Categories > Books > Harry Potter > My Wife is Who?

Boys Sure Are Dense

by tetrisman 0 reviews

Hermione teases Harry about the kiss

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Cho,Harry,Hermione - Published: 2014-06-07 - 2216 words

0Unrated
My Wife is -

o0oOo0o

Chapter Six: Boys Sure Are Dense

o0oOo0o

Dear Harry,

Remember what I had said about not all my family was that bad. Well I managed to have my reunion with them. Fortunately, they didn't raise much fuse when I appear in front of them.

I'm would have flew north immediately if not for my cousin. She prevented me from going there, but instead I got her daughter to go there in my place. This news about your scar is the latest in a series of strange rumors that have reached me here. If it hurts again, go straight to Dumbledore - they're saying he's got Mad-Eye out of retirement, which means he's reading the signs, even if no one else is.

My best to Ron and Hermione. Keep your eyes open, Harry.

Sirius

PS. My niece's name was Nymphadora Tonks. You can easily spot her in a crowd because of her pink hair.

PPS. A word of warning, if you met my niece, I insist that you call her by her first name. She hates it when you call her by her last name.

As I reread the letter I can help but feel relieve. The only reason that I had owled Sirius, my godfather, updating him about my scar-(remember when I met Cho in chapter one. That's the time that I sent my letter to Sirius containing updates in my curse scar)-was because I had made a grave mistake alerting him of my hurting scar this summer. In hopes of updating him that my scar didn't seem to hurt anymore, I had hoped that he wouldn't do something harsh like traveling toward here.

But it seems like some rumor had reached him, maybe it was the reinstatement of Triwizard tournament.

It was just lucky that his cousin had persuaded him otherwise. I wondered how fearsome the woman was to keep my Godfather, who was known to be headstrong and stubborn, in line.

I think I would enjoy meeting her.

After reading the letter to make sure that I didn't miss a thing, I decide to write my reply so Hedwig can send it in the morning.

Dear Sirius,

I'm happy that you had managed to reconnect with your family. I can't wait to meet them especially your cousin who persuade—threathen?—you not to go here.

If the rumors you heard were about reinstating the Triwizard Tournament that I'm afraid it was spot on. They had cancelled Quidditch to make way for the tournament. But you didn't to worry as only wizards above seventeen years old was allowed to enter. Need to remind you that I'm only fourteen. Also, I have no intention of joining.

Be safe Sirius

Harry

PS. My scar hadn't hurt since summer anymore. So don't worry.

PPS. Can you recommend some books for becoming Animagus?

I set down the quill and decided to reread my letter to scan if I missed something or I had something to add. After reading t he letter for the second time, I had decided that I didn't have to write anymore so I rolled the piece of parchment, opening the drawer and putting it in.

I casted a locking charm and anti-theft charm just to be safe.

Removing my glasses, I lay on my bed in hopes that sleep would claim me before my thoughts go deep on how embarrassed I was after kissing Cho.

o0oOo0o

Blazing sky,

Clear sky,

White clouds with silver lining,

And a magical castle far in the north!

Can't study magic other that in a magical castle…

Yes, a magical castle…

I'm lucky to be here, really lucky,

Truly lucky…

Everything was perfect,

Truly perfect…

Except that I kissed Cho Chang yesterday…

Isn't that a good thing? You ask.

Of course it's a good thing. There's no doubt about it…

It was heavenly…

It was one of the best things that happened in my life.

Unfortunately, every best thing that happened in my life has something like...

Like stipulation…

And that stipulation was always not a good thing…

Something always goes wrong…

Just like on my eleventh birth, I was really happy when I learned that I am a wizard and I could do magic until…

Until I learned that I was a fucking celebrity…

It was too much for my mind to handle. Receiving attention of many people at once when at home my family was doing their best to pretend that I didn't even exist was too much.

It was a wonder that I didn't hyperventilate that time.

Then there was last year, when I learned that I would finally have a family that would love me and finally I would be leaving 'that' house, just to be blown over by fucking Snape.

Damn, I hate my life.

And now it was like Chamber fiasco all over again, but this time (I think that) it was all on my head.

At the end of the Gryffindor table a group of girls giggled and my body instantly tensed up.

I cringed.

Even though I know that there was a high chance that they weren't talking about me, I still think they were talking about me.

Does that make any sense?

Yeah, right that doesn't make any sense at all.

Was I self-conscious right now? Because I feel that everyone was staring at me, giggling as they recalled what had transpired yesterday.

Aarrg, I wish Ron would finish eating his fucking food so we could now get out of here. It wasn't that Ron was eating was slow. In fact it was the exact opposite. He was eating so fast in an attempt to eat all the food in the table.

After a few minutes, I had enough as I notice that Ron that had no intention of stopping. I excused myself after uttering a lame excuse.

It worked flawlessly with Ron but not can be said with Hermione as she followed me to go to Gryffindor tower to get our things for our first class, Potions.

"So… how was it?" Hermione asked as soon as we were out of the Great Hall with that smile on her face. That smile that made me cringed. If I were to describe it I would say that the smile was like a predator was hunting for her prey.

"How was what?" I asked playing oblivious. I didn't have time for this right now.

"Oh you know…" Hermione paused, no doubt waiting for me to fill in. Sadly for her I don't want to talk about that. Hermione prove that she was just stubborn as she continued, "Oh you know your kiss with Cho yesterday. It was talk of the whole school."

Hah! I was right! She just wanted to-gossip-talk about my kiss with Cho yesterday. It was even the talk of the whole school. Girls will always be girls, I guess.

Wai…. Wha… wai… wait… wut... what did she say?!

"It is the talk of the whole school?" I asked feeling more embarrassed by the minute, "Don't they have something better to do, like studying for exams or something. Or better yet, minding their own business."

"Hn, hn," Hermione shook her head with a smile as if she knew something I did not, "You can't blame them, you know. You're the boy-who-lived and you just kissed Chang right in front of most of the student body. You sure had guts, Harry."

"It was an accident," I said to preserve my dignity even if I don't know what dignity I was trying to preserve.

"There was no doubt that it was an accident. But accident or not, it was still a kiss," Hermione continued the conversation no doubt in an attempt to tease me more.

"Fine," I said as my mood turn sour after learning that my private life was getting smaller as I mutter under my breath, "I swear I'll beat up whoever it is that pushed me."

In truth, I was of two minds for the matter. I didn't know if I should beat the culprit up or thank him for that wonderful experience. But because of my guilt (I just defiled my Angel's holy lips because there was a process in a proper kiss for my beloved Cho in my mind, like a romantic date or when the mood was at its peek) I just said that I would just beat him up.

"Well," my bushy haired friend stated, "I think you should thank him."

"Why's that?" I asked. Maybe Hermione would offer some insight in my conflicting feelings. After all, Hermione was the smart one in our group.

"For presenting that good opportunity, of course!" Hermione said in an enthusiastic voice, "For being a Gryffindor, you sure do lack courage concerning girls."

"I'm not shy!" I yelled word for word as I tried to defend my 'manliness'.

"Of course you are," Hermione said in a tone that I classified as 'How dare you argue with me? It's pointless. I'm always right'. "You have a crush on Chang since the Christmas right but you have you only manage to talk to her after the semester ends and it's just because the opportunity presents itself when she had mistaken her compartment in the train with ours."

"Yes and for your information, I did manage to talk to her without any problems," I said trying to win our argument with this weak statement.

"You're right but—," Hermione started but paused as if she saw something up ahead (really she should take acting lessons), "—oh, speak of the devil. Here she comes."

Did I hear it right?

Sorry for repeating but did I hear it right?

Sorry for this about this outburst but…

Yatta!

I just win an argument with Hermione. She just attempted to change the conversation since she knows that she had no chance of winning. And what a lame excuse she said. Even if I do have a crush on Cho, I don't seek her out always, especially right now when Hermione was using her, so that, hopefully, I would forget about our conversation.

Suck for her.

There was no way that Cho was approaching us. Right?

It was like saying that you had seen a bird flies while inside a closed off room.

Hermione should have done better.

Basking at my victory, I dismissed Hermione's words before I turned my gaze away from my friend and looked ahead.

Uh!



Uh!





The fuck!

Hermione said the truth!

My The bestest, most loveliest bride in the whole wide world was there just a meters ahead of us. Fortunately, she didn't seem to notice me—I mean us—yet because her eyes were on her lackey—I mean friend—as they talk about something.

Whattodo? Whattodo? Whattodo? Whattodo? Whattodo?

Arrgh! What do I need to do?

My beloved Cho Chang was just right in front of me and my heart was still not ready.

I'm still embarrassed at what I had just done yesterday.

Even though the kiss yesterday was a flag in our relationship (she said Ten years in the future in my time-slip that that was the time when she start to like me after all, so I'm sure that I raised a major flag), I still didn't know how to face her.

The decision was taken off my hands as in that moment our eyes met.

Damn, you can easily be lost in those pools.

I tried to smile, but it came out as a frown as my lovely Cho avert her eyes and looked down. She retains her posture even as she and her friend passed Hermione and me.

"Merlin," I muttered, sadness dripping in my tone. "She hates me."

She hates me! She hates me!

She haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaates me!

I want to cryyyyyyy!

Oh God Almighty! Please give me a sign! Please tell me what to do!

Wai-wai-wai-wai-wai-wait….

Let's think about it more carefully.

Base on my dream time slip, Cho should like me since that what she says ten years from now. Right? I did the right thing yesterday since I raised a flag right when I accidentally kissed her.

So my beloved Cho Chang likes me right. That was the reason for her action just a moment ago.

Should I go and talk to her right now?

Bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-but…

There was a thin line between hate and like. I'm sure of it. I read it somewhere.

She said in the future that she starts to like me when I first kissed her but what if… what if she was confused of her feelings right now. Maybe she had mistaken her like for me and hate was the feeling she was feeling right now.

So if I talk to her right now, maybe she would see it as if I was bothering her, intensifying her hate for me.

Maybe I should apologize first.

God, this is so confusing.

I was so lost in planning what I need to do to capture my beloved heart that I dismissed Hermione from my mind right now. I was so lost in my own world.

So it came as to no surprise as Hermione's action just passed through my head when she giggled and said, "Boys sure are dense."
Sign up to rate and review this story