Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Misconceptions of a hero

A mother's reaction prt2

by InuKag 6 reviews

Inu/Kag .... Mirok/Sang .... Things don't always go the way you plan them too... and sometimes... people aren't what they seem. If they aren't too careful, feelings could get inthe way of victory.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Kirara, Koga, Miroku, Naraku, Rin, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Shippo - Warnings: [!!!] [X] [Y] - Published: 2006-08-10 - Updated: 2006-08-10 - 1848 words

0Unrated
When Kagome entered the kitchen behind her mother she carefully watched as she placed her palms placidly upon the counter in front of her daughter. Kagome stood awkwardly at the other side of the island.

"Mom, um... please I know you are upset..." Her mother cut her off with a sigh.

"Upset? Kagome, upset doesn't even begin to cover it..." Kagome choked back tears as her mother walked around the island, coming to face with her daughter. "Kagome, I just... you are so young. I thought that you would know better than to do something that invokes so much responsibility. Dear, I never wanted you to go through any of this..." she put a hand to Kagome's cheek; calling her attentions to her mothers tearing eyes.

"Mom, I... I just love him so much." Doubling over into her mothers arms, she cried. "I... it just happened, I know I'm young but... I know he loves me too."

"Oh Kagome, dear... I know you do, it's just that... well I know it's a different time there and things are done differently, but... dear...I just wish that you didn't have to go through what happened to you...losing a child is a very traumatic thing." Kagome looked up as her mother held her arms.

"Momma, I... I know it sounds silly but, I want to have children with Inuyasha... at first I was completely caught off guard, I was terrified. But, he proved to me that I didn't have to be. That he wanted the child no matter what. Momma, he doesn't know this but... I knew that he was choking back tears when he told me that the accident caused damage... and that the baby didn't survive." Her mother perked up.

"Kagome... how much damage?" Kagome broke down again.

"I...I don't know, that's one of the reason's I had to come back... momma... I ... I think I need you to take me to a doctor... I'm scared momma" Kagome looked shyly at the pacing hanyou in the living room. Letting out a sigh, Kagome's mother hugged her close.

"When would you like an appointment? You do understand that you probably won't be returning to the feudal era any time real soon don't you?" Kagome nodded with an air of sadness. "Does Inuyasha know?"

"Yeah, he knows... at least... I'm /pretty /sure he knows." She leaned herself against the island in the middle of the kitchen and let out a long held in sigh. Mrs. Higurashi sat in the silence for a moment before deciding that she was indeed going to have to talk to the young man pacing in her living room.

"Kagome, I need to talk to Inuyasha..." Kagome's eyes went big as she sucked in a sharp gasp. Gripping her daughters hands, Kagome's mother moved a hair away from the frustrated girls' brow and waited for the expression of utter shock to wash away. When it did, she continued. "Is that alright?" Kagome nodded dumbly.

"I...I'll go rest in my room... I suddenly feel very drained." Placing a kiss on Kagome's temple, the young girl disappeared into the apex of the kitchen, heading for her bedroom. Mrs. Higurashi let out a straggled sigh before walking out to speak with Inuyasha.

~*~
Kagome slowly opened the door to her bedroom, eyeing the surroundings that were speckled in drones of sunlight that dared to stream into the room, with an air of confusion. True, she had sex, she was no longer a pure shrine virgin... true she was caught in a moment and forgot all about any forms of birth control. Being 18 years old, with no boyfriend or anything substantial she figured that she didn't need to be on the pill... not quite yet. Though she suspected at times that Inuyasha did love her, and she admitted openly a few times that she felt strongly for him... that she loved him...She had never been completely sure, and she knew more than anyone that basing things on idea's... though nice... is just wasteful. It never occurred to her that they would engage in such activity; never once dawned on her that she could become pregnant with a child sired by the hanyou. Kagome could feel her tears pushing up against the back of her retinas, but refusing to shed. A dry sob shuddered throughout her chest as she shut her door; backing up against it and sliding down to the floor, she closed her eyes... trying so hard not to think about what had happened... true at first she was terrified of what would happen, pregnancy wasn't exactly something that was praised in this era... at her age. Along with the tears, it had begun to bring Kagome a sense of self, of worth. She was going to be a mother... and the child was that of a man she deeply cared about. Now, as if in the blink of an eye... a useless act of violence prompted by her own unawareness, it was all gone. Crawling to her bed she managed to pull herself upon the mattress and cling to a frilly pillow that lay as décor to her neatly made bed.

The tears came.

~*~


Inuyasha tried desperately to avoid her mother's cold and knowing scowl as she paced the living room in front of the standing hanyou. Suddenly, she stopped dead and faced him.

"Sit Inuyasha..." She had said it with such a force that he half expected to plummet to the ground; her eyes were serious and determined... Thank Kami she doesn't have control over the rosary. Inuyasha thought as seated himself on the futon quickly, trying desperately to divert his attention to her alone. It proved to be quite trying. There were a few utterances under her breath that he couldn't quite hear, even with his sensitive ears... then her gaze began to soften. Positioning her frame beside the now rigid hanyou, she tentatively touched his hand.

"Huh?" He muttered at her actions, a confused glare replacing his previously stoic and fear ridden play. Her eyes looked down at their hands before looking back up at him, sighing, and speaking again.

"Inuyasha... what happened? /How /did this happen?" Inuyasha's reply was almost a whisper, he wasn't sure where Kagome was... but he could distinctly smell the faint odor of her tears spilling. More than anything he just wanted to be with her, stroking her hair until her breathing clamed and she eventually fell into slumber.

"I... I... it just... happened. Neither of us meant to but... Onegai... I..." He couldn't find his words and it was apparent that he was nervous as a blush spread across his cheeks; his face looking down into his lap.

"Inuyasha, can you answer me this one question Onegai?" His glare came up sharply.

"Nani... what is it?" nervously wringing the sleeve of his red Haori he looked everywhere but at her. Afraid to know.

"Inuyasha ... do you love my daughter? Are you in love with my daughter?" He brought his courage up to a level were he found himself able to look her straight in the eyes. The fear he had felt was replaced with something else, something so spectacular...

"Hai... I... I am very much so... you know." She looked upon him with an awe of curiosity.

"She, she needs a doctor... she wants me to take her to get checked Inuyasha, do you realize that she will not be returning to the feudal era for a while? I hope you do because... If there /is /something wrong, I will not allow her to return so soon."

"I... I know... If it's okay... I want to stay with her until we /can /go back. I... I just want her to be okay." He started to get nervous again and this time, Mrs. Higurashi was quick to notice.

"Inuyasha, are you okay?" His nervous stature turned into that of fear and worry. He tried to speak but found his head in his lap, vainly trying to hold back the tears that fell.

"I ... I can't be. She's not okay, this is my fault...I couldn't protect her... and I ... I need to be near her... I can smell her tears." Letting out a sigh, Mrs. Higurashi let her hand trail up to wipe away some of his tears. Before standing and walking from the room. Inuyasha took this as his permission to go and he leapt out the door, to Kagome's window. He could hear her wretched sobs as he neared the pane. Gotta stay strong Inuyasha... he thought as he wiped his own distended skin, slowly he opened the window.

"Kag... Kagome...?" His voice was quiet... almost a whisper, at first it even seemed that she didn't hear; until he heard a whimpered straggled version of his name coming from her muffled voice, through her pillow. In almost an instant, Inuyasha lay beside her on the bed and wrapped his arms around her shaking body. "Shhh, it's alright... Kagome shhh...tell me what's wrong." Her face peeked from the pillow she had so desperately been clinging to. His watch upon her softened as he reached down to kiss her stained skin. His hand grazing the side of her cheek, fingers entwining within her locks... he awaited her struggled response. Finally, she began to speak; her voice was broken and sullen.

"I...I'm sorry...I wish I could be stronger... this shouldn't have happened Inuyasha... I'm scared. For the first time in my life I am really scared, we fight demons, we face death every day... and yet now I am terrified." She clung to his Haori tightly and let her tears swell up again. "Inuyasha what if something is really wrong? What if I can /never /have children... your children...?" His ears perked at her words.

"/My /children? But... but Kagome... I'm just a hal-" Her head snapped up before he could finish and she interrupted him.

"NO! You are /not /just a half breed. I hate those words..." her eyes squeezed together tight as she brought her hands firmly to each side of his face "You are NOT just a half breed... such a vile word. You are better than any man I have ever known... please don't say that about the man I love... you protect me, and even though you don't say it... I /know /you love me. Why wouldn't I want to have your children? Kami, you deserve to have someone that stays by your side... someone who loves you... you have gone /far /too long without such." He was speechless; the only thing he could do was hold her tighter. "I love you sooo much Inuyasha..." she whispered breathlessly as she closed her eyes and let her body relax into his. Her tears had finally stopped, and sleep began to engulf her.

"Sometimes, I think I love you far too much wench..." He heard her let out a long needed sigh, and held her closer; if that were possible, kissing her on the forehead... he tried to surrender into sleep.

Sign up to rate and review this story