Categories > Books > Harry Potter > My Wife is Who?

If You're Finished Daydreaming Then Help Me

by tetrisman 0 reviews

The third heroine?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry - Published: 2014-06-07 - 2451 words

0Unrated
My Wife is -

o0oOo0o

Chapter Three: If You're Finished Daydreaming Then Help Me

o0oOo0o

I walked toward Hagrid's cabin with a spring on my steps. Yesterdays dream—I mean vision—was on my mind.

If it was true I could now die a happy man.

But after some thinking I conclude that I can't die yet since I still haven't married Cho.

With these thoughts in my mind and a spring on my steps, it didn't take long for me to reach the rest of the Gryffindors which were travelling down the slopping lawn towards Hagrid's small wooden cabin, which stood on the edge of the forbidden forest.

I saw Hagrid standing outside his hut, one hand on the collar of his enormous boarhound, Fang. There were several open wooden crates on the ground at his feet, and Fang was whimpering and straining at his collar, apparently keen to investigate the contents more closely.

As we drew nearer, an odd rattling noise reached their ears, punctuated by what sounded like a minor explosion. I shuddered at this. I wondered what type of dangerous creature Hagrid had stored for us.

It made me want to curse Malfoy again. Ever since Malfoy's 'accident' last year, Hagrid teaching had gone for worse. He had started very well with the Hippogriffs but after the Buckbeak incident, Hagrid's creature became more and more bizarre as the time goes on.

"Mornin," Hagrid greeted as he saw Ron, Hermione, and I approaching, "Be'er wait fer the Slytherins, they won' want ter miss—Blast-Ended Skrewts!"

"Come again?" asked Ron.

Hagrid pointed down into the crates.

"Eurgh!" squealed Lavender, jumping backwards after she peeked at the crates.

"Eurgh" just about summed up the blast ended skrewts in my opinion. They looked like deformed, shell less lobsters, horribly pale and slimy-looking, with legs sticking out in very odd places and no visible heads. There were about a hundred of them in each crate, each about six inches long, crawling over one another, bumping blindly into the sides of the boxes. They were giving off a very powerful smell of rotting fish. Every now and then, sparks would fly out of the end of a skrewt, and with a small /phut/, it would propelled forward several inches.

"On'y jus' hatched," Hagrid said proudly, "so yeh'll be able ter raise them yerselves! Thought we'd make a bit of a project of it!"

"And why would we want to raise them," said a cold voice.

The Slytherins had arrived. The speaker was Draco Malfoy. Crabbe and Goyle were chuckling appreciatively at his words which made me cringe. They were the proof that inbreeding was bad. Just looked at them, I hadn't meet anyone more dumb than them. Even if Draco insults their mothers as a two-knut whore, they would surely laugh thinking it was a joke.

Well, but my eyes wasn't on any of them, my eyes was busy marveling the beauty of this goddess on human flesh, this Daphne Greengrass. She expels the aura of pureblood beauty and aristocratic grace. I could say that she was the prettiest girl in our year.

If I wasn't married to Cho Chang (in the future), I would surely make a move on her. Well, maybe if I managed to talk to her. She has this aura of being unapproachable and unattainable being the Ice queen of Slytherin.

She caught me staring at her and she smirked. I instantly went red on the face and looked away.

"Tha's the next lesson, Malfoy. Yer' jus' feedin' 'em today. Now, yeh'll wan' ter try 'em on a few diff'rent things – I've never had 'em before, not sure what they'll go fer – I got ant eggs an' frog livers an' a bit o' grass snake – just try 'em out with a bit o' each. Now go par'ner yer'selves Gryff'ndors ter Slytherin's, Dumbledore's orders."

I stood there with my mouth open as I process the last sentence.

Partner, Gryffindor, Slytherins.

What the fuck?

There was trouble written all over it.

It was like an explosion waiting to happen.

It was like a ticking bomb.

Then I my mind went to the words, Dumbledore's orders. The fuck…

So he wanted to lessen the rivalries between houses with this. Too late if you ask me.

I wondered why Dumbledore suddenly want this, and then I remembered the Tri-wizard tournament that was supposed to happen this year. I drew my conclusion. So Dumbledore wanted to display the imaged that Hogwarts' Houses are buddy-buddies to encourage more students to enter Hogwarts coming from foreign countries.

Well, I can understand what he wanted to portray.

The fuck I can!

If this was his idea of lessening the rivalries between the Houses by partnering them in every activity, just imagine what will happen to our Potions with Slytherins.

Arghh!

I don't want to think about it. Thinking about it make my heads hurt.

"Potter," a cold voice said that managed to get me out of my thoughts.

I looked at the speaker and felt my mouth slightly water. I was staring at the shiniest blue eyes that I have ever seen.

You know, maybe this partnering thing wasn't so bad at all.

During the time my mind wonders in this little scheme of Dumbledore, I managed to pair up with the Ice Queen of Slytherin, Daphne Greengrass.

I didn't know how that happens but I was thankful nonetheless.

I didn't know if some higher being was conspiring against me or something like that because ever since the school year I luck was raining to my normally unlucky self.

"Potter," she repeated in her cold voice, "if you're finished daydreaming then help me feed this creatures."

"Yes, your highness," I answered at her ordering tone of voice.

"Did you say something?" she said accompanying it with a glare.

"Nothing," I hastily answered.

o0oOo0o

Whew…

I sighed. I honestly thought that I will manage to get close with Daphne, but luck wasn't on my side today.

You asked why I wanted to get close to her.

Well other than the fact the she was a beauty—well the most beautiful girl next to Cho Chang in my opinion—and the fact that it was thrilling to crack her shell, I had this gut feeling that befriending her was a good thing to do.

You asked why I wanted to follow this gut feeling.

Well, if not for me following my gut feeling, I wouldn't be able to narrate this story anymore.

With all my cunningness and cleverness—being able to deceive the school that I was a true blooded Gryffindor with average grades—I couldn't defeat QuirrelMort in a duel in my first year. I had this gut feeling to strangle QuirrelMort in the face which I did which causes QuirrelMort to burn. And on my second year when I was fighting Slytherin's sixty feet basilisk, I had this gut feeling to 'enter' its mouth and stab it there. On my third year, I allowed the notorious Sirius Black to start his explanation which my gut feeling told me to.

All in all, my gut feeling saved me several times and leaded me to the best decision. I had long since decided that I will always follow what my gut feeling told me.

And now my gut feeling was telling me to befriend her.

Sadly that day was not today.

Oh well beggars can't be choosers. At least I was paired up with a decent Slytherin, even if the only thing she had done was ignoring me for the last hour.

At least I wasn't partnered with Malfoy, I'm sure I wouldn't be able to keep my temper in check.

Looking at Malfoy and Ron, I can't help but laugh at the faces that they keep making with each other. It was just funny. It was just the same with Hermione with Pansy, well Hermione was busy doing her work while Pansy was glaring at her as if being in her mere presence was disgusting itself.

I looked at the other Gryffindor-Slytherin partner and cringed as I see Parvati and Lavender with their respective partner, Tracy Davis—one of Daphne's friends—and someone named Moon if I remembered right talking about boys, shopping, boys, clothes, shopping, clothes, boys and shopping,

Neville was having a good time tending to his Blast-Ended Skrewts as his partner Zabini was leaving him alone.

That leaves Seamus and Dean with Crabbe and Goyle. I was surprised they were having a good time talking about something I can't hear since they were in the other side of the group.

The class soon ended and I was waiting for Draco to make a fool out of himself.

You see every time we meet Draco, he will always do something to insult us but only to be rebuff by either Hermione or I.

Just as expected, Draco offered his insult just as the class ended and Hagrid went off arranging the crates that hold the Blast-ended Skrewts.

"Well, I can certainly see why we're trying to keep them alive," said Malfoy sarcastically, "who wouldn't want pets that can burn, sting and bite all at once?"

"Just because they're not pretty, it doesn't mean they're not useful," I watched amused as Hermione snapped, "Dragon blood's amazingly magical, but you wouldn't want a dragon for a pet would you?"

And with that were off, not even waiting for Draco to make his reply.

"Well at least the skrewts are small," said Ron as we made our way to the Great Hall.

"They are now," said Hermione in a frustrated voice, "but once Hagrid found out what they ear, I expect them to be six feet long."

"Well that won't matter if they turned to cure seasickness or something," Ron said grinning at her.

"You know perfectly well that Hermione said that to shut Malfoy up," I said helping Hermione with the argument, "I recall reading them in the library I think they were useless as they can get."

We sat at the Gryffindor table and help ourselves with to lamb chops and potatoes.

I watched amazed as Hermione began to eat so fast that I expect her to puke any minute now.

"Er—Is the new stand on elf rights?" said Ron. "You're going to make yourself puke instead?"

"No," Hermione said, with as much as dignity she could muster with her mouth bulging with sprouts, "I just want to get to the library."

"What," Ron yelled aghast. "Hermione—it's the first day back we haven't even got homework yet!"

I watched as Hermione shrug and continue eating before she depart with a "See you at dinner."

I hoped that Hermione wouldn't do something reckless with her new stand for the elves. Well maybe I was worrying for nothing since out of Hermione Ron and me, she was supposed to be the smart one.

After a few minutes of talking with Ron and the Weasly twins about the upcoming Tri-wizard tournament, the bell that signals the next class rings.

Ron and I set off to the North Tower where, at the top of a tightly spiraling staircase, a silver step ladder led to a circular trapdoor in the ceiling, and the room where Professor Trelawney lived.

As one by one the Gryffindors entered the trap, I wonder whether should I consult Professor Trelawney about the 'prophetic vision' I was experiencing since the start of the term or not. But I soon choose for a latter since like Hermione, I think of Professor Trelawney was a fraud.

The familiar sweet perfume spreading trough the fire met our nostrils as we emerged at the top of the stepladder. As ever, the curtain were all closed; the circular room was bathed in a dim reddish, light cast from many lamps, which were draped with scarves and shawls.

Ron and I walked through the mass of occupied chintz chairs and poufs that cluttered the room, and sat down at the same circular table.

"Good day," said the misty voice of Professor Trelawney right behind me, making me jump out of my skin.

Professor Trelawney was peering at me with the tragic expression she always wore whenever she saw me but right now there was a hint of something I can't identify.

"You are preoccupied my dear," she said mournfully. "My inner eye sees past your brave face to the troubled soul within. I am happy to say that the thing you most wanted will come or more. But first you have to come the difficult times ahead of you, alas… most difficult… I fear the thing you dread will come to pass … and perhaps sooner than you think…" Her voice almost dropped to a whisper.

Professor Trelawney swept past us, and seated herself in a large wing armchair before the fir, facing the class.

"My dears, it is time for us to consider the stars," she said. "The movement of the planets and the mysterious portents they reveal only to those who understand the steps of the celestial dance. Human destiny may be deciphered by the planetary rays, which may intermingle…"

I was listening to her but my thoughts quickly drifted. The perfume fire always make me feel sleepy and dull witted, and Professor Trelawney's rambling talks on fortune telling never held me spell-bound - thought I was thinking about what she had just said to me.

"'I fear the thing you dread will come to pass…'"

Bah…

I quickly discarded it, she always talks about my demise and something along those lines. It wasn't exactly new.

But something about what she said caught my attention, she rarely says about good things about me. Thinking about it made me realized that this was the first time she says something like that.

"'I am happy to say that the thing you most wanted will come or more.'"

Well right now there were three things I had always wanted, it was Cho, a family, and the people who want me dead to vanish.

Thinking about it led my thoughts to Cho Chang and the vision from the future I had.

I wonder what part of me could Cho Chang love so much that she decided to marry me…?

Damn… the perfume fire really makes me sleepy.

TIME SLIP ACTIVATED

!

I found myself in a bed.

Could it be…?

I looked at my surrounding and notice the similarity of this room to the room I had seen in my first 'vision'.

Could it be…?

Don't tell me…?

I pinch my cheek.

"It really hurts," I said, "which means…."

"I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack," I yelled. "Time Slip Activated!"
Sign up to rate and review this story