Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > the fire burns forever

that's just the kind of boy that I am

by meesheemooroo 0 reviews

Pete lied.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2014-09-10 - Updated: 2014-09-13 - 1715 words

0Unrated
"Good morning boy magnet!" Amelia said and I felt something soft hit me in the side of the head making me groan sleepily.

"Why!?" I groaned burring my face back into the couch.

"Because its 1pm, beautiful out and we should go to the park." She said. I knew she wouldn't give up so I sat up on the couch and she tossed a pair of grey skinny jeans at me and a tshirt.

We ended up talking about what happened last night with me and Pete and walking around the park for a while.

"I think I'm going to get a job." I announced.
"we should get a place together and be room mates." I said
"Maybe we could even get jobs at the same place." She said "hey look!"
She said stopping in front of the parks post board where lost animals are usually posted. "There's a band looking for a singer and guitar player." She said reading a paper.

"So?" I said taking a look at it.

"So you can do both. You should call since your deciding to change your whole life once your eighteen." She said with a smirk.

"But I'm not that great at either." I protested.

"You are! I've herd you play and sing, I don't know why you won't do it for anyone else. What could it hurt anyway?" She said.

"Awwww your such a good friend, but no." I said making her laugh a bit.

"Come on, you've been taking so many chances recently and I can see your changing into your own person, not to mention you've had pretty good luck with it too." She said making me remember what Pete had said last night about living in the moment without regret and took out my phone.

"Fine, you're right." I said taking the paper from her and dialing the number.

"Hello?" A guys voice answered on the third ring.

"Hey, I saw your notice in the park for the singer and guitar player." I said trying to hold back the nervousness in my voice as Amelia stared at me excitedly.

"Oh yeah? I'm Kevin, which one do you do?" He asked.

"I'm Paige Adams, I do both." I said.
"Great! Tryouts are Monday at five at my house, if you would be willing to come?"

"I would." I said.

"My address is 3729 Maple street. if you get lost or something, just call this number and I'll help you out." He said.

"Okay, thanks Kevin."

When I got off the phone, Amelia immediately wanted to know how it went so I had to go over the short conversation with her.

"Don't tell anyone in case I fail." I said.

"I think you'll do great, but I won't say anything. How are you going to tell your parents if you do get in?" She asked.

"I have my argument planned." I said. We spent the rest of the day looking for jobs, which was actually pretty fun.
-----

"hey Paige!How did study time go?" My dad asked from his leather chair in the living room still wearing his suit from work. My dad was skinny and tall and looked twenty years younger than he actually was, both of my parents did, they took care of them selves and wanted me to fit in too, but I was just a messy, snack food eating girl who felt like her patents wanted her to be more than she actually was.

"It went great, we even had time to relax at the park before I came home. We also put in some job applications as well." I said and saw my dad eyeing my loaned clothes from Amelia.

"That's awesome honey." My mom said stepping into the living room. Now my mom still stared at my clothes.

"I had nothing else to wear at Amelia's." I said. Their looks reminded me of the time Amelia had first came over for dinner and my parents stared at her as her lip rings clanged against the spoon as she ate soup.

"Paige were really glad your stepping up and becoming an adult." My dad said "but please don't become Amelia." He said with a smile.

"I'll go change." I smiled back. "Wait one more thing!" I said almost forgetting. "I wanted to know if I could go to to this band try out tomorrow?" I asked and watched their faces to see what kind of answer I would get.

"If you agree to put in some college applications." My dad said. I knew he would throw something he wanted into my dreams, but I agreed knowing it was the only way.
-------------


Today was going to be such a good day. I walked down the halls with a skip in my step. Amelia told me in second period she was waiting with Andy today too. I was excited when the bell wrong for lunch. I walked through the hall to where Patrick and I were supposed to meet by the main office when I saw him. He was smiling at me wearing jeans and a David Bowie shirt.

"You look different... not a bad different." He said.
"Thanks" I said giving his awkwardness a little chuckle.

"Do you like tacobell?" He asked as we walked toward the parking lot.

"Love it" I answered. "So do you work anywhere?" I asked trying to make small talk and get to know him.

"Yeah, I work at a record store downtown, you?" He asked.

"I just applied for a job yesterday with Amelia. Have you put in any college applications yet?" I asked.

"No, and my moms really upset about it its just not what I want to do. I guess if this band thing doesn't work out I'll be working at the record store forever." He joked.

"I know how you feel, my parents are making me put some in, so I kind of made a deal with them." I said after we got into his car.

"Oh? What is it?" He asked

"I just talked them into something they would never let me do, its kind of a secret."

"Oh, I see. Bartering with parents is a pretty good idea." He smiled.

----------
"So how is your guys music going? I mean you guys are pretty big in Illinois and stuff, got anything planned?" I asked then took a bite of my burrito.

"Were working on a couple songs, we already have a few CDs out, nothing big but were planning on doing a better produced one."

"You have CDs out?" I asked with my eyes wide.
"Yeah, I can bring you copies tomorrow, that is if Pete let's us come back to the apartment tonight."

"Huh?" I said with my stomach sinking.

"Pete threw us out the other night for some date, we had to spend the night at our parents houses...I guess its better than what he normally does. He normally doesn't give us a heads up and we hear crazy noises all night." He said

"I'm so sorry he did that, how horrible of him." I said in disgust.

"Don't apologize,its not your fault. Pete can be selfish sometimes but he's a pretty good dude if you look past him being such a player." Patrick said. I didn't want to tell him it actually was my fault. I knew one thing though, I'm pretty sure from what Patrick was saying Pete had lied to me the other night.

"Is he really that much of a player?" I questioned further.

"Like you wouldn't believe, I don't really want to bad mouth my best friend, but that's why I warned you about him the other night. I didn't want you to end up used like the other girls." Patrick said.

"Thank you Patrick, your such a sweet kid." I said. I sat there a moment as my sadness began to build up within me but I turned and hugged Patrick, it took him a minute to realize what was going on before hugging me back. We just sat there for a minute hugging; it made me feel good, it blanketed all the bad emotions Pete had left me with and traded them for good ones. When I pulled away from the hug Patrick became fidgety and awkward with a blush rising in his cheeks. He dropped the keys a couple times before apologizing then putting them into the ignition. We drove in silence back to the school parking lot, it wasn't weird there just seemed to be some invisible wall of tension that Patrick had out up.

"What are you doing tomorrow for lunch?" Patrick finally asked after we got back to the school parking lot.

"Amelia and Andy wanted to know if they could eat with us." I said.

"Joe should too, I feel bad about ditching him for lunch two days in a row.

" That would be cool, I want to meet him and andy anyway. But I never want to meet Pete again." I joked but I actually meant it.

"I don't blame you, he was creeping on you so bad the other day, blue eyes." Patrick teased.

"That's the worst nickname ever." I laughed.

"I don't think you'll have to worry about him anymore though." Patrick said

"Why I asked feeling kind of relieved.
"After his date the other night he said he fell in live and he's a changed man." Patrick rolled his eyes and my relief was gone and was replaced by whatever was the opposite.
We parked in the parking lot and got out of the car. "So I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked hopefully.

"Yeah! Same place?" I asked

"Yup" he nodded then went for a hug and hugged me tightly before we parted ways. He must of really liked the first hug. On the way to my next class I sent Pete a text.

"I know you lied, and I never want you to talk to me again." I hit send as I evesioned him exploding some how as I pressed the button, it made me feel better.

I was nothing but pissed for the rest of the day, I probably should of listened to Patrick from the beginning. Patrick, the man whose name numbed it all.
Sign up to rate and review this story