Categories > Games > Devil May Cry > Of Frost and Flame

Into the Depths

by AyanaRin 0 reviews

A look into Vergil's past the night he escaped from his tormentor Mundus. A whirlwind of emotion's trapped deep within,attempting to break free from the prison he locked them in years ago.

Category: Devil May Cry - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Characters: Vergil - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2014-07-17 - 2327 words

0Unrated
Chapter two: Into the depth's. -Narrated by Vergil-

It was getting late ,it had to be nearly midnight by now. I was glad to be out of that house even if it was just to pick up a few thing's for ,Ayana. It gave me a chance to think ,I still wasn't sure why I wanted her back in my life. Was it safe for her to be around me? Mundus was looking for me he already sent a tracker after her. She'd be safer around me but she'd also be safer away from me.
I don't want anyone to go through what I have endured these last twenty-three year's. I can still remember the night I escaped only a month ago.

-Flash Back-
It was dark ,always pitch black nothingness ,I was kept in this cell bound by several heavy chain's that I couldn't even hope to break. Why did he even keep me here? He could kill me so easily in this pathetic state I'm in ,covered from head to toe in my own blood that had dried to my skin. I had been reduced to nothing but a shameful fool ,I wasn't able to protect myself from the weakest of his blow's. I was beaten daily all because I failed to do his biding. "You're weak ,just like your father! If hadn't cursed you maybe you'd be worth something!" The demonic voice shouted as a black figure stepped out of the darkness. "The moment he fell in love with that human woman ,he signed his death wish."
"Tch ,You're wrong." I scoffed with a weakened voice. The figure lit the torch's in the room which revealed himself. It was Mundus of course I already knew it was. "It seem's like you need to be reminded of your role here ,again." He growled ,summoning a black bladed sword to his side. He rose his hand getting ready to strike. I tried to ready myself for the impact but the impact never came ,I looked up to see what was taking him so long : he wasn't even there. The room was still dark ,had I imagined him? It's true I haven't been myself these past year's but ,had I really imagined this whole scenario? Did I really fear him?
No ,I didn't fear anyone or anything ,fear is an impossible emotion for me. "You poor child ,your in denial." I heard a women's voice echo in a slight Russian accent. I didn't recognize her voice in fact she's the first female's voice I've heard since Mundus made that puppet of his and brought her here to test her out. "You should build up your strength instead of wallowing in your own despair. " The voice continued. I looked around the room ,it was still nothing but darkness :Just as it has always been. "You don't actually plan on staying here and letting him get the best of you ,Your father wouldn't have wanted that." The mysterious voice echoed again. Whoever it was made complete sense ,I shouldn't be just sitting here waiting for the next time he show's up. I am a son of Sparda ,I seem to have forgotten that. I just have to summon enough strength to break the chain's that bind me. I had to somehow re-summon my demonic form ,a form I haven't used in a very long time. I shut my eye's trying to concentrate ,I had to feel the power forming in me ;A power that I fought so desperately for though I just gave it away. I was successful in drawing the energy I needed ,I felt the anger I have always felt when accessing my true form. My body began to slowly morph itself ,changing shape one bone at a time. It was painful but nothing compared to what I had gone through. I rose my hand looking at the chain wrapped around it ,my vein's began to show heavily through my skin changing from blue to red as my power surfaced. My hand became cloaked in black armor as did the rest of my arm and body. I had to make this quick ,I was stable but, if Mundus were to notice I was escaping I would be back at square one.
So ,with one powerful lunge I managed to break the chain's binding me sending them all crashing to the floor making quiet a ruckus. I should have been more careful but ,getting out was top priority. "Good ,I was wondering how much longer you'd act like vermin." The same voice catechized only from behind me instead of resonating around me. I instantly turned to face whoever this woman was ,she was quite beautiful. She possessed long dark red hair that barely hung over the floor ,she was dressed in a rather revealing black dress that only covered what needed to be. Her eye's were diamond blue just like mine. As I was examining her looked down noticing she was carrying a sword. The sword looked like it was made of ice ,you could even see water moving on the inside. The woman rose her arm extending the sword out hilt first ,handing it to me. "If you are going to leave you will need to take Pruina Glaciem with you. "She explained.
It was that moment when she shifted her weight that I caught the scent she bore. Her own scent was hard to find ,she was covered in Mundus' . "I don't need anything from the like's of you!" I shouted out in rage.
Her eye's showed sympathy toward me , I didn't like that ,especially coming from someone covered in 'his' scent. "This sword was supposed to be passed down to my son. But ,he left before he came of age." she shot back ,defending herself. "Your son must have been one pathetic -" She interrupted me. "Sparda. He is my son. Will you continue to speak or will you listen?" She growled with a cocky tone to her voice. "If you want to stand a chance to escape you need to take this. Beside's if you want to open the portal you have to take the soul's of many Cherub's. I know you would rather have their blood on a blade then on your hand's. " She explained. From what I knew Cherub's were infant angel's. They weren't just that though ,they were the soul's of still-born and aborted children heading to be reborn into the cycle. The only way to escape hell if you're a prisoner if to slay them but, you must keep a pure heart while doing so. I knew this and I accepted it. It had to be done ,there was no other choice beside's they were human why would I care about a human's soul?

The women placed the sword in my hand's and left in silence ,it was only a matter of time before she would turn me into Mundus.
I left surprisingly without any trouble ,it was probably that woman's doing. I needed rest anyway. So I left and hid myself in a small crevasse in the mountain side. They couldn't get inside here easily so this is where I had to stay for the next few day's while I recovered.
It had been nearly a week before I left the crevasse ,I wasn't recovered yet but, I was getting weaker from lack of food and water. I needed to escape now. With what little strength I had I managed to climb out of the hole I was in. "So ,this is where you've hidden huh ,Vergil?" A girly sounded male's voice called out. A male with long silver hair was standing only several feet in front of me ,he was dressed in thin black armor :He was foolish to come out here without a weapon to defend himself with. I readied myself and place my hand on the hilt of my sword waiting for him to strike. "Child ,I do not wish to battle you. I'm just here to deliver a message." The man chuckled reaching into his jacket pocket and pulling out a syringe filled with a white thick looking liquid. The man took a step toward's me and vanished second's later I felt a heavy impact on my chest knocking me back followed by a slight sting in my neck. When I regained my balance I saw him standing in front of me again ,the vile was now empty. "You are allowed to be free but, it won't be without a price. The treatment hurt's worse than having to endure this pain yet, this pain will slowly kill you. After forty-eight hour's have passed if you are not dead I will hunt down everyone you care for and murder them in cold blood right before your very eyes ,again." He warned. I could feel my eye's getting heavier ,at this rate I was going to collapse in a matter of time and as he turned away I did just that and fell unconscious.
It was a peaceful slumber until the pain he alerted me of had woken me causing my body to violently jerk. I felt as if I was burning from inside out ,I was shaking uncontrollably and sweating a lot, draining the little fluid I had left in my body. My lung's felt crushed it was hard to get a breath in or out ,I couldn't even see straight everything was mirrored and blurred. I could barely keep a grip on the sword that woman had given me. I had to make my way to the gate quickly ,I had to slaughter all that innocent blood ,I didn't care if it stopped this horrid pain I would do anything.

Finally I stood at the gate ,you could see sparkles of soul's flying around ,it would have been a beautiful view if I had not been enduring so much. I unsheathed my sword and struck the nearest Cherub's viciously tearing them to piece's with my blade. I didn't care if their soul's were coming or going ,some mother would be forced to have a still-born child. That was life ,I hated myself for doing this but it was to each his own ,no one would come to help me so why should I care about someone else's problem?
One of the Cherub sprite's took on a human form standing in front of me ,she was just a child ,couldn't been any older than three. Her hair was a silver violet shade and her eye's were crystal blue just like the woman's from earlier. She reminded me much of myself as a child but ,her soul was the last one I needed and the last one their. No matter how innocently she gazed at me ,she was my ticket out and I swung my blade through her without a second thought ,causing her to disappear. I was now free.

-Present time-
I was now heading back with the clothes I picked out for Ayana ,sub-consciously thinking I had gotten her clothes that matched the color's of my own. Thinking back on these last few week's I haven't had a neuro system attack since last week. I was beginning to wonder if the venom had somehow worked it's self out of my system. "Of course ,how could I even expect you to actually have money? I'm always getting you out of debt! UGH! I should have seen this coming! I swear to god ,Dante if you ever do this again I am going to murder you!" I heard a familiar voice yell. Dante ,I knew that whoever this was had indeed been referring to my brother. "Whoa ,hey now Lady no need yell. You're gonna wake the neighborhood up." Dante ,responded with his casual sarcastic tone. "You said you would pay and then you conveniently 'forget' your money!?" She shrieked again.
Dante and another female chuckled at this girl's response.
They were close I could hear their arguing getting louder. I couldn't confront him right now ,not here. Luckily I had taken the backstreet's and alley's to avoid contact with people. So I ducked and hid myself next to a large appliance someone was disposing of. My plan worked ,they all walked by without suspecting a thing. At least so I thought ,Dante stopped about half-way and looked directly at me. He couldn't tell who I was all he could tell was that I was demonic ,a that was all the reason he needed to start heading toward's me. "Dante." The other female called out ,as she walked toward's him. She was blonde ,she looked just like... She was Mundus' puppet I met year's ago. I took this opportunity to take my leave by using what energy I had to jump over the building in my way.
After jumping off the building I landed next to the girl with short black-hair startling her ,our eye's made contact and I knew she remembered who I was by that glare she gave me. I had always been faster than Dante and I managed to escaped without them knowing where I went. I was back at the house where I had left Ayana ,my symptom's were coming back slowly ,I was slightly shaking and only certain area's felt the burning sensation. My head was killing me and my heart has slowed so much that someone who was fully human would have died. I stood outside until I was able to regain myself ,I walked in to see Ayana laying on my bad asleep. She had my jacket I left at home draped over her lower body ,I assumed this was so I didn't see anything when I came in. I walked next to her and sat the bag down near the beside. She was every bit as beautiful as I remembered her being twelve year's ago. She was my angel in every way.

Did I really just think that? Lame.
Sign up to rate and review this story