Categories > Games > Devil May Cry > Of Frost and Flame

Terror of the Midnight Storm

by AyanaRin 0 reviews

Ayana tried to pry deeper into the mind of Vergil ,she doen't want to bother him so she just examines his movement but,has she peered to far into his world? A vision in her dream say's yes.

Category: Devil May Cry - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Vergil - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2014-07-17 - 1930 words

0Unrated
Chapter Three: The terror of the midnight storm. -Narrated by Ayana(Oc)-

'What time is it?' I thought to myself as I rolled over looking at the antique clock placed on the wall across from the bed. The clock was just about to strike midnight. I could smell a strange aroma in then air ,it had a sweet yet savory smell to it. I slide of the bed and I felt something rub against my leg ;there was a bag set next to the bed with a note over it that read "Change your clothes before you think about leaving this room."

I reached into the bag and pulled out a black tank top ,and a dark blue skirt with a royal blue colored cloth attached to it. I was amazed all the size's were spot on ,even my intimates fit perfectly.
I threw the clothes he had gotten me on and started to head to the room where the smell was coming from. As soon as I opened the door ,Vergil appeared on the other side ,handing me a bowl and silverware. "You need to eat." He demanded. I took the bowl from him and looked inside seeing that he had made some kind of Chow mein dish. "This smell's great!" I exclaimed ,thanking him for the meal ;he merely glanced at me and nodded his head once as he grabbed another bowl that was sitting on the counter nearby and walked past me back into the first room ,taking my hand as he passed. It was obvious he wanted me to follow him so ,I walked carefully ,being sure not to spill any of the the delicious scented food he gave me. He let go of my hand and sat down on the couch that was about ten feet or so in front of his bed. He glanced at me motioning his hand toward's him while a grin lined his face. I settled into the seat next to him ,blushing a bit as I did. He didn't say a word to me and just began to eat ;he was eating rather quickly ,like he hadn't eaten in day's. He glance over at me ,seeming annoyed. "It's going to get cold." He hissed. I chuckled slightly under my breath and began to eat as well. This dish tasted just how it smelled ;Sweet and savory ,I could identify the sweet taste as coconut and the meat was chicken. It was a strange dish but ,I loved every bite.

I had sat next to Vergil for quite a while now ,we had both finished eating and Vergil was leaning on the arm of the couch reading a book ,I didn't know what the book was about ,the title wasnt in English so I couldn't figure anything out. The title read 'Tenebras In Tenebris Metuunt'. At this point you could hear thunder crackling outside and rain falling onto the metal roof of the house. I wasn't one to like storm's but ,since i was next to Vergil I was alright. He turned to me with a grin. "Would you like dessert?" he asked in a soothing voice. His voice had such a calming effect to it ,I knew for a fact that I was blushing. "Ummm ,y-yeah sure." I replied in a mutter. I heard Vergil chuckle quietly under his breath as he closed his book ,sat it down next to the couch and walked toward's the kitchen ,telling me he'd wouldn't be long.
That book was sitting so close ,he'd probably be out of the room for a few minute's and he would never know I looked. But ,if I got caught ,he seemed like the type of person that would fight with his silence instead of his word's and he was to quiet already. It really wasn't any of my business anyway ,it could be sentimental to him.
I got up and walked over to the window ,the storm was getting pretty bad now ,the wind picked up ,you could hear it howling through the house ,the rain was hitting the roof hard making a louder clanging sound ;and the thunder was random one minute it was quiet the next very loud. The lamp Vergil had on near the couch was flickering it was only a matter of time before the power would go out. I didn't like the dark either.
That was the strange thing about me ,I absolutely loved thunder storm's and the night but I was also afraid them as well. I would love to be outside during a storm if Vergil had me wrapped in his arm's. I would never think of being out in it alone. Like this strange man in red I was watching ,he was walking aimlessly through the rain ,he looked like he could be tracking something. The man turned and he has silver hair just like Vergil. Come to think of it he looked just like Vergil only his hair wasn't slicked back and it was shorter. I wonder if Vergil knew this man?
I heard a small click behind me and the room went dark ,Vergil turned off the light prehaps' thinking that there would be a power outage any second as well. "H-hey Verg-" Was all I got to say before Vergil walked up behind me wrapping right arm around my waist ,resting his hand on my hip and bringing his left arm around to grab my cheek pulling my face toward's him as his lip's lightly pressed against mine. 'Just move your hand a little farther.' I thought to myself ,placing my hand on top of his trying to move the placement a bit. It was to no avail ,his hand might as well be glued to my hip. He broke our kiss and pushed me against the wall. "Just stay silent." He demanded as he reached for the door ,locking it. I could feel his body against mine ,unlike the thug's body I wanted Vergil's to be near me ,I wanted him to be closer. I could hear footstep's outside splashing in the water ,they were approaching the door. Someone started knocking. I opened my mouth to speak but Vergil placed his hand over my mouth preventing me from making a sound. He continued to hold me in this position until the man at the door walked away. "That was just to keep you quiet and nothing more." He insisted. I didn't want to argue with him ,that kiss was amazing. I turned around to see Vergil grabbing a glass he had placed on the table ,he gave it to me and retrieved another glass and returned to his former position on the sofa like nothing had happened. I figured it was best to ignore the subject of whoever was knocking ,it was probably personal to him anyway's. I walked back to where Vergil was and settled down into the spot next to him. I took a sip from the drink and it had a banana and pineapple flavor to it ,it was sweet but it wasn't overwhelming. I complemented his amazing skill's again and got the same silent nod as a response.
When Vergil was finished with his drink he sat in silence ,I didn't know what was on his mind ,I even managed to lean my head on his shoulder for a while. It was still storming so I didn't want to be to far away from him ;I know it sound's silly. After awhile Vergil peered over toward's me. " You look tired ,why don't you get some sleep?" he stuttered slightly ,showing that he was somewhat tired as well. I agreed to being tired despite the storm I was afraid of I really needed to get some sleep. He told me I could have the bed as he normally slept on the couch ;with how messy his bed was when I got here I figured that was his way of trying to be nice.
So I took the bed ,I wish we would have been old friend's or something because I would have been more comfortable with him next to me instead of across the room. But ,It would be awkward for us both.

I finally manage to drift of to sleep around 2 or 3am ,Vergil kept his sight's pn me until I fell asleep , I guess he was just looking out for me in his own way.
Normally I have peaceful dream's during storm's despite how much I'm afraid of lightning. Tonight wasn't going to be that way though. All I dreamt about was watching this man chained to a wall ,getting beaten every day and night. He always lost a large amount of blood but ,he only seemed weakened by it. He's apparent immortality didn't comfort me though ,it just meant he'd experience it again and again. I feared for him as I was stuck watching every blow he was dealt. What was unnerving was the fact that every time he had a moment to breathe and recover from his wound's I could hear a violin playing a bittersweet melody ,the tune was amazing but ,it also had a deep sadness hidden within it. That wasn't even the most chilling part ,this man had been in the shadow's the whole time ,right before I woke up he looked at me. Those sapphire colored eye's I knew them as calming but ,now they were empty ,lost and afraid. I woke up with a violent jerk ,immediately lunging out of the bed my eye's searched the room for my dear friend I has just met ,I was crying heavily from the dream I had and what made it worse was Vergil wasn't on the couch where he said he would spend the night. I was panicking ,I needed to find him ,I just had to make sure he was ok ,he had done so much for me if he needed help I had to be there for him.
I felt a hand tap my shoulder ,I swiftly turned round and saw him standing there. He must of been trying to wake me up and I was so blinded by my tear's I didn't notice him.
I grabbed Vergil and embraced him as I cried into his jacket ,he could tell something was wrong because bit by bit he embraced me in an awkward hug as well. Why would I have a dream that vivid about someone I just met? Did I really meet him somewhere before ? Maybe we were to young to remember. Did it have something to do with that gang leader? Vergil ,said he had been tracking him. "Ar-are you going to be alright?" Vergil asked ,trying to hide the embarrassment in his voice. "I-I really don't know...I-I'm so afraid right now." I responded ,unsure of how I felt. "I can sit next to you ,till you fall back to sleep." He offered ,shifting his stance slightly. I wasn't going to feel any better if he wasn't near me ,I needed him close , I didn't want to lose him. I agree and I climbed back into his bed while he sat on the edge letting me hold his hand so I could know he was safe. he seemed annoyed but strangely happy at the same time. I fell back to sleep and slept peacefully the rest of the night.

The song she hear in her dream is Brother's from Full Metal Alchemist - You can find teh violin version on youtube under the user name Taylor Davis
Sign up to rate and review this story