Categories > TV > Supernatural > Alternate Reality

The Rest of My Teenage Life

by FrankIsMySexGod 1 review

Jensen and Penina meet. How will everything be?

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-06-05 - 2620 words

0Unrated
It was a very long wait. It was well past school hours, only Cooper and Summer were with me, and I was getting more and more nervous the longer I waited. All the time in my head I was wondering if I was doing the right thing. Even though Jensen did seem to want me, I can't help but shake the feeling that he didn't want me in the first place. So I'm left to wonder what changed.

“It's alright. He's gonna be here and you two are gonna love each other the moment you see each other.” Summer reassured me.

“You don't know that. What if he's just coming to tell me to never bother him again? What if he's here to show me a restraining order?” I asked, starting to get really nervous.

“Then he's an idiot.” Cooper said. All of a sudden, we heard the school gates buzz. Summer pressed the button to open them. Because it was dark outside, I couldn't really see the car that much. All I knew is that it was smart, black, and it definitely had tinted windows. Cooper squeezed my shoulder for encouragement, but it just felt numb. Summer opened the front door to go and explain a few things to him before he came in.

“I feel like I'm gonna be sick.” I said, gasping for breath.

“It's alright. He's probably just as nervous as you are. Here.” He said, handing me a cup of water. I took some small, slow sips from it, and I started to calm down, but the butterflies were still there.

In a few, short seconds, Summer came in and just behind her was Jensen. I shakily stood up to look at him. Right now he didn't look at all like Dean. He had a very short beard which I assume is because he couldn't be bothered to shave for days. His face looked exhausted due to the massive day he had, but he looked like he was relieved. As though he won some sort of war. He was wearing blue jeans and a dark red t-shirt. He had a smile on his face which looked completely emotional when compared with his eyes.

“You're stunning.” He said. He came closer to me and gave me a massive hug. I hugged him back and breathed in his scent. He smelled like wood and it was comforting for some reason. I started crying on his shoulder, making him stroke the back of my head. “It's alright. I'm here now. I'm not gonna let you go, alright?” He whispered, trying to calm me down. After a while, we pulled apart and were escorted into a room for privacy.

“This is just really big.” I said referring to the situation. My eyes were still wet, but I wasn't crying anymore.

“I know. It's big for me too. You must have a lot of questions though and I'm going to answer as many as I can.” He said. I smiled nervously and sniffed.

“Well, I guess the most obvious one's the most important. Who's my mum?” I asked.

“Her name was Kelly Hunt. She had your hair but it was curly and she didn't have that orange streak through it.” He said tucking my hair behind my ear. I giggled and wiped my eye. A few stray tears were still falling. “She had hazel eyes, she was a few months younger than me. We went to the same school where we met. I did like her. I liked her a lot. Then for some reason she started getting angry with me and wouldn't speak to me for a few weeks. Then she told me she was pregnant, and I was begging for her to keep the baby, but she put her up for adoption. No matter how much I wanted to keep you I wasn't allowed. Anyway, she put you up for closed adoption, but your parents were nice enough to let me keep a picture of you. They were struggling with names, I suggested Penina because it meant a rare stone. You know, something like that. I thought you were really rare and it would be a 1 in a million to be able to find you again. They liked it, and now here you are.” He explained. I smiled.

“What happened to her?” I asked.

“Kelly? Well, I never really spoke to her that much after you were born. I just couldn't face it. I was actually gonna be a physical therapist, but after you were gone, I don't know. I wasn't really into it anymore. After a couple of years I thought that acting would be good, so that's what I did and I love it. Actually, while we were filming the second series of Supernatural I got a call from Kelly's mother. I didn't even know she had my number. We only ever spoke briefly. But she thought it'd be best that I knew...” He started, but began getting all choked up. He didn't have to say anything else. I already knew that she must've died.

“How?” I asked.

“Car accident. It was the blood loss mainly that did it.” He answered. I nodded my head.

“Um... do your family know about me?” I asked. He nodded his head and smiled.

“Yeah. All about you. Well, my wife knows all about you, I don't know if your sister understands really. She's only just turned 1.” He answered.

“I know. I know about Danneel and JJ. I watch the show. I'm a big fan.” I said before I began giggling. “Hozzie's gonna have a field day.” I stated.

“Who?” He asked.

“Oh. She's my friend. We met online actually. I got her into Supernatural. We met thanks to My Chemical Romance. I can't believe how long ago that was.” I said, smiling at the memories of those times. “Actually we've met Misha and Jared before either of us met you.” I said smiling.

“You did? Did you go to a convention?” He asked. I nodded my head.

“Yeah. It was so much fun, but all the walking around was annoying.” I answered.

“Well, I'm glad you like the show. Danneel's really excited about this. I know to you she may seem a bit over the top, but trust me she's just really happy. She's looking through her family's cake recipe’s and telling JJ about her big sister.” He said. I smiled.

“I like her. She's got a really cool speaking voice.” I said. He beamed at what I just said.

“Yeah, she does. I hope JJ inherits that, but right now it's all high-pitched and she giggles all the time. It's cute.” He said.

“She looks so beautiful in the pictures I’ve seen.” I said. He nodded his head.

“She is. So, who are those two teachers?” He asked.

“Well, Summer's basically everybody's personal therapist. I love her. She's like an older sister in a way. I can talk to her about literally anything and she doesn't judge you. She just helps you understand the situation a bit better, or completely agrees with you. Then Cooper's... cooper. I like him though. I wish we were allowed to be friends, but since he's a teacher and I'm a kid, that can't happen can it?” I asked rhetorically. “He's the one who managed to track you down though. He's clever in some senses. I told him about how I figured out you were my dad and he managed to find your number. I'm sorry about waking you up so early though.” I said. He smiled and shook his head.

“Forget about it. It was a simple mistake, with a very amazing reward. How did you figure out it was me anyway?” He asked.

“Oh, I was watching a video of you guys behind the scenes and I found this,” I said, handing him the picture. “It was for a stupid essay we could've done. But I wasn't bothered to do it really. I thought that it'd be good for me, so when I started looking at pictures for inspiration I got bored and then I saw the video and saw this picture.” I answered. He stroked the frame and smiled.

“This is without a doubt one of the most amazing pictures I've ever seen.” He said, smiling. “So, do you want me to talk to your mother for you? Tell her about how you found me?” He asked. I shrugged.

“I don't know if it'd be much help. She said that if I wanted to even attempt to find you she wouldn't want me anymore. So I've effectively ruined that relationship. Not that there was much there anyway.” I said. His eyes widened in anger.

“She did /what?/” He asked.

“It's fine. We were never too close anyway. Plus, Summer told me that she'll find some people I can stay with...” I began, but he cut me off.

“No way. No. You're gonna come with me. If you want to that is. I promise I'll get as many lawyers as I can to fight for you. I want you to be as happy as you can.” He said. I smiled but politely shook my head.

“I'd love nothing more. But my entire life is here. My friends, my school, I don't know where I'd be without Summer or Cooper. Don't get me wrong, if there was some way I could live in America with you guys and still go to school here I would, but there's just no way.” I said. He looked slightly heart-broken.

“There are school's like this in California. What's your favourite subject?” He asked.

“Drama. Why?” He asked.

“Well, we can get you to a school that's like this but has drama specialization.” He suggested.

“Even if I could, I'd still miss my friends. Not to mention Summer and Cooper. Besides, Hozzie will be so pissed that I didn't take her with me.” I said, trying to make light of the situation. Suddenly his eyes brightened up with an idea.

“I'll be right back okay?” He said. I nodded my head. I got out my phone and went on Facebook. Hozzie had already sent me a couple of things telling me about her day and her friends. I sighed and decided to tell her the truth. She'll probably think I'm making a sick joke, but I had to let her know.

Hey Hozzie. Sorry I haven't spoken since yesterday. A lot has happened. I met my father. - Penina

In a few seconds I got a reply back.

Holy shit! Who is he? Do you like him? Tell me everything! - Hozzie I smiled at her comment. She would definitely not believe me now, so I decided to tell as little about his identity as I could.

Well it started yesterday when I figured out who he was. I love him so far. He's fantastic. He has a wife and a one year old daughter. He's from America and he's an actor. He never even wanted to give me up, Hozzie! He never wanted me to go. My mum's dead sadly. She was in a car accident a few years ago. But now my mum knows that I found him and doesn't really like that. She's practically kicked me out. - Penina

What the hell? Oh my god! I'm glad you like him though. What's his name? - Hozzie

You're never going to believe me, but honest to gods truth, Dean Winchester is my dad. Jensen Ackles is my father. He's here right now. Danneel is pretty happy about it too to be honest. Listen, you can't tell anyone. I'm not sure if he wants anyone to know right now, which I understand. - Penina

I'm sure Hozzie had replied, but I didn't get to find out what she said as Jensen walked into the room with Summer and Cooper. They sat down at the table with me.

“Alright, Penina, I know this is an extremely weird time for you, but Jensen has suggested something which we're willing to get on board with.” Summer said.

“How about I go to America with you? Well, not with you with you. You get a couple of weeks to settle in with Jensen and the rest of the family, then I go and get a flat out there and become your tutor? For drama Jensen will take you on set with him and you get all the experience there, and during the holidays and whenever it's available, we get to come back here and see everyone? Summer and you can do video chat for your sessions and stuff.” Cooper suggested. I smiled and nodded my head.

“That sounds amazing!” I exclaimed. Jensen smiled and then went around the table to give me a hug.

“Alright, tomorrow I have to hand in my resignation.” Cooper said. I looked at him in confusion.

“Wait, you're actually leaving England for this?” I asked. He nodded his head.

“Yeah. Honestly it's perfect timing, the pay and location is way better, and I don't have some of these people giving me headaches.” He answered. We all had a bit of a chat, and then I decided to leave the room to call my mum. After one ring she picked up.

”Penina, where are you?” She asked. I sighed.

“I'm still at school. I just wanted to let you know that I've met my dad. I really like him, mum.” I said. A few tears were threatening to leave from my eyes in a sobbing spillage.

”Oh, Penina. Were you not happy enough with me?” She asked. I just rolled my eyes.

“Obviously not, mum. I don't want to lose you though.” I said.

”Penina, I can't handle having you with him. I'm sorry. It's either him or me.” She seethed through the phone.

“Well then I guess this is goodbye.” I said, tears rolling down my cheeks. I heard her crying too.

“I guess it is. I'll send you your things. Just text me the address.” She said before hanging up on me. I can't believe she actually doesn't want me anymore. I guess all the times she told me I was her favourite girl in the world she was just lying. I decided to check my phone one more time to see what Hozzie had said.

Holy shit tits! What the hell? There's no bloody way! - Hozzie

Yet it is. I'm gonna go live with him. But I promise we'll see you before we go. Cooper's also coming to be my tutor. - Penina

Well, if it helps I'm gonna be at work tomorrow, so be there or I'll know you're lying. ;) - Hozzie

I smiled at how obvious it was that she didn't believe me. But I can't wait to see her face tomorrow. I'm going to make sure we go there. Honestly what I'm feeling right now is really weird. If somebody told me a couple of days ago that I would meet my dad, Jensen Ackles, I would probably be acting like her, only slightly more angry at how insensitive they were being. But here I am. I let out a deep sigh before going back into the room.

Jensen offered to take me out for dinner and then get me some things as I can't go back to my house now. It doesn't seem so bad right now. I can't imagine it going any better. I can't wait to see Hozzie tomorrow, that's for damn sure. I'm going to make sure this will be her favourite job ever. I know for sure this is going to be my favourite family ever.

I hope you like it! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story