Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Unfinished Tales

To Boldly Go

by sharkbait 0 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2014-06-11 - 359 words

0Unrated
Characters: Crew of small science vessel + Starfleet Intelligence Agent from Orion ship + Klingon survivors/prisoners

Setting: Federation frontier in poorly explored area between X/Klingon borders.

Background: Crew of average Federation junior officers/enlisted on Oberth class science vessel. Burned by Section 31 who intercepted and altered their orders to further one of their plans. Fallout causes Starfleet to disavow them and Federation to declare them wanted criminals.

Plot: Follows surviving crewmembers as they attempt to survive on the frontier and clear their names while being hunted by agents of the major alpha quadrant powers. Initial arc focuses on hunt by major powers, desperation and lack of resources, personnel conflicts + integration of non-Starfleet personnel. Second arc focuses on search for information, growing integration of crew, increasing familiarity of frontier. Third arc focuses on hunting down their betrayers, conflict over what happens if they do exonerate themselves.

Expanded Backstory
Section 31: In order to assist one of their own agents within the Klingon empire Section 31 decide to burn a less valuable Starfleet Intelligence operative. The operation they were burning involved contact with a Starfleet vessel, so to reduce losses they intercept and alter orders to ensure the least valuable and reputable vessel possible takes the fall. Leading to the protagonist vessel being the contact when the burn occurs.

Starfleet Intelligence: Is unaware of Section 31 actions. All they have is damning evidence involving the protagonist vessel having taken the place of the proper vessel with false orders and authorizations. Especially when the subsequent contact goes poorly resulting in the agent's exposure, a firefight in a neutral system and deadly space combat wherein all involved parties not corpses vanish afterward.

Protagonist Vessel: Are just following orders. They received and followed orders to pick up a special sealed cargo and take it to a neutral system where it would be delivered to another party. Only despite following all the instructions when they made contact the meeting was ambushed by Klingon commandos. While above in space they ended up in a confused three-way battle with Klingons and System Militia. End result heavy casualties for them and their contact, destroyed KDF ships, and lots of collateral damage.
Sign up to rate and review this story