Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Let Yourself Go

Chapter two

by RebeccaRevenge 0 reviews

I froze. He was right. How am I going to explain this to him? I can’t tell him the truth, that’s for sure.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2014-09-12 - 1521 words

0Unrated
“Dude, I just got to town and guess who I ran into?”

I rolled over onto my side. Ugh I wish Daniel didn’t have to talk too loud on the phone every morning when he knows I’m not a morning person. Sometimes I think he’s doing it on purpose just to be a total dick.

“What the hell? No not Jason. I fucking hate that guy.”

Jason? Who’s Jason? I used to go to high school with a Jason. I think he hated my group of friends, but then again he was Daniel’s best friend. Wait why would Daniel hate his best friend?

“Clementine. I fucking ran into Clem. Seriously! She looks exactly the same. It’s as if she hasn’t aged at all.”

My heart began to race when I finally realized that that wasn’t Daniel’s voice and I shot open my eyes. I quickly scanned the room and panicked when I didn’t recognize where I was. I saw my gun on the dresser across from me and I quickly jumped from the bed I was laying in and grabbed the gun. I spun around and pointed it to whoever was in the room with me. He looked up to me with big hazel eyes; he didn’t seem to be scared at all, and that made me a little mad.

“Hey I gotta go. I need to piss. Talk to you later,” He hung up his phone and didn’t take his eyes off me.

“Who are you? Where am I?” I asked in what seemed to me was a fierce voice.

He frowned and quickly turned his head to look into the mirror that was attached to the desk and looked at himself briefly. “Have I really gotten that old?” he asked.

“I’m not gonna ask you again.”

He looked back at me with sad eyes and I suddenly felt nostalgic. “You really don’t remember me? That’s fucked up Clementine. What has these ten years done to you?” he asked. “It’s me. Frank?”

I immediately felt tears sting my eyes and lowered my gun. “Holy shit, dude.”

“Oh, man, don’t cry. If you cry I’m going to cry and it’s going to be a big fucked up mess.” He got out of his chair and took a step towards me.

I looked down and I remembered all the stuff that just happened. The robbery. Running away. Daniel is going to kill me. “I, uh, I gotta go.” I said quickly, wiping away the tears on my cheeks.

“Whoa, wait, what? I’m not going to ask you what kind of fucked up shit you’ve been up too lately, but I’m not letting you leave.”

“How do you even know I’ve been involved with anything? You could be wrong you know.” I looked around the floor for my shoes. “Why the hell did you take off my shoes?”

“Because I remember you like your feet to be free while you sleep,” he said. “And I know I’m not wrong because you have a goddamn gun with you.”

I froze. He was right. How am I going to explain this to him? I can’t tell him the truth, that’s for sure. I sat on the bed and put the gun next to me. I felt tears run down my cheek again and I held my head in my hands. I felt the bed go down as Frank sat next to me. He hesitantly put his hand on my leg, trying to comfort me.

“Look, you don’t need to tell me anything if you don’t want too, but I’m here for you, alright?” he sighed. “I know we have been through some things, but it’s been ten years, Clem, and I regret the shit that I have done to you, but I am a changed person. I promise you.”

I looked up at him. “Has it really been ten years?” I gave him a little smile.

He chuckled. “Unfortunately.”

“You haven’t gotten old either, Frank. You look the same.” I said.

He grinned. “I knew I still had my looks.”

I laughed something I haven’t done in awhile. “What are you doing here anyways? I thought you moved to California?”

He gave me a confused look. “Are you serious?”

“What?”

“I’m here for the funeral…?”

I returned the confused look. “Who’s funeral?”

He was quiet for a second. “Holy shit, you really don’t know.”

“Frank…?”

He let out a big breath and ran his fingers through his long hair. “Clem, Mason died a week ago. His funeral is tomorrow. That’s why I’m here.”

My heart dropped. “You’re lying.”

He sadly shook his head. “I really wish I was,” he sighed and scratched the back of his head.
“Do you want to know what happened?”

I sat straight up and leaned towards him. “Well, yeah. That’s my baby brother, Frank.” I bit my lip. “Can you tell me what he has been up too first? I haven’t seen him in so long…”

“Why? I thought you guys were close?” Frank asked.

Tears started to sting my eyes again. “Just…tell me,” I looked into his eyes. “Please.”

He stared back at me, studying my face. “Okay,” he gave me a little smile. “Well, shortly after you left to come here in New York, he was offered a full scholarship at NYU.”

I bit my lip, trying not to cry. “Really? Why didn’t he try to get a hold of me?”

Frank gave me a weird look. “He did. You never had the time to meet up. After awhile he just gave up.”

I felt like I couldn’t breathe. “Did…did he talk to Daniel?”

“Yeah.”

I jumped up to my feet and covered my face with my hands. I can’t believe Daniel did this to me. He never told me that my brother was here; he never told me that he tried to meet up with me. I started to feel this anger build up inside me. I screamed into my hands and let the tears fall. Frank was by my side in an instant.

“Clementine? Dude, are you okay?” Worry filled his voice.

I looked at him with tear filled eyes. “What happened to him?

Frank bit his lip. “I’m not sure if-“

I interrupted him. “Just tell me. I want to know.”

Frank was quiet for a second. “He killed himself, Clem. He jumped out his apartment window.”

I sat back on the bed and looked at Frank. “Do you want to know what I’ve been doing all these years, Frank?”

“Uhh-“

“I’ve been getting mentally and physically abused every fucking day. I didn’t even want to come to this shit city. Daniel made me come here because he didn’t want me to be around my family anymore. That’s why I didn’t see Mason, that’s why I haven’t talked to my parents or any of my family for that matter,” I was sobbing at this point. “I hate myself for not leaving sooner. I hate myself so fucking much, Frank.” I looked down. “Now, I’m on the run from my crazy boyfriend because I’m terrified that he’s gonna find me and hurt me because I ran out on him yesterday during a fucking bank robbery he forced me into, and now you’re a part of my shit storm.” I looked down at my lap and tried to get a hold of myself.

“Clementine. Look at me please.” Frank said, softly.

I wiped away my tears and looked up. “Yeah?”

“Nothing is going to happen to you, okay? You’re with me now, and I promise you that I’m not going to let anything happen to you, alright?”

I shook my head. “Daniel is fucking crazy, Frank.”

“I don’t give a shit. He may be a foot taller than me, but I’m sure as hell tougher than he is. He’s not going to find and hurt you anymore.” He put his hand over mine. “Okay?”

I smiled weakly at him. “Why does it feel like everything you just said should’ve been a part of a Nicholas Sparks novel?”

He let out a loud laugh, a sound that I didn’t know I missed until then. “Well, Clementine. Your new life starts right here in this nasty, shitty hotel room.” He wrapped me in his arms and squeezed. “I’ve missed you so damn much, kid.”




Hey guys! I'm sorry if this chapter isn't as good as the first one. I've been in a weird writing funk for a long time and I've been going through some stuff lately, but i really do appreciate everyone who has taken the time to read this! You guys rule :) Leave a comment or a rate and let me know what you guys think! Have a good day, everyone!
Sign up to rate and review this story