Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > the fire burns forever

redemption and stars

by meesheemooroo 0 reviews

Pete gets a second chance.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2014-09-06 - Updated: 2014-09-10 - 2898 words

0Unrated
on the way back to Amelia's house I asked her all about Andy. When we got to her house we washed the makeup off of our faces and put in a scary movie which neither of us had ever seen before. One of the kids in the woods were being chased by the killer when Amelia's door bell wrong making us both jump and squeel.
"I got it" she said laughing at our outburst and getting off the couch.
"No!what if its a killer!" I said.
"I doubt it" she laughed as she walked off to answer the door.
"If it is, you just got us killed!" I called to her.
"Close! Its creepy Pete!" She said making me winder why he was here or how he knew where Amelia lived.
"Don't let him in!" I called.
"Too late." Amelia said coming back into the living room but this time with Pete in tow. "He keeps asking for blue eyes." She smirked at me.
"Why are you here and how do you know where Amelia lives?" I demanded to know still looking at the movie.
"I followed you guys here." He stated and I looked at him like he was crazy.
"Stalker!" Amelia pointed at him and accused.
"Seriously? We've been here an hour or longer, if you followed us here what have you been doing outside all this time?" I asked very weirded out by him.
"Just chilling in my car." He said
"Double stalker" Amelia pointed and accused once again.
"I just want to talk. Maybe somewhere in private" he said glancing at Amelia.
"No, go home Pete." I dismissed.
"Please, Paige" he begged surprising me.
"Fine" I groaned as I got up off the couch. "Only because you used my real name though." I said.
"If he tries anything I have pepper spray" Amelia called as I led Pete into Amelia kitchen. I crossed my arms and leaned against the counter.
"I just wanted to apologize, for earlier. I know I acted like a total douche." He said very heartfeltly. His brown eyes turned very soft and I found myself getting list in them. "I couldn't get out of my car because I was so scared of coming in here. I just really think I like you."
"I'm sorry but Patrick-" I began but he cut me off.
"I know you like Patrick, I just..I don't know... I guess I just think you should give me a fair chance if you like me too." He said our bodies had some how gravitated closer together and his eyes made me dizzy and my heart raced at his words. But I wasn't totally blinded by him.
"Your twenty two, Pete." I stated. "I'm seventeen, don't you think people would find that a little weird?" I said.
"You look older than seventeen and I'm short for twenty two." He grinned.
"I don't know, I herd you get around a lot and I'm not too into that." I said.
"No. I date a lot of girls, I don't sleep with them... Actually, I having slept with any...you can't say anything though." He said "I don't even know why I'm telling you this." He said probably embarrassed.
"I really like Patrick though." I looked down shyly.
"Patrick doesn't need to know, I just wanted one chance." He said putting his finger under my chin to make me look up at him in his big brown eyes that had me squirming.
"Okay." I agreed quietly due to the fact I was lost in his eyes and beautiful features of his face. He leaned in slowly and gently kissed me then pulled away.
"See? I'm not a bad guy. You should probably think about changing my 'creepy Pete' nickname." He said.
"How's not so creepy Pete?" I asked making him laugh.
"Better, but We should get out of here before Amelia decides to break out that pepper spray." He laughed and we walked to the door and we exchanged phone numbers and I let him out the front door before returning to the movie with Amelia.
"Do you like him?" She asked breaking my daze like state abruptly.
"Huh? Who Pete? Yeah, I guess so." I said suddenly shy about the question.
"But he's creepy." She said.
"He seemed like a real person in the kitchen, I don't know why he acted like such a douche earlier. He's really not that bad." I shrugged.
"But what about Patrick, you like him too right? I mean its okay if you do." She said.
"I think I'm just going to give them both a shot." I said.
"That plan doesn't sound too bad" she said.
My text message time went off and I saw that it was a message from my dad.
"How's studying going?" He asked and I showed the text to Amelia and we laughed about it.
"Grueling, we'very been over the same chapter three times just to make sure we get it." I answered.
"Be sure to get some sleep too, its just as important." He replied.
"Okay dad, night" I sent to him. My phone went off again and I expected it to be my dad bit it was Pete.
"Hey, what are you doing?" His text said.
"Still watching a movie with Amelia, what about you?" I asked
"Just laying here in bed, thinking we should hang out soon." He said
"We definitely should when were you thinking?" I asked. Was I actually flirting back with him? Who was I?
"I was thinking now. We can watch a movie at my house." He said
"still texting your dad?" Amelia asked.
"No, its Pete. He's trying to convince me to go to his house." I said.
"You should." She said
"But he's creepy pete, remember?" I said.
"You said he wasn't so bad, you should go." She said.
"I don't know, he said he just wants to watch a movie which is exactly what I'm doing here, so I might as well stay and not leave you alone." I said
"Yeah right, just a movie? Yeah and we've been home studying the while night." She said then saw the fear on my face.
"Don't worry, you should go. I owe you for the whole disappearing with Andy thing earlier."
"Are you sure?" I asked
"Go" she smiled.
"Sounds fun." I sent to Pete then thanked Amelia.
"Be there in twenty." Pete sent back.
"Your not going looking like that, are you?" Amelia pointed out and In looked down at the pajamas I had borrowed from her. "Let's get you fixed up." She said and took my hand and led me up to her room.
Fifteen minutes later I found myself standing in front of her bathroom mirror once again wondering how she did all of this so quickly. If it was possible I looked even more emo than before.
"Who am I?" I laughed and she got this sinister grin but be for I could ask what it was for she disappeared and returned seconds later holding something up still wearing that same grin.
"No, no way! I've never worn heels in my life! I can't walk in those!" I said imagining myself falling like an idiot in front of Pete.
"Just try it." She pleaded. I took the pair of neon green heels and shoved them on my feet and mumbled things about looking stupid and falling. I looked as if asking 'now what' and she told me to walk. She watched carefully as I began to walk in circles in the bathroom realizing it wasn't so bad.
"See?" She asked lifting an eyebrow at me knowing she was right. We herd the ringing of the door bell and Amelia ran down the stairs and I followed her but slowly, due to the shoes.
I walked up to the door that Amelia had already opened and Pete appeared before me.
His eyes widened and his mouth opened a little bit at the sight of me.
"Have fun you two." Amelia said as she pushed me out the door.
"You look so beautiful." Pete looked over at me with this smile that made my head spin as he drove. This wasn't me though and he needed to know.
"I don't normally look like this, I'm kind of a geek. My parents are pretty strict so I don't wear things like this." I said deciding to tell the truth but he just shrugged.
"How long until you're free?" He smiled.
"Three months." I said.
"So your spending the weekend like you would if you were eighteen?" He asked with a bit of a laugh. He was probably thinking I was just a silly teenager right now.
"I guess." I said
"Do you like the free feeling?" He asked.
"Yeah, but I think it might just be some sort of an illusion." I said and he looked back over at me with an eyebrow raised as if intrigued and to ask what I meant. "I'm afraid once I'm eighteen it won't be like this, I wont get the same kind of rush. I'm worried it will be all about work and bills and worries." I said.
"I promise you'll never feel that way with me, besides you have to live for the moment and not worry about reprocussions sometimes. You're only as young as you let your heart be." He said as we pulled up to an apartment. We walked up some stairs and he unlocked the door and led me into the seemingly empty apartment.
"I'll give you the grand tour. We are currently standing in the kitchen, but you could probably tell by the sink that's over run with dishes."
"What sink?" I asked looking around.
"Exactly." He replied and led me directly into the little living took that was connected right on to the kitchen.
"This is Patrick's favorite room, the living room" he said. There were two doors in the living room and two in the kitchen.
"There's the bathroom," he pointed to one of the doors in the kitchen " and there's Patrick's room, wanna see?" He asked and I noodded and he led me over and opened the door. Inside was a very small room with a full sized bed that blocked most of the closet and a dresser that a TV and a DVD player sat on. There was also a small window that let some light in.
Pete pointed out Joe and Andy's room in the living room and then led me to a room I hadn't noticed before between the kitchen and living room. this one was much bigger and had nightmare before Christmas posters and Edward scissor hands posters and band posters all over the walls kind of like Amelia's room only neater and darker.
"Hey! I love nightmare before Christmas!" I said cheerfully.
"Then your going to love my arm." He smirked and sat down on his bed and rolled up his tight white short sleeved shirt. I sat down on the bed with him and held his arm in my hands and looked it over.
"This is so cool!" I said tracing the tattoos with my fingers making him smile.
"Oh, here's your arm back." I said realizing I was still checking it out.
"Keep it." He laughed.
"Wouldn't it be pretty hard to play bass with one arm?" I joked.
"Your right, then I'd have to get an actual job." He smiled. He didn't have a job? He's 22 how did he get money?
"We all get some money from shows and my parents help me out." He said possibly reading my expression."are you bored? I'm bored." He said confusing me even more, maybe he was just changing the subject.
"I guess so." I said.
"Come on." He said taking my hand and leading me back outside to his car.
"Where are we going?" I asked after we started driving.
"This really cool place I go to think." He said "don't worry its just down the road" he said and stopped about a minute later.
We parked across the street from a cemetery and I followed him out of the car. He grinned as he ducked through a hole in the old fence. I stared hesitantly at the old cemetery, it looked so creepy, especially in the middle of the night like this.
"Come on" he said trying to hold back a smile. "Don't be scared, their all six feet under so they probably couldn't even dig themselves out if they wanted to...you know, unless they were super human like in some zombie movies, but I think the chances are low of them returning from the grave or being super human." He said. I didn't know if what Pete was saying was supposed to make me less freaked out or not. He held out his hand for me through the person sized hole in the fence and I decided not to think about it anymore and take it. Once I stepped through the hole he keep hold of my hand and led me through the tombstones. As we walked with our hands held our arms kept touching like he had some sort of magnetizing pull about him.
Finally he played down on a hill in the grass next to a mausoleum with his hands behind his head. I looked at him and laughed before he pulled me down too. I situated myself in the grass just like he was. We watched the sky for a moment and I counted the stars.
"Its funny, there are never stars out here like this, were too close to town." He said turning his head to look at me with his dark eyes. "Everything must be better with you my tattoos, my shows, conversations, and the sky." He said making me smile. "Since I met you today... er yesterday" he said remembering it was after midnight. "You've just made me feel crazy and new. Trust me, I don't really track girls down like I did earlier, sorry about that by the way." He said. The stars made his face slightly lit.
"I'm glad you did." I smiled at him. He interlaced his fingers again with mine, they were warm and kind of rough. His thumb ran over mine gently as I breathed in the night air.
"I don't care how you dress, I just wanted you to know... I mean you brought it up in the car." He said a little nervously.
"Thank you Pete." I said and we went silent again as the stars danced in front of our eyes.
"I meant what I said in the car though, you could feel free with me all the time." He said.
"How do you expect to do that?" I asked laughing a little bit. He didn't answer but sat up on his elbow and press his lips to mine. It was quicker than the one from earlier, it was like a symbol clap or lightning, there was some sort of electricity flowing through my body. He put his hand under the back of my neck pulling me in to deepen the kiss. His tongue slid gracefully into my mouth and my mined was suddenly running with a thousand thoughts per second, a million doubts, a trillion what ifs but his warm hand on my side quickly drowned them out. As his hand touched the bare skin on my stomach making me shiver as it slid upwards, I only had one thought running through my mind then, I decided to act on it.
"Pete." I said firmly stopping him in his tracks. He let me get up.
"Sorry, got carried away." He said sheepishly. "We should go back, I'm afraid If I return you too late to Amelia she'll mace me." He said
"Your really worried about that mace, aren't you?" I laughed.
"Oh yeah, I've been maced before, its awful." He said making me give him a worried look as he helped me up off the grass. "Its not what you think, it was a dare." He smiled.
"I was really concerned that some girl might of maced you." I teased.
"Nice to know you still look at me as creepy Pete." He laughed and helped me back out of the hole in the fence.
"You're not what I thought you were, your not actually that douchey guy that I met at the show, your actually pretty sweet." I smiled and said after we had got into the car.
We drove for a bit.
"I'm selfish though." He said and I waited a moment for him to continue. "I know its Patrick's shot next, but I want you. He's my best friend but I don't want him to have his chance. I wish this could just be it. But your not going to want me, I'm up all night because if the antidepressants, I'm depressed, I don't have a job. Patrick just has more going for him than me, I'm defective." He said.
"I don't see you as defective, your original, and yourself and fun." I said making him smile.
"We should do this more often, plus or minus the making out, that part is up to you" he grinned.
"I can't, my parents remember?" I said sadly.
"We'll figure something out, besides only three more months." He reminded me.
Sign up to rate and review this story