Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Naruto the Chimera

Chapter 3

by jkage10 0 reviews

Orochimaru learns more about Naruto and himself

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Naruto,Orochimaru - Published: 2014-05-26 - 4663 words

5Original
It has been six months since the party. Naruto has changed a lot. He grew a little taller. Much to the dismay of Orochimaru, his hair was still spiked up. No matter how much Orochi tried to comb it, it did not go down. Naruto now was able to voice his opinion just a little bit better. But right now, Orochimaru thought it would be a great time to learn how to throw kunais.

They were in Orochimaru's personal training area. Orochimaru was practicing with Naruto on how to legitimately throw his kunai. "Ok Naruto, I want you to hit the red dot right over there." Naruto's comprehension and understanding of things has grown at such an alarming rate it even concerned Orochimaru slightly. While other people would call Naruto a prodigy if they knew, Orochimaru saw more determination than anything else.

He had seen it in Naruto before. Naruto saw some of the other kids climb a tree. Naruto tried it himself but failed the first time and fell. However he kept trying until he was up in the tree. It scared the hell out of Orochimaru because he was worried he would go and kill himself, and to a lesser extent be worried that Naruto's determination and will would not allow him to be taken over.

Naruto focused at the red dot as much as a two year old could and threw the kunai. The throw was not focused resulting in the kunai spinning, instead of straight. The big target was hit with the handle of the kunai instead of the blade. Orochi's eyes were wide because even though it was hit with the hilt, the kunai hit the red dot and the kunai was lodged into the target.

Orochimaru tried to keep his astonishment from reaching his voice as he spoke, "Naruto-kun, that was ok throw. It aim was great but the throw was spinning and not -"

Something whizzed right passed the Hebi Sannin cutting few strands of hair of the Sannin. Orochi looked back and saw the blade was lodged in a tree between a pair of rabbit ears. Orochi's eyes went wide as he looked into Naruto's eyes. Naruto's eyes went from the carefree ocean blue eyes to a darker shade of blue filled with determination. Naruto said, "Target! I hit target!"

Orochimaru had shock written all over his face. Orochimaru had never seen anything like this before in his forty years of life. 'What is it about Naru-kun that makes him change from care-free to determine in that little bit of time? His throws are deadly accurate and powerful. He has to stay focused so he could throw it right. Right now I'll send a clone to look into his genetics while I take Naruto-kun to Ichiraku.'

During this time Naruto had found out what his favorite food was. Oh how Naruto loved his ramen. Orochimaru took him one day to Ayame and Teuchi. He drank just a little bit of broth and was swooned. He could stop eating it make Orochimaru of the Sannin feel like a Genin living pay check to paycheck. To Naruto it was a once in a month delicacy for the sake of the poor Sannin.

Orochimaru put the boy on his shoulder as he did one hand sign. In an instant, Naruto and Orochi disappeared in a swirl of leaves.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Orochimaru's shadow clone had been extensively researching Naruto and who his grandparents were. Due to the fact that he is the head of the Research and Development Department, he was able to access the servers that had what he was looking for remotely. He thought, 'Ok, computer what do you have for me?'

He typed the name Kushina Uzumaki into the database. The computer went through many different names until it locked onto Kushina's picture. When Orochimaru looked at the screen it showed her information. It said,"

Name: Kushina Uzumaki

Age: Twenty

Gender: Female

Parents: Classified

Hair Color: Red

Eye Color: Green

Rank: ANBU Commander

Status: Deceased"

Orochimaru's clone had a visible frown on it. Since he was the one who created this database, it unnerved him that he was unable to get in. He did a few of his hacking tricks and opened up the parents files. Orochimaru's eyes went wide at Kushina's parents were. 'My, My Naruto-kun, you did choose a very good mother. Now let's see how about your father?
________________________________________________________________________________________________

While Orochimaru's clone was checking on Naruto's genealogy, the real Orochimaru took Naruto to Ichiraku for a treat. Orochimaru said, "Now Naruto-kun what kind of ramen do you want?"

Naruto said with much enthusiasm, "Miso! Miso!" The chef chuckled as he stirred the pot of noodles.

Orochimaru said, "Teuchi-san, how is the family?"

Teuchi sighed. Times have been hard for him and his family. His wife had stage 4 cancer and she was not going to live much longer. They have been trying to fool poor Ayame. Ayame is only five years old but she knew something was wrong with her mom. She plays Nurse Ayame to get her mother's spirits up.

Teuchi said to Orochi in his sad voice, "It's not so good. You know the wife might be going away soon. It's been hard for Ayame. She knows something is wrong but we try to keep a brave face and say it was a cold. She plays games trying to make her mother happy except it makes her even sadder as she won't see her grow up."

With the tone of Teuchi's voice, Naruto had gained a sad smile on his face. He didn't know why but he felt sadness roll off of him. Orochimaru could feel it also. He said, "I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could to help you. If you need anything just ask."

Teuchi nodded as he gave Naruto his salty noodles. This was the first time Naruto didn't have the appetite to eat his ramen. He played around with it and ate some as Orochimaru drank some water. He could see even from an early age that Naruto could sense the emotions around him. This would be good for Naruto as he would be able to empathize with people. Yet it is a horrible trait as it would make it that much harder for Orochi to complete his plan. For that matter, he wondered if he wanted to go through with his plan but he has gone through too much to flip the switch now. He saw Naruto was finished with his ramen; Orochi put the money on the table.

He sighed as he said to Naruto, "Come Naruto-kun, let's go to the park. Teuchi-san, I left the money on the counter. We'll come by and visit some more some time." With that Orochimaru did one hand sign and the two disappeared in a swirl of leaves.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Naruto and Orochimaru reached the playground. Naruto saw children playing ninja, while others played on the swing set. Orochimaru could see the joyful look on the young boy's face. The Hebi Sannin said, "Go ahead Naruto-kun. Go play I'll be right over there." Naruto nodded as he ran to go to the swings.

Orochimaru sighed, as he sat down in one of the board games chairs. It is almost time to take a permanent "vacation" from the Leaf. However his thoughts were wandering to the boy. The boy would be left alone mostly likely for dead. So what could he-"

"Hello Orochimaru."

Orochimaru knew that bored voice anywhere. He grew a smirk on his pale white face. "It is great to see you too, Shikaku." The Nara Clan Head sat down on the opposite side of the Hebi Sannin. Shikaku pulled a scroll out of his pocket. This scroll had the kanji for the word "Shogi".

Shikaku said, "Wanna play a game? The wife is watching the young ones." Orochimaru saw Yoshino watching Shikamaru, Chouji, Ino, and surprisingly Naruto. He could see that Yoshino was manipulating the kids' shadows to create a barrier around them to make sure no one bothered them.

If Orochi was honest, he would have to say that the Nara Clan was the most trustworthy of the remaining clans. They were calm, calculative, and honest but the men from what he had heard were lazy. Orochi said, "Sure why not." Shikaku smiled as he set the board.

Shikaku said while moving the first piece, "It has been a long two years has it not. How's fatherhood treating you?"

Orochimaru moved his piece as he spoke. "It has been a long two years. Naruto has been a hassle and a half yet he is shaping up to be a prodigy maybe even a genius."

Shikaku was silent for a moment before he moved his piece. "How so Orochimaru? I mean he's only what two and half years old. Is it not a little early to be calling anyone a prodigy much less a genius?"

Orochimaru saw Shikaku's trap from the very first move. He moved a piece in a very unconventional way. Orochi had his infamous smirk on his face. "That is what is wrong with your generation. Because you guys have not experienced the means of a true prodigy or genius other than Minato, you guys are shooting in the dark as to who is and isn't."

Shikaku analyzed Orochi's move before he moved. He said, "I disagree Orochimaru-san. Many of you called us prodigy of something. A true prodigy and genius is Fugaku's oldest son, Itachi."

Orochi stroked his chin as he looked at the board. He moved another piece as he said, "True, yet there are many different types and forms of genius along with an array of prodigies. Of course we look at genius as a person who has an IQ in the high hundreds. That is the traditional sense of the word. People like that are Itachi, you, and I."

Shika made his move on the field. Unconscious to what he just did he said, "Since you used the word traditional, there must be an untraditional way. What would you consider to be untraditional genius? For that matter who would you consider to be one?"

Orochimaru laughed inwardly. His smirk grew wider as he spoke. "Well Shikaku, the untraditional genius would be my teammate Jiraiya. When we first were a cell, he looked like a bumbling idiot, who Tsunade and I considered holding us back. I had the talent. Tsunade had the talent and abilities. Jiraiya had something we didn't have. He had determination.

He worked his ass off. We didn't recognize it but he was also a genius. He is a genius of hard work and determination. He also had one more thing we didn't have. You see Shikaku, he thinks of life as a game of shogi. He always considered himself all the pieces but one, the king. He felt the king need to protected-"

Shikaku cut him off, "So the king is the Hokage, right?"

Orochimaru laughed. Yes the Hebi Sannin laughed at the traditional genius. He said, "If you believe that then you are definitely not a genius." Shikaku scowled at Orochi's insult but said nothing as he was curious as to whom this 'king' was. Orochi continued, "You see the 'king' is not the king per se. The king is the thing, whether it is a person or an item, place, or even an idea that drives you to great lengths to protect.

A perfect example is the raven haired woman that was my student and now your wife. Yoshino-chan, used to train passed her limits to get into your lazy heart especially during the war. You were the Nara prodigy, the one who could outsmart your famous genius of a father in everything. You were the one who supposedly able outsmart all but one person in your class and that was Minato.

She on the other hand was the weak side of the Nara Clan. Her mother and father were cast out of the clan because it was believed that they were not able to do shadow-type jutsus. They were not the smartest of people. Yoshino-chan, was above average but considered much lower than you. So when you had Gurei Sarutobi as a sensei, she had me.

She trained herself to the brink over and over again. I would put all the money I have on her beating you because she had the determination to do it. You were laid back and believe that you could always be clutch even though you did not practice. But you remember what happened when Kumo had you trapped. Your perception could not have saved you. However since you were her 'king', she used all the stops she knew which included all the laps with three hundred pounds strapped onto her short frame. She reached you in time and instead of you being dead, she took the kunais into her right shoulder. You, all you got was a slash on your chin.

She would have made Jonin but the injury rendered her arm weak. She sacrificed herself for you. She had overcome so much and was on her way to be an ANBU Captain in three years but gave it all away for the one she loved.

Some people would call her stupid. However a genius in the nontraditional way is the one who under pressure is always clutch and knows what they have to do even when the probability of success is less than zero. A genius is one who picks his or her battles. A genius in the nontraditional way is the one who does not know the word give up and is intelligent on the one thing that matter to them.

Just like this very game, you are not the genius. You are talented but still very flawed." With that Orochimaru had taken Shikaku's king. Shikaku's eyes were extremely wide. He never lost a game of shogi. Yet here it was, in front of his very black pupils, Orochi had taken his king. He could not close his mouth as the words that came out of Orochi's mouth struck a nerve in him. He still didn't know why Orochi called Naruto a genius but he did give him a lot to think about.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Orochimaru's clone was having a big problem. He looked into the database to see Naruto's genealogy from his father's side. He typed in Minato Namikaze into the computer. He easily found his file and opened it. The computer screened said:

Name: Minato Namikaze

Age: Twenty

Gender: Male

Parents: Iyoshi and Naoti Namikaze

Eye Color: Blue

Rank: Yondaime Hokage

Status: Deceased"

Orochimaru's clone frowned deeply. There was something odd about Minato's file. The first inconsistency was that it said his age was twenty when in fact he would be twenty-five. He however chalked that up to the fact that was how old Minato was when he died. The second inconsistency was the fact that Minato's parents were not classified. When a person reached the rank of Jonin, the parents' file would become classified just in case someone was able to hack in and use the family as leverage. There were some cases in which the parent was a powerful or legendary ninja like Kakashi's father.

Minato's parents were not anything like that. The two were in fact civilians. It got worse because some things didn't add up in Orochimaru's mind. Naoti Namikaze was not able to bear children and at the time was in her early fifties when Minato was supposedly born. She died ten years later.

She could not possibly be Minato's mother. Iyoshi on the other hand had no common features with Minato. This can't be right. He used the database to pull up a picture of Iyoshi. He put the picture right next to Minato. It was evidently clear. Minato was not the son of Iyoshi. 'Damnit! If Iyoshi isn't the father then who could it be? It doesn't make sense. This has to be a trap move. It is weird leaving who his supposed parents are wide open for anyone can see.

I can't bring this to the Hokage. That would be a very bad idea. I have to figure out a way to get authorization for the blood cells to Minato. I can't do what I did with the Shodai and Nidaime and the others in Konoha. I was only able to successfully steal them was during an attack on Konoha. Maybe I could use the excuse of genetic diseases that run in the family. Nope, that won't work all it would do is create more problems and suspicion as to what is going on with Naruto-kun.

Minato, you are real something aren't you. Wait a moment! I know what I'm going to do! The question is where did I put Naruto's original blood sample?'
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Naruto was having fun with his new friends as they talked their own language. It must be extremely funny as Naruto, Ino, and Chouji even Shika were laughing as if it was the funniest thing in the world. Yoshino smiled as she kept her shadow jutsu over the children. She loved children especially seeing her Shika having fun. Her face grew a gracious smile on it.

Someone tapped her on her shoulder. Much to her surprise it was Harini Hyuga, the new matriarch of the Hyuga Clan. She was about five feet two inches tall. She had the famous Byakugan. The difference was that the pupiless eyes were a violet color. She had a noticeable bump in her stomach. As she walked with such grace and royalty, she spoke, "Yoshino-chan, it is great to see you. How is the younger generation of the Ino-Shika-Cho?"

Yoshino smiled as she said, "Harini-chan, it has been much too long. They are fine just playing with young Naruto-kun here." Harini saw the blond haired boy and smiled. She was not like most Main House Hyugas. She was kind hearted and like Yoshino loved children. Naruto was no exception. She thought that what Naruto has in him is a burden that she hopes would not kill him.

Yoshino noticed her 'bump'. Yoshino said, "How are the Hien-kun and Hinata-chan. I see that you are adding someone new into the family." Yoshino had the all-knowing smirk on her face. Harini blushed a deep red at this. She unconsciously rubbed her belly at this.

She said, "Can't put one passed you can I, Yoshino-chan? I'm three months in. I can't believe I'm having my third child! Hiashi actually has been smiling a whole lot more. You should have seen him when Hien was born. He was more of a wreck than I was. Before Hien came out, I thought he was delivering him!"

The two were laughing just as hard as the babies. What they didn't know was Orochi was listening in on the conversation. The Hyuga matriarch continued, "With Hinata-chan, it was so much different. His heart melted at her purple eyes. He wanted a daughter but then it hit him. Boys will be coming at his door to 'court' Hinata-chan in thirteen or so years. His face turned to stone as he went into his study.

He was in there for three hours. I was actually worried about him. He came out with a scroll and gave it to me. His stern look scared me as he handed it to me. When I opened it I bust of laughing. I couldn't stop."

Yoshino asked with pure curiosity written on her face, "What did it say?" It took a minute for Harini to respond. She could not for the life of her to stop laughing at poor Hiashi. When she finally caught her breath, she calmed down somewhat.

She said while giggling, "Hiashi wrote as the title "Ten Simple Rules for Dating My Daughter"! He had lost his mind. After I read the rules and laughed some more, all I could see was his face twitching and his hair frayed. You could even tell that his hands were shaking because of the chicken scratch handwriting! He was a total mess!"

They kept laughing as Naruto's little group were playing a game and the dads were playing shogi. This continued until evening.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Later that evening, Orochimaru with his Sannin Rights was able to leave Konoha for a while. The reason the Sannin Rights were invoked was because the Sannin each had their own set of spy bases. They would have to meet outside of Konoha and not in the traditional form.

He had summoned Orenji to watch over Naruto as he had some things that he had to take care of. He reached the south east border in no time. He patiently waited for someone to come. He looked at the location of the moon to tell him what time it was. Orochimaru thought angrily, 'Where the hell is he? He was supposed to be here minutes ago. There better be a good explanation. The ANBU is protecting the other side tonight.'

In a moment, a blurry figure came into the dark night. He was a tall, slim man with dark eyes and a black beard. He wears a different flak jacket indicating he is from another village. His head was bandaged and forehead protector covered his right eye.

Orochimaru scowled as he had other things to do like examining Naruto's blood sample. The man saw Orochi's eyes and grimaced. He said, "Orochimaru-sama, I can explain there has been extreme tension in the boarders between Iwa and Kumo. I had to properly time my escape. Please forgive me."

Orochi had an impassive face. He said in an apathetic tone, "Don't let it happen again." The man bowed as he let Orochimaru finish speaking. "So do you have the samples I asked for? It would be very bad for you if I do not get what I ask for, especially for what you are asking for in return."

The man started to sweat. He could only get two out of the three. Unfortunately for him Orochimaru only had a little bit of time to finish his project. Every little delay becomes a bigger problem for the Hebi Sannin. Orochimaru's eyes became narrow as he could clearly see something was not right. The man said, "Orochimaru-sama, I could only get two of the samples. The other one has been destroyed or relocated. Please forgive me. We desperately need another bloodline to survive."

Orochimaru rolled his eyes at the man. "I must disagree with your statement. You are not in need of another bloodline. In fact you have not one but two Jinchūrikis. So don't give me that. You have failed me on this mission. I guess your whole squadrons are horrible as you could not take a bloodline from the civil war in Kiri. That is absolutely shameful. They were basically asking to be taken and you couldn't get one. You guys are pathetic. However it is understandable, your kage is getting up there in age."

The man inwardly growled as the Sannin just insulted his Kage. Unfortunately, the man had to bite his pride and bow to Orochimaru. "My apologies Orochimaru-sama. I hope you are able to forgive my insolence."

Orochimaru really wanted to kill this guy. He knew the man wasn't fully sorry and that he wanted him to drop dead. However he is a 'pawn' to his greater plans. He said, "I can forgive many people's insolence like if the carrier gives me someone else's mail. The difference is that he is about 98 percent effective. You on the other hand are not even worth an ounce of my forgiveness.

I forgive those who are usually effective about 100 percent. You came to me late even though I have things to do. Now you tell me you were only able to get two out of three samples, which if I'm not mistaken is 66.666667% success rate. So not only are you not punctual but you cannot even succeed in a something as easy as that and you are a higher ranked head ninja.

So forgiveness is out of the equation. You fail me again, you die. It is as simple as that. You will meet me in five months. Bring me the sample and you will get the Hyuga." Orochimaru did not hold back his clear disdain of the head ninja.

The ninja had a deep frown as the anger welled inside of him. His palms started to bleed. The reason was his nails dug themselves into palms of his hand. One could see him shaking in anger. Orochi smirked inwardly on for it to be erased as he saw the man grow a smirk.

The man said, "Oh Orochimaru, I wouldn't be threatening anyone, if I were you." This made Orochi's eyebrows to rise. Everything had been going according to plan but this asshole was threatening him, a guy that could level most of this man's country. 'I want to see how this is going to develop.'

"Really for a person who cannot complete one task, you sure are talking a pretty big game. I would hope for your country's sake there are not many incompetent ninjas there. I mean after all you wouldn't want to fuck things up and have another war. Now do you?"

Orochimaru was definitely in this man's head. However the man had grown a huge smirk on his face. "You're right Orochi. We could not possibly want the Sannin to be beat us. But you do have something that we can take. I think his name is Naruto."

Orochimaru's eyes narrowed. He rarely got angry but when he did, it was cornering a rattlesnake. You were going to get hurt. Orochimaru lifted up his hand. With a swift move five snakes came out of his sleeve. The five snakes grew as they wrapped around the man. As he tried to scream, the snakes constricted him even more.

Orochimaru walked up to the head ninja. His eyes told the man he might have taken a step too far. Orochimaru pulled a kunai out of his pocket. He said with a threatening tone, "You have quickly forgotten your place. I do not condone a pathetic weakling like you threatening my son. At this time I don't give a flying fuck who told you but I swear on your life if I find out you or any one of your people even put a hand on the boy, you will die. I'm going to give you a deterrent for your ignorance."

Orochimaru showed his strength by jamming the kunai passed the man's forehead protector and stabbing the man's eye. The man tried to scream but could not say anything as the snakes made it impossible to breath. The snakes sank their vipers into the man. He felt as if he was about to pass out. The snakes disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Orochimaru said, "You will live for now with one eye. I gave you a reason to wear that stupid protector like that. Now get out of my sight, you little shit! If you fail me again, I will make you snake chow. Better yet you will be my little experiment."

The man, who was woozy and in deep pain, could only nodded. He disappeared into the shadowy trees albeit in a painful matter. Orochi frowned as went back to his home. He had six months to prepare his departure and to train Naruto. As he thought about the man's threat, he could only think about was the boy's safety. Maybe the boy was becoming a liability to him, after all.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note: Ok done with this chapter. The next two chapters will be interesting. As you can see this has built up for an interesting departure and Naruto activating his first bloodline. By the way do not worry about the OCs. They won't be around for long.
*]
[*Jk10 is out.
Sign up to rate and review this story