Categories > Original > Romance > Hot for Teacher

Homeroom with Mr. Fields

by Miami 0 reviews

Clover meets her homeroom teacher and is instantly attracted to him. How will she learn to tame those feelings? *Rating for language.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] [!!] - Published: 2014-07-15 - 2599 words

0Unrated
The man standing behind Clover and Devin definitely did not look like a teacher. First of all he was way too young; at least he looked way too young. Based on looks alone, Clover assumed he was roughly 25 or 26 years old at the most; he could easily pass as a 21 or 22 year old if it wasn’t for the perfectly trimmed facial hair. Speaking of hair, his was a very dark brown color but it clearly wasn’t black. His skin tone was a striking light olive-tan color. His eyes, however, weren’t as dark as she expected them to be with the dark hair and skin. On the contrary, they were a bright blue color, like the color of that one woman’s eyes in the Klondike commercials. He. Is. Stunning. There’s no way he’s our teacher! Clover thought to herself. He was physically fit, too. Even though he was wearing a nice, light purple dress shirt and black slacks, she could tell he had a least a six-pack hidden under the shirt and toned legs under the pants. She chuckled a bit at the fact he was wearing Converse that closely resembled hers. When he walked to his desk her eyes followed him and she immediately looked away when she caught herself checking out his butt, which was perfectly toned as well. When she looked back at him to take in more of his appearance, she locked eyes with him and her heart nearly melted when he smiled at her. And when he spoke, she had to physically suppress an excited sigh.

“So you are my new California-transferred student?” Mr. Fields asked in half amazement half adoration. “I expected a young hippie with blue eyes and sand-colored hair, not blue-green eyes and deep burgundy hair. I apologize for the stereotyping!”

“No worries, I’ve gotten that a lot out here. Not all California girls are beach babes. Don’t get me wrong, I love the beach! It’s just, where I’m from, the beach is 2 hours away and it’s always cold. You’re thinking of a typical southern California girl. I’m from the valley.” Clover stopped herself when she realized she was rambling. She couldn’t help herself because he was so attractive and it’s just what she does around a hot guy, even if he was her teacher.

Mr. Fields chuckled a little when he realized she was blushing and rambling. He was used to it, though. Most of the girls in his classed all thought he was attractive. Some of them were so shy around him they didn’t speak at all, while other girls openly flirted with him and tried to date him. He actually transferred a girl to a different homeroom once when she placed her hands on his inner thighs in a very inappropriate manner while he was tutoring her. Something was different about Clover, however. She was strikingly beautiful with her slightly sun-tanned skin, bright almost teal-colored eyes, and dark brown-red hair. She wasn’t insanely thin like most girls in Florida who were overly concerned with their appearance; instead she was perfectly toned and her arms showed a hint of muscle. Clearly she worked out somehow and it gave her some curves in all the right places. She had her legs crossed under her desk, which actually wasn’t hers but he’ll have whoever sits there move, and he could visibly see prominent muscles in her calves. They weren’t scary big muscles, but they were distinct and very attractive on her body type. He didn’t know the secret on how she got so toned, but he found her very attractive.

When the bell rang to signal that everyone had 5 minutes to get to class, Mr. Field’s realized he had been looking her over for some time now and immediately looked down at his desk to arrange some papers. He couldn’t focus on his papers, however; instead, all he could think about was how he could possibly find a student attractive. Other students started filing in the class and taking their seats and Mr. Field’s tried insanely hard to get his notes together for the day’s class.

Devin saw that Clover and Mr. Fields had some sort of immediate connection and had to ask Clover if she saw it too.

“What the hell was that?” Devin whispered to her.

“I… have no idea,” Clover responded. “But whatever it was, my heart is racing! How old is he? He does not look old enough to be our teacher. And has he always been this attractive?” Clover couldn’t help herself; she couldn’t stop looking at her new teacher.

“To answer all of your questions: he’s 28, he just finished getting his credentials before last year and immediately got a job here as our freshman homeroom teacher, and yes he has always been this attractive. All of the girls, and the gays, swoon over him, me included.”

“If he was your freshman homeroom teacher, why is he our sophomore homeroom teacher?”

“Oh right, you’re new here. Homeroom teachers move up with the students. So, all students have the same homeroom teacher for 4 years. Next year, he’ll be our junior homeroom teacher and will move upstairs with us. He teaches English to other students too, but we’re the lucky 50 students that get to keep him all 4 years. There are 5 homeroom teachers for each class level: 3 for English and 2 for History because they’re the only classes we are required to take all 4 years.”

“I think I understand.” Clover stated. “It’s kind of like my old high school’s system for counselors. They were divided up by class level and when we graduated our counselor would go to the freshmen and move up with them. Is it the same thing?”

“Yes, exactly the same!” Devin smiled then realized that Clover kept looking at Mr. Fields and smiling then looking away. “Clover, I haven’t seen you smile like this all day even though I only met you 15 minutes ago.”

“Well, I haven’t smiled like this since before my dad died. I don’t what it is, but Mr. Fields just radiates happiness. Is that crazy?” Clover laughed a bit at her own insanity.

“No it’s not crazy at all,” Devin consoled. “He’s a naturally happy guy and it rubs off on all of us.”

“I like it.” Clover smiled again, a little brighter this time, and locked eyes with Mr. Fields as the final bell rang and he stood to walk to the whiteboard and address the class.

The whole hour and 15 minute long class continued in the same manner. Clover would steal glances at Mr. Fields and he would steal glances at her. Both would look away when they realized it was completely inappropriate to be staring at one another, but they couldn’t help it. Something just kept drawing them to each other. Naturally, Devin caught all of Clover’s glances and decided he would let her know a little bit about Mr. Fields; so, he write a little note with some important information about their teacher that she might need or want to know and then passed it to her. Clover read the note while pretending to read the assigned chapter of their textbook. It read:

His first name is Alexander, he goes by Alex. He’s a Leo. He lives alone with his two dogs whose names he has not told us. He says he has a girlfriend but we all know it’s to keep the sluts away. He loves cooking and baking because whenever it’s someone’s birthday in homeroom he makes us all that person’s favorite cookies. He also loves reading and reads at least one book a week. He will reread some books a few months later if he liked them enough the first time around. That’s all I know so far based on pure observation. I’m telling you because I can tell you are sooo interested in him. ;p

Clover giggled a little and crumpled the note into a ball and threw it at Devin, where it landed right in his lap. He laughed and playfully hit her in the arm and went back to reading the chapter assigned. Clover then realized that there was still an empty desk in the room and no one had asked her to move out of their seat, so she started passing notes back and forth to Devin to find out who’s seat she was sitting in.

C: Who’s seat am I in?
This girl named Courtney. –D
C: Is she nice?
Lol funny. She’s the Queen B of the sophomores. Total bitch. –D
C: Eww, gross. I hate girls like that. My old school was full of bitches. I hated them all.
I still can’t believe you weren’t popular. –D
C: Well believe it. I have morals, pops didn’t.
Fuck the pops! Lol –D
C: Most bitches have a reason they’re mean. What’s Courtney’s?
No one knows. We all think she was born that way. –D
C: We?
The bf, the crew, Mr. Fields, half the student body… -D
C: Wow. Well remind me not to get on her bad side.

Before they knew it, class was almost over. Only 10 minutes remained before they had a 10 minute break to switch out their books and go to their next classes. Mr. Fields called for everyone’s attention to the front of the class.

“As you all know, we have a new student joining us today.” He paused for a brief moment to look at Clover. “Clover, would you mind coming up here and introducing yourself?”

Clover nodded and stood and made her way to the front of the room. As she was walking up, a student in the back of the class spoke.

“Clover?” The male student asked. “What kind of name is that? Are your parents hippies or something?” The rest of the class laughed with the guy and she finally reached the front of the room and faced all of the students.

“No, my parents are not hippies.” Clover responded to the student. “My family has a tradition when it comes to naming children: the first born daughter will be named after her mother’s favorite flower. My name is Clover, my mother’s name is Rose, my grandmother’s name is Daisy, and a grandmother of mine who was born in the 20s is named Poppy.” All of the students immediately stopped laughing and both Devin and Mr. Fields smiled.

Clover continued to introduce herself. “I don’t talk about my family much, but I guess I’ll make an exception for now. My family is very tradition oriented. Until my mother, sister and I moved here, my entire family has lived in Sacramento, California. I used to live there, but certain circumstances forced my mom, sister, and I to move here. I’m 15 years old. I love learning, especially languages, so I taught myself French in elementary school, took a couple of years of Spanish in middle school, and started learning Italian at my old high school which I will be finishing here. I’m also a writer; I love writing fictional romance stories and poems when I get the chance. Though, sometimes I can’t finish them because I lack inspiration. I have perfect vision so no I’m not wearing contacts and yes this is my natural eye color, doctors say it’s a genetic anomaly. Same goes with my hair, it is not dyed at all – another genetic anomaly. Doctors sat instead of my one characteristic gene dominating the other like they’re supposed to, they mutated together and created brand-new colors. And that is me in a nutshell.”

Clover smiled and returned to her seat only to see Devin beaming up at her while gathering his things. She sat and began doing the same thing, returning her pen, pencil, notebook, and book into her book-bag. The bell rang and both students stood and walked out of the door and to their lockers. After they grabbed their books for their next classes, Clover asked Devin to help her map out where her next classes were and where they should meet for lunch. They went their separate ways.

Clover’s schedule went as follows: homeroom, choir, world history, lunch, algebra 2, Italian, and physical education. Once a week, health and driver’s education stood in the place of one elective which she chose to be choir. The rest of her day went really well and all of the students and teachers were extremely nice and comforting and made her feel like she had been there since her freshman year and not just since that morning. However, when she wasn’t taking notes or reading, her mind kept wandering back to Mr. Fields and how insanely attractive he was. It was going to be hard to repress her attraction to him. But she knew she had to try.

After lunch Clover found her way to Algebra 2 upstairs with Mrs. Seyford and quickly found a seat near the front of the class. She had gotten there just before the bell rang that signaled the start of class and the room was almost full of students. A few empty desks sat in multiple places around the class and she picked one in the middle of the room. Just as she began to place her math notebook and book on the desk she heard a throat clearing behind her, and it didn’t sound very friendly. She turned around in her seat to see a tall, blonde girl looming over her.

“Excuse you, new girl, you’re in my seat!” Snarled the leggy blonde.

“I… I’m sorry,” Clover started. “I had no idea that anyone…”

“You don’t know anything do you?” The girl above her interrupted. “I bet you don’t even know who I am. Go ahead, newbie, guess.” She placed her hands violently on her hips and waited for Clover to answer.

“Well, judging on your welcoming tone and pleasant demeanor I would assume you’re Courtney. Am I correct?” Clover asked sarcastically, knowing very well that she was, in fact, sitting below the menacing Courtney that Devin spoke of earlier that day. Courtney scoffed in response, noting the sarcasm in Clover’s voice. “We missed you in homeroom this morning.” More sarcasm.

“Great, first you take MY homeroom and now my seat in math. What’s next, my boyfriend?” Courtney rolled her eyes and shifted her weight on to her right foot, glaring down her nose at Clover.

Clover stood and came face to face with Courtney, her nose literally centimeters away from the other girl. “You know, Court, I hadn’t thought of that. But, now that you mention it, maybe I will.” Clover then smiled, gathered her things and moved to the side to let the rude blonde sit down. “You can have your seat, and you can keep your boyfriend. I wouldn’t want your sloppy seconds anyway.”

Without saying another word, Clover grabbed her things and sat in another empty seat, one as far away from Courtney as possible. For the entirety of the class, Clover felt Courtney’s eyes bearing into her cheek. If looks could kill, Clover would be dead in an instant. Her day was going so well, until she met Courtney Davenport.
Sign up to rate and review this story