Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Ugly Puppy

Chapter. 1

by Meowth 0 reviews

I saw my parent die by the hands of rouges. Because of those rouges I have a extreme fear of dominant wolves. I'm only comfortable around a few dominant wolves in my pack, but anyone else will send...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2014-07-20 - 2517 words

0Unrated
Chapter. 1

Carlos





"Happy birthday Carlos!" My friends shout as I step into the kitchen.



I smile when I see Freddy, Anna, and Marcus standing around the table. A large banquet of all my favorite foods I like to eat for breakfast is set on it. In the center of it all is a small chocolate chip cake with the words 'Happy Birthday Carlos' written in blue frosting.



I smile at the arrangement "t-thank you!"



Freddy comes over to me and gives me a big bear hug. Despite me being a real chubby child, weighing around two hundred and sixty pounds, Freddy is able to lift me up in the air and he spin me around. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised he can do this, after all he's a tall muscular boy with a body many girls and submissives at school swooned over. He was the alpha's son too and the heir to the Teagen pack. But despite all this manliness Freddy was a submissive wolf at heart.



This wasn't considered good by pack standards since he was their next alpha and his father even demoted him to omega status when he was seven in an attempt to toughen him up. It didn't help his slight fear of dominant wolves. But, he still grew up with the body of an alpha male, he just wasn't a Dominant at heart. That's why we're waiting for him to find his mate today. His birthday was over the summer break which just ended yesterday. He hadn't found his mate within the pack, so we were waiting to see if he would find his mate at school. Our school held mostly werewolves, a couple of humans and maybe some other supernatural creatures. The town where our school is, is neutral grounds for all the wolf packs in this country. So Freddy would hopefully find his mate amongst the wolves from other packs. The pack was hoping he’d find a nice submissive to bring out the dominant wolf in him. Though I hoped he didn't find his mate for a while because it would be hard being a friend to a dominant wolf when you had my level of fear for them.



"You're eighteen now, Carly!" Freddy squeals still spinning me around.



I giggle "I know, I know and I'm so happy!"



Freddy stops spinning me and lets me stand on my own. He gives me a wide grin "Well, I bet you're excited to meet your mate! I bet you he'll be the most handsome and sweetest dominant you've ever met. I can see it now!" He wraps his arms around my shoulder



"Your mate's going to see you and he'll gasp in amazement because he sees the most beautiful wolf in the world!"



"I hope he sees that..." I say a little doubtfully. I was a little afraid to find my mate, I wasn't exactly the ideal image of a submissive wolf. Usually submissive wolves were slim, feminine looking people. They were supposed to be beautiful, more beautiful than a model. I've seen many submissives in my school like that too and I wished I could be like them. I was ugly, I admit it I'm not pretty at all. I was very chubby and sometimes people thought I was a hippo that escaped from the zoo in town. I had black hair that reached my shoulder blades and mud colored eyes. I was also really heavy and I was hard to carry. Only the alpha, Marcus, Marcus’s dad and Freddy were able to pick me up off the ground without much trouble. Everyone else struggled and had to put me down.



I didn't make myself fat, I just became blimp during middle school. I did like junk food but I always made sure to eat healthy and work out. You pretty much had to eat healthy and work out when you’re a werewolf. But, despite all my attempts to slim down I was still a hundred and sixty pounds to big! Dominants didn't like dating ugly submissives they wanted princess not hippos! I've never seen a dominant with an ugly mate and I've never seen fat werewolves my age before either!



I feel someone wrap their arm around my neck in a tight headlock. I struggle in their gasps and look up to see Marcus, my second best friend, Freddy's younger cousin and the future beta of our pack. Unlike Freddy, Marcus was a dominant wolf and practically one of the three dominants I was comfortable around. He gives me a noogie "Oh don't count yourself out yet, that only makes bad things happen. You have to stay positive and even he doesn't want you, you're pretty enough to find someone else. If no one can see the wonderful person you are then they aren't worth your time!"



I smile and finally wiggle myself out of Marcus's hold "Thanks Marcus, I needed that."



Marcus gives me two thumbs up and a goofy smile "Glad I could help, now are we gonna eat this birthday breakfast or not because I'm absolutely s.t.a.r.v.i.n.g, starving!"



Freddy frowns "Not until we sing happy birthday to Carly!"



Marcus pouts "Aw..but I'm hungry" he whines crossing his arms over his chest.



Freddy rolls his eyes which makes Marcus sticks his tongue at him. I laugh at Marcus’s childish antics “If it makes you happy Marc, I’ll blow them out now.”



Marcus gives me a goofy smile “Oh thank you Carly, you’re so nice to me! Unlike someone” he says glaring playfully at Freddy.



Freddy rolls his eyes again “Oh grow up will you, you act like a five year old.”



“I do not” Marcus cries with mock anger.



“Yeah, you do” Freddy retorts.



Both me and Anna shake our heads at the two as they bickered with each other. Anna turns to me with a small smile “I’ll break these two up, why don’t you get the alpha in the meantime. He said he would come down and join us this morning, but he hasn’t gotten out of his room yet.” she says to me.



“The alpha said he was going to join us?” That was a surprise, the alpha rarely left his room not even for dinner. He just locks himself up there and buries himself with work. I only saw the alpha come out a couple of times and that was for his children’s birthdays, important pack members birthdays, meetings and to work around the farm when he didn’t have any pack business to look over. As to why he was coming down for my birthday was weird, he never has before so why now.



“Oh yes, its because you’re eighteen now. Many dominants and rogues will be after you now that you can go into heat. As you’re alpha he needs to make sure you feel your mate, if he isn’t in the pack then the alpha must help arrange meetings with other packs in order to help find your mate or find you a mate if don't feel you mate at all in any of the packs. Sometimes you don’t feel your mate at all because they’re too far away, or they’re younger than you, or have...” she pauses and frowns sadly “died before you became of age” Anna explains.



I didn’t even know those things happened, I always thought you would always find your mate. I didn’t even know, not find your soulmate could happen. Thats the saddest thing I ever heard. A wolf’s mate was their everything, they were the person who completed you. To not have one at all was terrible and my heart went out to anyone who went through that. But, it wasn’t as bad as getting rejected by your mate.



To get rejected by your mate was the worst thing to happen to a werewolf. It meant their soulmate didn’t love them, that there was something wrong with them that their mate disliked. It was like getting a present in the mail, a wonderful present like a new phone or a puppy. Then you find out that you have to return it because the person changed their mind and thought, hey you suck so no present for you. Except the hurt felt ten times as worst, and your wolf goes a little crazy (actually it goes insane.)



Though seeing you mate die before you eyes is just as bad. A wolf rejected by their mate can find another, but when your mate dies you can’t move on. Your heart forever stays attached to your mate, to continue living on is torture in itself. I sometimes wonder how both the Alpha and Anna manage to continue living on. Both had lost their mates to rogues attacks, but yet they still lived on. Anna was happy, I guess because she makes it her job to take care of all of us. I guess the alpha in his own way is happy too in his own way, but I can’t be sure.




“Oh, Okay...Is he in his room?”



Anna gives me a dull stare, I smile sheepishly feeling slightly stupid for asking. The alpha is always in his room at this time.

I go up to the alpha room, well more like office slash bedroom. You see the alpha doesn’t exactly go in his actual bedroom ever since his mate died. He would stay in his office, he would work, eat and sleep in there. So Marcus’s father, Andrew, put a bed inside it for the alpha to sleep in. We couldn’t bring his bed from his room, since he says the scent of his mate still lingers on the sheets. So we leave everything alone in his old room.



I knock on the door gently “Alpha, you in there?” I knew he would be in there, but I wasn’t going to just barge in there. It was the alpha’s room after all, he could have my head for showing such level of disrespect.



Its silent inside for a while until I hear a deep, groggy voice say “Come in.”



I go in and find the alpha sitting up, shirtless in his bed. My face suddenly heats up, I always found it unnerving to see a dominant half naked. It just made me feel embarrassed and uneasy. Though whenever I change in the submissive locker room, I’m always embarrassed and uneasy because I was the only fat kid in the entire locker room.



The alpha scrubs his hand along his stubbly chin, his five o’clock shadow darkening his entire jaw. His eyes were still shut, obviously I just woke him up. “What is it Carlos, is something wrong?”



“Um...no its just Anna said that you needed to talk with me today.”



The alpha eyes finally snap open, hallowed blue eyes now glaring at me quizzingly “I did?”



“Yes...because its my eighteenth birthday-”



“Today's your birthday! Oh, I’m sorry if I forgotten. Happy birthday Carlos and you’re eighteen you say?”



“Yes, Alpha...”



The alpha stares at me blankly, then shakes his head looking around his room “Ah, yes eighteen, eighteen, eighteen...” he looks at me again “and you’re a...submissive, yes?”



I slowly nod, did the alpha forget I was a submissive. I wonder how long he’s stayed up last night. Sometimes he’d forget to sleep or take a break and go all night working until he passes out from exhaustion. But he was in his bed so that probably meant he went to bed, just really late. This caused the alpha to be a little ditsy and he would get easily confused. Its a real problem since he’ll forget to do something. When he fails to do what he had to do he’ll get frustrated. Then he’ll go the whole day grumpy. I really hoped he didn’t forget to do anything today, or at least wrote down what he has to do today. Grumpy dominants were scary, grumpy alphas were terrifying.



“Ah, here it is” the Alpha says, breaking me out of my train of thoughts.



I look over to the bed to see him not there. I look around until I spot him at his desk taking out a medallion. My head tilts in slight confusion “What is that?”



Alpha smiles “It’s a scent neutralizer. It helps submissives in heat hide their scents so dominants will leave him alone. Now I want you to drink a special herbal tea, ask Anna to make it for you. That will stop you from feeling the urges that come with going into heat.” He then looks at me sternly “It will keep you satisfied for fifteen hours, so I suggest you get home immediately after school. Especially if you don’t find your mate today. Is that understood?”



“I understand, Alpha.”



The alpha nods approvingly “Good, I know you won’t disappoint me. You’re a good boy Carlos and always have been. Now take this medallion and go back downstairs and enjoy your breakfast. Don’t forget about the tea and don’t take it off.”



I smile, taking the medallion from the alpha and putting it around my neck “I won’t disappoint you alpha and I’ll keep it on at all times.”



“Good, now off you go” he says waving his hand dismissively.



I turn to leave his room when he calls out “Wait!”



I turn around again to find the alpha in front of me holding a present “I almost forgot to give this to you.”



I stare at the box, completely shocked “You got me a present?”



The alpha stares at me as if I grown a second head “Of course I did, its your birthday afterall. People usually give people gifts on their birthday.”



I knew that, but I never think the alpha would give me a gift. I wasn’t exactly his child or an important member of the pack. I was just the omega, an outsider who they took in out of pity. He didn’t have to get me anything, but he did.



I take the gift from out of his hand “Um, thank you.”



The alpha smiles brightly “You’re welcome, happy birthday again Carlos and have a good day at school. The best of luck to you with finding your mate.”


I smile back “Thank you again alpha.” I leave his room and head back downstairs, the gift still in my hands. I wonder what he got me, but I won’t open up any of my presents until after school. But, I found myself feeling slightly impatient. A gift from the alpha was the best thing to ever happen to me. Its a great honor that he would get me, an omega, or anyone for that matter. Nothing could ruin my day today, nothing.
Sign up to rate and review this story