long to give him away. The man turned back to me and looked at me for a second ready to ask another question when the man began to fall backwards and I was pulled out of the way as I herd a gun fire but Pete was being a human shield so I couldn't see much, and I herd myself scream and felt radiating pain. It happened so quickly like it all happened at once.

"shh, its okay. everything is okay" Pete said to me as he layed me down on the floor.

"I'm fine." I said but I was shocked when it was barely audible coming out of my mouth in mumbles. I was barely able to raise my head to see Brendon pacing the room on his cell phone yelling hysterically about a girl being shot.
"hes so crazy sometimes." I tried to laugh at Brendon to Pete but the mumbled mess of words were even worse this time I didn't even know what I was saying. I looked over to the right side of where my head was on Pete s lap and saw the man in the mask laying on the floor with something sticking out of his head. I looked back up at Pete who had both arms on one of mine. I looked at my upper arm where his hands were and saw blood every where. my eyes felt heavy and I looked up at Pete.

"Brendon! tell them to hurry shes loosing a lot of blood!" Pete yelled to him.

"I'm trying! Just keep pressure on her arm!" he said back frantically now he was crouched down over me talking on his cell phone I couldn't really understand the conversation anymore, all I could understand was Pete telling me to stay with him over and over. Everything got woozier and woozier and my brain couldn't really process what was going on any more, but I knew to listen to Pete and stay with him for my daughter. I began to see Paramedics flood the room and also hover over me. I knew I was on a gurney when I was being lifted down the stairs they carried me outside into the dark night and I saw lights flashing and admired them in my woozy half dead state. an oxygen mask was strapped on my face and I could feel someone move my spare arm away from my stomach which I had been holding on to this whole time. All of a sudden I was slid into bright lights which almost blinded me as my good arm was hooked up to things and by good arm I meant the one I could move the other arm was being held onto and I felt pressure and throbbing in it.

"was I shot?" I asked the big bald EMT who was holding onto me.

"Yes, Miss. Law, you were. Do you remember anything from it?" he asked.

"I remember everything but being shot. will she be alright?" I asked pulling my free hand one again to my stomach.

"All I can promise you is that we will try our best. Will you stay with me and talk to me for a while?" he asked putting on a smile and I nodded trying to clear away all the fog in my brain.

"does she have a name yet?" he asked.

"Maxene Vaughn Stump." I said feeling myself smile.

"that's a pretty name." he said.

"her father liked the name Max, Patrick's out of town right now but can you make sure he gets the message that I got shot?" I smiled.

"one of your friends were already on the phone with him when we loaded you in here. your taking being shot pretty well,your doing better than I would be." he said and I felt the ambulance come to a stop and the sirens stop.

"Cameras everywhere." the driver said to the rest of the team who was in the back with me.

"no surprise, just pull in." the lady said who was working one of my I.V.s

"okay Miss. Law, were going to hurry you back and get you fixed up." he messed with something and put the oxygen mask back on my face and the moved me out of the ambulance and into a dark garage then into the hospital as quickly as they could, someone was still applying pressure to my arm which was now in searing pain and a couple of others sprinting along with me.

"were taking you directly to surgery, okay?" the bald EMT told me and I nodded even though I was terrified and in a lot of pain. they wheeled me into a room where they helped me transfer from the stretcher to a weird bed. this room was big and had about five or six people in it.

I saw a woman put something in my I.V.

"Its okay to fall asleep now, I put something in your I.V. so you should be out soon, were just going to remove the bullet and stitch you up." she said. then someone quickly put ultra sound jell and the wand on my stomach.

"wait!" I said feeling tired already. "Is she alright?" the woman with the wand on my belly nodded with a smile at me before I fell asleep.


I could hear beeps and the sound of constant pounding coming from beside me, I opened my eyes and saw a nurse looking at the monitor writing something down on her clipboard. She looked over at me and smiled when she realized I was awake.

"Hello, Miss. Law, your fiance's in the waiting room do you want me to send him in?" she asked.

"yes please thank you. hows my baby?" I asked.

"shes doing terrific. the doctor should be in in a moment also." she said before she walked out the door. my arm was still in horrific pain and I looked at it in bandages. I couldn't believe this had happened who was this man? Then a thought made my stomach sink, had Pete done this too? was he that twisted to do it again? my ugly thoughts had been broken off by a sweet smile and Patrick's voice.

"I'm so glad you two are okay." he sniffled and enveloped me careful of my arm in a hug.

"I love you." I said burring my face deep in his shoulder breathing him in.

"I love you too, so much" he pulled away and kissed me then moved to my belly.

"hey, its daddy. Mommy had an accident, but I wont let anyone else hurt you two ever again." he put his hand on my stomach and she began to kick making him smile.

"I think she knows your voice." I said.

"hey Emily, Patrick." the doctor greeted us when he walked in. he pulled up a chair and sat down beside me. "so I herd you remember everything but being shot." he said playfully.

"yeah, I do remember some pain though. what happened to the robber?" I asked.

"he was dead before we got there. your friend, Brendon, got him right in the temple with a screw driver. You should be glad he did too, he probably saved your life." he said.

"did he have a name?" Patrick asked.

"Michael Caster." the doctor said and my face turned to a horrified look and then I looked at Patrick who for some reason didn't understand what was wrong with me.

"Patrick, it was Mike." I said and he realized then who it was.

"I'll send and officer in." the doctor said and hurried out of the room.

"Patrick?" I asked still in disbelief. "what did you have in that safe?" I asked

"what do you mean? the safe in the in my studio? nothing, I've never used it." he said.

"how would he know about that safe?" I asked and his eyebrows went up in realization.

"only a couple people knew about it, you, Pete, and my girlfriend. Odds are they were going to rob us and kill us." he said then the door came open

"Hi, I'm officer Owens." A lady cop with tanned skin and dark brown hair in a bun walked in. "I was waiting for you to wake up. Now Miss. Law, The doctor said you knew the robber?" she asked.

"yes, he was my ex boyfriend Mike. He had actually followed here from Chicago and had given me trouble since I've lived here before." I said

"what do you mean by trouble?" she asked turning down her radio in her shoulder to listen to my story as she sat down at the foot of my hospital bed.

"he came over to my old house and luckily Brendon Urie, the guy who just saved Pete and I this time, was there and saved me that time. He came in my door and tried to chase me through my house."

"I know he had just gotten out of jail a few days ago. Any Ideas on how he got your door unlocked and your gate key for your neighborhood?" she asked

"I believe my ex girlfriend was involved also, they were seeing each other and they both absolutely hated us and she was the only one who knew about the safe in my house and how to go about getting in the gate. I think he came to rob and kill my Pregnant Fiance and I." Patrick said.

"whats your ex-girlfriend's name?" she asked pulling out a small pad of paper and pen then looking at Patrick.

"Trisha Morrison." he said.

"Thank you Mr. Stump. we will be looking into this and we will notify you if we find out if shes part of it or not." she said " and thank you both for your time. Miss. Law, I hope you and your baby will be alright." we thanked her and she left.

"hey Patrick? could you do me a favor?" I asked

"sure sweetie, what is it?"

"I want to talk to Brendon alone for a minute." I said.

"okay, I'll send him back." he said then gave me a kiss. A moment later Brendon came in.

"Nice hospital gown Em!" he smirked. "I can see your Pee, by the way." he said pointing to a bag hanging off the side of my bed that led to my catheter.

"eww, do they have to display it like that?" I laughed at the dangling very visible to the public, pee bag.

"so whats up? Patrick said you wanted to see me?" he asked with his arms crossed.

"yeah, come here." I said and he took a few steps forward to the side of my bed. "closer" I said and he leaned forward that's when I grabbed him in a one armed hug and he began to hug back weirdly due to my hurt arm.

"thank you for saving mine and by daughters life, and Pete's too." I said.

"you would of done the same for me if I was pregnant and being robbed." he laughed into our hug.

"I love you, you've always been my hero." I said and I felt tears fall down my cheeks.

"I love you too Em, both of you. hell, Patrick too." he chuckled and I herd him sniffle. "you both almost died, he shot the main artery in your arm." he sniffled again "if you would of... I-I don't know.." he trailed off.

"I'm okay now and Max is fine." I said then I pulled away to take a look at crying Brendon who turned around and shielded his face quickly. "come on Bren, this is the first time I've ever seen you cry." I smiled and I herd a laugh come through his sniffles and he turned back around and faced me. "I wanted to offer you something, and I know Patrick would agree. since you saved my life like a million times already." I laughed making him smile. "I was wondering if you want to be Max's godfather?" I asked.

"I don't know, you guys almost get killed a lot." he laughed. "no I'm kidding, that would be amazing and I would be totally honored, seriously." he said getting all giddy and exited. then he hugged me again. "Is that her heart beat?" he listened to the pounding noise coming through the hospital monitor and I nodded. "can I touch your belly?" he asked pointing nervously to my stomach.

"go ahead, you can even talk to her if you want, she can hear you." I said and his eyes lit up as he slowly and carefully placed his hand on my belly and leaned forward.

"hey max." he said to my protruding belly. "I'm Brendon, And I'm going to be your goddad, well I mean if its okay with your dad of course. You'll like me, I'm fun. I cant wait to meet you in a couple months." he said then looked up at me and smiled. "just remember, I'm cooler than everyone else... Except your mom and dad of course." he stood back upright but left his hand on my belly then gasped when he felt her move.

"I told you she could hear you." I smiled. "I think she likes you already."

"hey! why does he get to touch the baby and I don't?" Pete asked coming into the room followed by Joe, Andy and Patrick."

"because Max likes me the best." Brendon said to Pete childishly. they all ended up coming over and put their hands on my belly.

"you can get better reception over here." Brendon said moving his hand to another spot on my belly making everyone laugh.

"well I see someones breaking the three to a room rule." the doctor laughed as he came through the door.

"sorry, my baby has too many eager uncles, their just glad shes okay." I said as they all took their hands off my belly and became adults for a moment.

"I've never seen so many rock stars in one room." the doctor laughed. "the good news is you get to go home, you and the baby are doing very well and I can clearly see that you will be in good hands. But you need to lay back and rest for a while and try not to move your arm very much at all.

"no problem." I agreed
Sign up to rate and review this story