Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines

The twins got into the back of the car excitedly “We’re going on our first hunt!” Penina cheered.

“It’s not all that exciting you know.” Dean told her as he started the car “It’s dangerous and sometimes it can be difficult.”

“I know all that, I’m just happy that we finally get to go on one.” Penina said, looking out the window “Do we get weapons?”

“I’m not so sure about that.” Dean said “We don’t want you accidentally hurting anyone. We need to train you first. This first hunt can be like an observation kind of thing before you actually start to truly help.”

“Boring... But I guess I can accept that.” Penina said, shrugging her shoulders “Do you have any idea what you’re up against?”

“This is going to sound a bit strange... But we think we’re up against the seven deadly sins.” Sam said “Which is why those people just starved to death in the house even though the fridge was full of food. As far as we’re aware we should be able to deal with them like we would any other demon. An exorcism or the colt. Either will work. First though we need to find Tamara and Isaac.”

“Where are we going to find them?” Hozzie asked “How do you even know where they are?”

“They went to a bar to go and check something out. They haven’t returned. Hopefully they’ll still be at the diner and they won’t have gone somewhere else or they could be in big trouble.”

“They could already be in big trouble then if they haven’t returned.” Penina said “Speed up before something happens to them!”

“I’m going as fast as I can.” Dean said “Don’t worry about Tamara and Isaac, okay?”

“Girls, don’t kill us, but we want you to stay in the car when we go and find them.” Sam said “We can’t have them grabbing you and losing you against us. They don’t know of your existence at the moment so you should be safe in the car. When we’re back to Bobby you can come inside and help us. But you need to sit out of this one.”

“That’s fine.” Hozzie said, feeling slightly relieved because the whole idea of the first hunt was starting to get really scary.

Penina felt the same way because she didn’t say a word when Sam and Dean pulled up outside the diner and left them both in the car. Then she said “Maybe I’m not so excited anymore.”

“I’m sure we’ll get used to it and start feeling less scared.” Hozzie said “But for now, I’m going to feel completely terrified.”

“I don’t suppose it can get any scarier than when we got kidnapped by Meg and Azazel.” Penina said “I still can’t believe that. We were kidnapped by demons. One of them tried to stab us. This whole thing is just still so weird.”

“I know.”

The two girls talked for about ten minutes and started to get worried that Sam and Dean hadn’t come out yet “Surely it shouldn’t take this long.” Hozzie whispered “Maybe something happened to them.”

“No, they’re good hunters. Nothing can have happened to them.” Penina said uncertainly. She paused “Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to go and peep through the windows. If it looks like they’re handling things then we’ll go back to the car.”

“What if they’re in danger?”

“Then we’ll figure something out then.” Penina said “Come on, let’s go and have a look.”

They climbed out of the car and shut the back door as quietly as possible then started creeping towards the diner that their brothers were inside. The blinds were drawn so no one could see inside but Penina leaned against the window to try and see through the gap between the blind and the window “What do you see?” Hozzie whispered.

“Nothing yet.” Penina whispered back “Wait, a see a man...”

“Is it Isaac?”

“No. It’s someone else... Ah, they’ve got black eyes. They’re a demon.”

“Do you see Sam and Dean?”

“No. Look through that window and try to spot them. I’ll keep an eye on this demon. He’s saying something but I can’t hear it and I’ve never been much good at lip reading.”

“Okay, I’ll try and see through this gap.” Hozzie said, leaning forward and looking through the window next to Penina’s “This is really difficult, how are you managing it... Oh! I see Sam. Someone’s holding onto him. They’ve got a gun.”

“Oh God.” Penina said, biting her lip “Can you see Dean?”

“No.”

“I’m keeping an eye on this guy. He’s doing an awful lot of talking- Oh shit, he’s spotted me.”

Hozzie jumped back “What do you mean he spotted at you?”

“I mean he stopped talking and we’re literally holding eye contact. Oh, he’s moving. I think he’s walking towards the door.”

“Shit, we need to get out of here.” Hozzie said.

“What about Sam and Dean?” Penina asked.

“We can’t help them if we’re captured by demons again. We’d make the situation even worse.”

The two of them started running and didn’t look back so they didn’t know if they were being followed. When they ran out of breath they hid behind a large bush and Hozzie pulled her phone out of her pocket “Who are you calling?” Penina asked.

“Bobby, who else?”

“Girls.” They both screamed and looked up. It was Dean “It’s okay, you distracted them so I shot a couple and the rest left. We got Tamara so let’s get out of here.”

“What about Isaac?” Hozzie asked.

Dean swallowed “Unfortunately he didn’t make it.”

The two girls walked behind him silently until they got back to the car where Tamara was crying and Sam was trying to comfort her “What happened?” Penina asked, biting her lip.

“They did something to him.” Tamara sobbed “Forced him to drink bleach.”

Hozzie and Penina glanced at each other. Hunting was a lot scarier than they thought it would be.
Sign up to rate and review this story