Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Baby

Goodbye, Rose

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Rose and her friends celebrate her going away party before she leaves for Chicago.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2014-06-02 - 804 words - Complete

0Unrated
Goodbye, Rose:

Rose expected today to be just another boring work day. Today's going to be my last day at work, she thought. It still didn't feel real. She spent the last six years at Beach Radio Magazine. By this evening, she would be at the airport heading to Chicago with Pete. Rose stood trembling. When did this all happen? The woman shook her head quickly. I can't think about that now/, she thought. /I need to get through this day and go home. She took in a deep breath. I can do this. She walked up the office door and opened.

"Surprise!" everyone else shouted. Rose jumped back in shock.

"What the?!" she yelled. Nessa walked forward, grinning.

"Welcome!" she greeted her. "This is your farewell party." The pregnant journalist looked around, confused.

"What?" she asked.

"Don't just stand there! Come in!" her best friend said. She dragged Rose into room before she could argue. Her friends/co-workers went all out for this today. Paper decorations covered the walls. A big yellow and red banner read, "Good Luck Rose" in big letters overhead. The tables served as food and drink bar put together near the back wall. Rachel played the music from her computer. Rose stood blinking at their grinning faces.

"You did all of this for me?" she asked.

"Of course," Duncan said. "We just had to see you off in style." Rose stared at him with big, blank eyes. He held out his arms and hugged her.

"We're going to miss you," he whispered in her ear. His best friend couldn't think of anything to say.

"Uh... thanks," she muttered. Katherine cleared her throat.

"Okay," she said. "Let's all get back to the party, yes?" Duncan quickly let go of Rose.

"Shall we?" he asked. Rose finally gave him a little smile.

"Sure," she said. "We might as well." He took her by the hand and walked her over to the party. Rose let the chatter around her sink in. All of this is for me? I don't believe it.

"We made a cake for you," Noriko said.

"Cake?" Rose repeated. Garry and Tommy wheeled in a huge cake.

"Whoa!" the mother-to-be gasped.

"You like it?" Noriko asked. "My parents ordered it from that bakery we all wanted to go to."

"You're kidding," Rose said.

"No way!" Sakura added.

"Oh, you want all out for this, didn't you?" the guest of honor asked.

"Of course," Nessa said. "Less talking, more enjoying the party!" Rachel played the next song on the computer. Everyone descended into the party of punch, lime chicken wings, cake, and other food. Rose hung out near the window, watching everyone else. /These are my people and I'm about to leave them/, she thought. It felt rather surreal, almost like a dream. She looked down at her wrist, almost tempted to pinch it. They will go on without me tomorrow and I will struggling to start again in Chicago, the pregnant woman thought. It's all just...

"So this is where you disappeared to!" Duncan said aloud in her face. Rose leaned back with big eyes.

"Crap!" she yelped. "Don't do that!" He laughed as he messed with her hair.

"Sorry about that," he said. "But you just seem disconnected from everyone at the moment. This is your big day." He noticed the slightly aloof look on Rose's face. "Mind if I take a seat with ya?"

"Go ahead," his friend answered.

"Yay!" Duncan said. He took a seat and downed a sip of his cherry-berry punch before turning his attention to the guest of honor. "So when do you leave?" Duncan asked Rose.

"Tonight," she answered. Her friend gave off a low whistle.

"That soon?" he asked. His best pal nodded over her drink.

"That's right," she said.

"We're going to miss you here."

"Me too."

"Hey everybody!" Nessa shouted as she climbed onto a desk. "It's time to make a toast!" She held up her red plastic cup. "To Rose, Pete, and baby's new beginning!"

"Cheers!" the others shouted back. They raised their cups and took a drink. Rose took another look at her soon-to-be former co-workers. These were her people, her friends. She was about to leave them for a city unknown to her. But, somehow...

I'm actually okay with this, she thought. The woman happened to look up to see Nessa inches away from her face, grinning. Rose quickly stepped back before she calmed down.

"Yes, Nessa?" she asked.

"Promise we'll keep in touch via Skype?" the blonde gossip hound asked. Rose couldn't help but smile at her.

"Of course, you crazy girl!" she said. "What kind of friend would I be if we didn't?"

"Awesome!" Nessa said. The women shared another toast before finishing their drinks.

My Milkshake Brings All the Boys to the Yard
Sign up to rate and review this story