Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > the fire burns forever

so many kids but I only see you.

by meesheemooroo 0 reviews

Paige meets a guy at the show who is quite a bit like herself, but she's also being harassed by a creep.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-09-05 - 1609 words

0Unrated
Amelia and I drove up an incline leading to the old cliff where this show was supposed to be we followed the other cars until we found a place to park.
"how are you feeling about this?" She asked.
"More nervous than scared now." I said. We got out of the car and walked a little unit we saw where everything was set up on the cliff. There was a makeshift stage And pretty lanterns handing from the trees illuminating everything. I wondered how they managed to get electricity up here as the first band went on. Over the crowd of kids our age and a little bit older, I could see the Chicago skyline as the took on a pink and orange hue of the sun about to set. This was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.
"Hey!there he is!" Amelia said excitedly as she pointed to a red haired guy with glasses, I knew it was the guy she liked.
"There is who?" A voice asked from right behind us making us jump And then turn around to see who had just scared us. It was a short dark haired boy with hair sort of like how Amelia had fixed mine. He was quite obviously wearing girl jeans and a tight T-shirt with eyeliner smeared on his brown eyes that he booked like he had slept in.
"No one!" Amelia piped up defensively.
"Oh, I'm Pete. You two are" he asked with a grin.
"I'm Amelia,and this is Paige."
"Amelia, that guy over there likes you, you should go talk to him." Pete pointed at Amelia's shaggy red haired crush.
"Really,how do you know?" She asked rather excitedly making me smile at the goofy look on her face.
"He's my friend" Pete replied.
"Can I-" Amelia began but I cut her off.
"Go" I said urging her with a reassuring smile and she trotted off happily.
"Your eyes are intensely blue." Pete said.
"Thanks." I replied almost rolling my eyes at him.
"So how old are you blue eyes?" He asked.
"Its Paige." I said correcting him. "And old enough"
"I know your name, and its very pretty. How come I having seen you around here before?" He asked making small talk. I might as well be nice to him considering he was the only one here talking to me.
"I don't really go to things like this." I said.
"You should more often." He said. Someone called his name and he apologized to me before taking off. I felt a bit Awkward so I went over to the drink area that was set up to see if they had anything nonalcoholic I could drink. To my surprise there was a cooler full of soda. I reached in and got a mountain dew.
"Could you get me one of those too?" A soft voice asked from behind me. I reached into the cooler and took a second one out and turned around to hand it to the guy behind me who was patiently waiting on it. The guy had a hat on and shaggy blondish brown hair with mutton chops just visible poking out from under his hat. he wore kind of tight jeans and a blue and white Michigan shirt. He smaller at me awkwardly as he thanked me.
"No problem, what's your name?" I asked trying to make a friend.
"Patrick, what's yours?" He asked
"Paige. No offence at all, but you don't fit in around here, and its kind of awesome." I said making nervously chuckle.
"I don't, I don't think I would be here at all if my band wasn't playing. Why is it awesome?" He asked cracking open his soda.
"Because I secretly don't fit in here either, my best friend, who I lost, dressed me up like this. I swear I'm note normal looking." I smiled. Patrick looked at me a second before he shoved his free hand in his pocket and spoke.
"Do you go to Glenview highschool?" He asked.
"Why? Is it really that obvious I'm in highschool?" I asked kind of sadly.
"No,no. It's just that you look familiar. I go there too." He said now that he mentioned it he did seem sort of familiar too, he just had one of those faces that went unoticed in the sea of kids in school unless you got to know him.
"I do go to Glenview high school, and I think we might have a class together...calculous! Right before lunch!" I said remembering.
"I-I know." He stuttered then tried to change the subject. "So you meet anyone cool here?" He asked as he scanned the crowd.
"Only you, but I did meet This creepy guy that came up to me and just keep calling me blue eyes, even after I told him my name. Then he just took off." I said making Patrick laugh
"So what do you do in your band?" I asked
"Rhythm guitar and vocals, I'm not that great at either though, I found this band and tried out to be the drummer... but evidently it didn't work out."
"I play guitar and sing too, but I'm probably not that great at it either." I shrugged.
"Oh shoot! I hate to bee like that creepy guy from earlier, but my band is about to go on. Do you want to continue this conversation after the show?" He asked and I nodded.
"I'm warning you, I'm not great." He said and gave me a smile before he walked off.
"There you are!" I herd as I moved closer to the stage. I turned around to see Amelia.
"I've been looking for you!" She came over to stand next to me as we looked up at the stage.
"Saw you talking to a guy in a hat." She winked at be.
"Yeah, that was Patrick he's the singer of the band that's about to go on." I said
"Andy is the drummer!" She said. "After the show he told me to meet him by his van." She said.
"Sounds sketchey" I laughed. "Patrick wants to talk more after the show too." I said. What ever Amelia was about to say was cut off by four boys going on the stage. Two of them were Andy and Patrick, the third a short curly haired guy armed with a guitar and the fourth was creepy Pete. Amelia and I looked at each other in surprise as Pete threw on his bass and spoke into the microphone.
"This first song is called Saturday, sing along if you know it." He said and the sing abruptly began.
I looked around to see the crowd of kids singing along, Amelia told me they were a popular band in Chicago, but I find realize how much of that was true. Another thing I underestimated was Patrick's voice, he had led me to believe he sucked but quite the opposite was true, he was much better than I was.
After about five songs they finished and Amelia took off to meet up with Andy and to my horror, Pete had jumped directly off the stage and was heading directly for me.
"Hey blue eyes, enjoy the show?" He asked.
"It was pretty good." I said
"So what art you doing after this?" He asked.
"Going back to my best friends house." I said unfaltering.
"The guys are going to be gone tonight, if you want to come watch a movie at my house." He said. I herd someone calling for me and running up to Pete and I and saw Patrick.
"You two know each other?" Patrick asked.
"I just met her earlier." Pete said. I was glad that Patrick unknowingly came to save me from Pete's persistence.
"Wait." Patrick said lifting an eyebrow at me. "Pete wouldn't happen to be the creepy guy from earlier, would he?" Patrick said right in front of Pete, And I just nodded.
"How do you two know each other?" Pete asked blowing off the fact that I called him creepy.
"We go to the same school." Patrick said matter of factly making some kind of shock pop up on Pete's face.
"So she's..." Pete said in realization.
"About my age, if not younger." Patrick said concerning Pete's realization.
"So that's a no to hanging out then?" Pete asked me.
"Pete." Patrick said kind of firmly and Pete rolled his eyes and walked off hesitantly.
"He's my friend, but you've got to watch out for him." Patrick said "oh by the way, I think our friends have a think for each other he said nodded in the direction of Andy and Amelia holding hands.
"She's my friend but he's got to watch out for her." I grinned making him let out a laugh.
"Oh hey! I was going to ask in you wanted to play together sometime." My stomach dropped in fear.
"I don't know, I'm kind of shy and I've only sand in front of my best friend before." I said hoping he would let it go.
"It's okay, we can suck together." He smiled.
"You're really good though." I said taking it upon myself to change the subject.
"Thanks." He said looking down at his black converse shoes as he blushed. "Maybe we can plan something fun to do while were in calculous Monday... I mean, if you want to hang out again or something." He said.
"Yeah" I said more excitedly than I wanted to let out. Hus head shot up in surprise to look at me.
"Great! I guess Ill see you Monday then." He said
Sign up to rate and review this story