Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Unfinished Tales

To The Stars

by sharkbait 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Published: 2014-06-11 - 772 words

0Unrated
Overview
Fic is a Mobile Suit Gundam/Harry Potter crossover. Occurs during HP series with series timeline moved forward into Universal Century. The fic is focused around the beginning of the One Year War and the stress and trials of Harry and the muggleborn who flee to colonies to escape both Death Eater's and the greater War.

Timeline
Beginning of OYW is January during Goblet of Fire. Plot divergence begins at end of Prisoner of Azkhaban when Harry leaves platform. Stays partially canon in plot until end of first arc. Harry does go to World Cup with the Weasleys but events happen rather differently. Attends Hogwarts primarily to help with plan to evacuate willing and trustworthy muggleborn to neutral Side 6 if the dreaded war erupts. First Arc ends with evacuation to colonies. Then divergence becomes total as the focus of the fic moves onto the muggleborn learning how to deal with life in space, worries about the war, and mixing magic with technology.

Option 1
Background Info
1.The blood-purist families like the Malfoy in Britain rose from wizarding families in the French nobility fleeing the Revolution. They set the tone for how wizards interacted with and percieved the mundane world.
2.The Potters while old and respected were not a noble but a merchant family. Their wealth has always been rooted in the mundane world and only a portion brought over into the wizarding world. Similarly they have nearly always married muggleborn as a way of helping keep in touch with their roots.
3.The Underhill family were valued subordinates and managers for several generations though unaware of the magical world. When the daughter of Charlus's contemporary Sarah proved to be a muggleborn they were brought fully into the secret. During the tension leading to the First Blood War most of their assets were shifted to space-based ones for safety as wizarding society was largely constrained to the Old World.
4.Sarah Underhill (whom Sirius was smitten with) was raped by a Hogwarts student and when Snape discovered and leaked that she'd had an abortion she was effectively hounded from the school and wizarding society(thus his plan for Snape's death by werewolf). She moved to the colonies with her family who had taken over administration of the Potter's space-based assets.
5.The Underhills were aware of the Potters activities against Voldemort and alerted when the Potters went into hiding. Sirius was supposed to bring him to the Underhills and presumably take chance to be close to Sarah as well. Instead he took off after Pettigrew thinking he could pick up Harry after dealing with the traitor until everything went to hell. Dumbledore's actions to hide him from Death Eaters also prevented the Underhills from finding him as well.

Plot
1.It's only during Year 3 that they finally manage to indirectly locating him via press coverage of the Sirius Black matter and the obliviator report on Aunt Marge. Petunia is dealt with to break the spell preventing them from finding Harry. Sarah and at least two others pick him up under cover as the Dursleys then take him to a secure location where things are revealed to him.

Option 2
Background Info
1.The blood-purist families like the Malfoy in Britain rose from wizarding families in the French nobility fleeing the Revolution. They set the tone for how wizards interacted with and percieved the mundane world.
2.The Potters while old and respected were not an especially wealthy family. More like upper middle class with a good reputation in the community except to blood purists. Typically marrying muggleborn and espousing tolerance and co-operation.
3.The Evans family on the other hand is money, lots of money. A lucky break in turning out drilling equipment well-suited to asteroid mining paid off when the colonization boom started. Their wealth primarily shifted into space well before Lily's parents were born though they still lived earthside.
4.Lily while younger was the favored child because unlike her sister she showed intelligence, drive, and ambition. Things Petunia just never had along with a personality unfit to take over handling the family assets. That Lily turned out to have an incredibly rare and immeasurably useful talent like magic sealed the coffin in a lead block. Petunia hated her sister ever since. Petunia is angry that she is cut off from the family money and influence, her only concession Vernon's position. While she never expected Harry to be left with her she's perfectly willing to take out all her spite and bitterness on her nephew.
5.Dumbledore's actions to hide Harry from Death Eaters and Dark Creatures also prevented those who would have taken him from the Dursleys from finding him.
Sign up to rate and review this story