Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines

“Are you bloody stupid?” Penina asked “Do you not remember how that worked out last time?”

They had checked into a family motel room and were getting prepared to go out on the hunt. Well, Sam and Dean were. They’d just told Hozzie and Penina that they thought it would be safer for them to stay in the motel “That was because Azazel was in the same town and he was prepared when we weren’t.” Dean said.

“That’s bullshit and you know it.” Penina said.

“You can’t leave us here alone again, something will happen to us.” Hozzie said.

“No it won’t.” Sam said optimistically “You were okay last time-”

“We watched someone get murdered and then we were kidnapped.” Penina said “I wouldn’t quite say we were okay last time.”

“What he meant was that you didn’t get murdered.” Dean said.

“But we will end up dead this time if you leave us alone. Think about that blonde demon that was staring at us.” Hozzie said “You can’t leave us alone with her out there.”

“We don’t even know-”

“Exactly, we don’t know what she’s planning on doing!” Penina cried.

“Look, guys, you’re staying here. Okay?” Dean said “We can’t risk you guys going out there-”

“But you could risk taking us to face Azazel?” Hozzie asked “I really don’t understand your logic guys.”

“You have our numbers on speed dial, we’ve chosen a motel near the hunt, we can get back here within minutes-”

“Brilliant, we’re going to be right near a hunt. All kinds of Supernatural creatures could just show up here.” Penina groaned.

“You’ll be fine, don’t worry about it.” Sam said “We’ll be back in a couple of hours whether we’ve found anything or not to make sure you’re definitely okay.”

“That’s comforting.” Penina said sarcastically but the brother still said goodbye to them and then left “They need to stop ditching us at every opportunity they get.”

“Yeah,” Hozzie said angrily “They always act like we’re such nuisances. They said they were gonna teach us how to hunt but they haven’t bothered. I get that we were distracted by the whole Azazel taking Sam thing halfway there but why couldn’t this just be our first hunt? There are five other hunters to watch our backs.”

“Well, three. I guess Isaac and Tamara kind of hate us and don’t really care what happens to us.” Penina sighed and lay back on the bed.

“Penina, we can’t stay here. We’re going to die.” Hozzie said, lying back on the bed next to Penina’s “That blonde demon will come here and murder us both.”

“So what are you suggesting we do?”

“I don’t know. You’re the one who normally thinks of the plans.”

“You told me to stop thinking of plans.”

“Well I’ve changed my mind! Now I’m telling you to think of a plan.” Hozzie said “But if we get into trouble for it then I’m totally blaming you.”

“You always do.” Penina grinned “And I’m past caring about getting into trouble. Sam and Dean have technically just put our lives in danger. We just want to make the situation safer.”

“Okay, good, I’m glad you’re heading towards a situation that doesn’t put us in more danger.”

“Well, I suppose we could to teach Sam and Dean a lesson...”

“No.”

“Okay, safer option it is then.” Penina said, closing her eyes to think about it “We go to an all night diner or something. There will be other people there to look out for us and hopefully the blonde demon will stay away. We’ll take the holy water Sam and Dean gave us.”

“What do we do when Sam and Dean come to check on us in a couple of hours?”

“We’ll leave them a note and when they try to phone us, we’ll answer the phones but we won’t tell them where we are.” Penina said, routing around the room for a piece of paper and a pen “We’ll tell them we’ll come back to the motel room once the hunt’s over.”

“We’re staying in a diner until the entire hunts over?” Hozzie asked “What if it takes over a week?”

“We can come back here to sleep during the day; it won’t be as scary then.” Penina said decisively “Let’s get going then. I’ve got money.”

“Where from?” Hozzie asked suspiciously.

“Sam and Dean gave us loads of money last time; the takeout we ordered didn’t even take half of the money. We’ve got enough money here for five meals each. I don’t know about you but I’m starving.”

“Yeah me too.” Hozzie said nervously.

They left the motel together, making sure they definitely had the key, and started walking into town “Do you think we’ll see Dad again?” Hozzie asked.

“He said he’d come and see us whenever he wasn’t busy.” Penina said “I don’t know. He always came here before but that was when we didn’t have anyone to look after us.”

“Sam and Dean are awesome but they don’t take much care of us either.” Hozzie said sadly “We need to convince them to let us go on a hunt with them.”

“Doubt that’ll happen anytime soon but whatever.” Penina said, pushing open the door of an all night diner and taking a seat in a booth away from the window.

Hozzie sat down opposite them and they both took out a menu “Won’t the people who work here think it’s a bit suspicious that two teenage girls are sitting here all night by themselves?” Hozzie asked quietly “They might phone social services or something.”

“And tell them what?” Penina asked “We’re not exactly doing anything wrong.”

“But what should we say if they ask?”

“I wouldn’t worry about that.” A voice next to them said.

They both turned to see who it was and found the blonde demon standing next to their booth “Oh shit.” Hozzie whispered.

“Relax; I’m not here to hurt you or anything.” She said, grabbing a chair and pulling it up beside them “I’m here because I heard about the deal your brother was making.”

“And that’s any of your business, because?” Penina snapped.

“Because I think I know a way to get him out of it.” She said.

Hozzie and Penina glanced at each other “Who even are you?” Penina asked.

“How rude of me. My name’s Ruby.” She said.

“Hello ladies, what can I get you?” A waiter asked, standing beside the table.

“I don’t know about you two but I would love some fries.” Ruby said happily.

The two girls quickly looked down at the menu and ordered something before turning back to Ruby “How can you get our brother out of the deal then?” Penina asked.

“I can’t get him out of it personally. But I know someone who can.” Ruby said “That’s all I can say though. For now. Hey, can I get those fries to go please?”

“Sure thing Love.”

“Thanks.” Ruby turned back to the girls “Just listen to me. After you’ve had dinner, head back to the motel and stay there. I promise nothing will get inside. I’ll meet up with your brothers at some point and tell them about how to break out of the deal.”

“Then why have you been stalking us everywhere if you wanted to talk to them?” Penina asked.

“They’re not going to trust me. I’m a demon. I’m the last person they’ll trust.” Ruby said “But if you two tell them that you think I’m trustworthy, they might just listen to you.”

“But we don’t know if we can trust you.” Penina said.

“Besides, we’re the last people they’re going to listen to.” Hozzie said.

“I wouldn’t be so sure of that.” Ruby said “You’re their little sisters; they’d do anything for you so long as they weren’t putting your lives in danger. And you wouldn’t be, because I truly want to help Dean.” The waiter brought her fries over and she smiled at him “I’ll see you girls around. I’ll talk to you again before talking to Sam and Dean.” She winked at them and then walked out the diner.
Sign up to rate and review this story