Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > There's No Room In This Hell

We're All Dead Now

by DarknessBliss 1 review

Home Sweet...Grave?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2014-09-15 - 1453 words

-1Illiterate
Ch.4: We're All Dead Now

“To be honest, I thought your prom would end at midnight,” Natalie’s mother chatted to the two of towards the backseat of her Taurus when she received Natalie’s call about picking them up.
“Not every prom ends at midnight, Mom,” said Natalie. “Things change over time.”
“Speaking of changes,” her mom turned to look at Gerard. “Who’s your friend there?”
“Gerard Way,” he answered.
“Are you a friend of Natalie’s?” she asked him.
He took a quick look at Natalie before saying yes.
“How nice!” her mom gushed. “I was beginning to worry about her. Ever since her freshman year at Belleville, she hasn’t had one single friend. Sure, she had study partners but it wasn’t what I called friendship. I just hope you’ll take care of her, Gerard.”
“I will, Mrs. Garnett,” he said. He looked over at her and he could tell in the dark that she was embarrassed.
“Okay, mom. Enough please,” she said solemnly.
“Okay. We’re almost home and you could call your mom on our phone, Gerard,” said Mrs. Garnett.
“Thank you,’ he said.
That was a lie that both Gerard and Natalie made up so that he could stay at her house without raising any suspicions.

They finally got to Natalie’s house and they got through the door. Mrs. Garnett went in first and immediately went to the kitchen, “I’ll be in the kitchen if you guys need me.”
Both Gerard and Natalie stood in the foyer until Natalie said, “Let’s head up to my room.”
They climbed up the stairs and went to the last room in the hall. Natalie opened the door and Gerard in first.
Her room was painted in a midnight plum color and her ceiling was lined with white Christmas lights. Her walls were covered with carved-out wooden black cats and posters of horror movies. She had three candle-shaped lights on her nightstand.
Gerard’s reaction to her room, “Isn’t it a little early for Halloween?”
Natalie ignored his remark, “Look, I’m going to change out of these bloody clothes, so turn around, okay?”
“Why don’t I just leave the room?” asked Gerard.
“You really want to be out there with my mom?”
“Touché”
He turned around and Natalie slipped off her shoes. Then she turned herself around and unzipped her dress and pulled it down her body.
Although he had his back turned, he turned his head to sneak a peek. He saw the smoothness of her back and her red-tipped locks shining against the dim light. He turned back and felt a very strange feeling. A feeling he hasn’t felt since he died.
Longing.
Natalie got her dress off and went into her closet. She fished out a navy blue sweater and a short brown pleated skirt. She fluffed her hair and told Gerard, “Okay. You can look now.”
He turned and saw what she wore, “Whoa, what happened to the gothic prom girl I was with?”
She fidgeted a little, “I’m not really a total Goth. I just like dark stuff. I’m more like a misfit than a Goth.”
“Ah,” he understood now.
She walked over to her bed and sat down. She motioned him to sit next to her. He walked over and sat down. They were silent for a minute until Natalie asked, “Did it hurt?”
“What-?” Gerard didn’t know what she was getting at.
She looked at him. Her jade green eyes trying to pierce through his hazel green ones, “When you were killed, did it hurt when you died?”
“Oh,” he was kind of speechless. Nobody asked him that before. He couldn’t really remember how it felt when he was dying. He only remembered when he did die. “Well, all I felt was that my soul was leaving my body. Seeing the air instead of just feeling it. I couldn’t feel anything anymore. I was…I was free. But it was only when I finally died.”
Natalie nodded, “I often wondered what it was like to die. I keep imaging that it would be painful.”
Gerard scooted closer, “I think you would only feel pain if you die in a painful way. Um, you never thought about…trying it, have you?”
“Oh! No! No…I would never…” Natalie shook her head.
“Good,” he said. “Nobody should go through this. Not like I did.”
“You should’ve have died at all,” she said.
“I didn’t choose to die,” he argued. “It just happened. I couldn’t stop it.”
Natalie let out a guilty nose flare. She shouldn’t have said that like he could’ve avoided death. Now she felt like an insensitive bitch. “I’m sorry…”
“It’s fine,” he said in an exasperated voice. He didn’t mean to sound cruel. He wasn’t mad at her. He hates to bring up his death in every conversation he had with somebody.
Deciding to change the subject, Natalie asked, “Exactly how crazy is Father Danielson?”
Gerard gave her a look, “Do you see me here?”
“Yes”
“And you believe that I’m a zombie?”
“Yes”
“Then that should tell you that he’s totally fucking crazy”.
Natalie raised an eyebrow, “No need to be sarcastic.”
“Then don’t make it easy for me to do so,” he said with a challenging smirk.
“Fine. Think of something. I’m trying to figure out how we’re going to stop him without getting ourselves killed,” she said. “Or, in your case, killed again.”
“Well…” Gerard began.
CRASH!! The sound of a window breaking downstairs. CLOMP CLOMP CLOMP…heavy footsteps that didn’t belong to her mother.
AAHHH!!!”
That scream belonged to her.
Gerard and Natalie busted out of the room and hurled themselves downstairs. When reached the floor of the foyer, they stood before two zombie prom-goers; groaning and shuffling slowly through the busted door.
Natalie grabbed an umbrella from the coat rack and shoved the sharp point of the umbrella into the bloodshot eye of the prom-goer. It dropped down like a bag of cement, dead again to the world.
“Come on!” Gerard yelled; grabbing Natalie’s hand and rushing to the kitchen.
They found Natalie’s mom in the kitchen, shaking like hell and holding a spatula like a gun. She sighed in relief when she that it was them. But her fright came back, “What are those things?!”
“Zombies, Mom,” said Natalie. “We need to get out of here now.”
“Right!” she dropped the spatula to the floor and pointed to the back door. “There”.
“Wait!” Gerard barked. “Don’t open -“
But he was too late. Mrs. Garnett swung the door open and a dead teenage boy in a tuxedo with his hand in her face was the last she ever saw before he shoved his arm through her screaming gaping mouth until his hand came out through the back of her head.
“NO!!” Natalie screamed in sheer horror. That fucking zombie killed her mom!
Whether it was the grief of losing her mother or the need to stop them, Natalie’s body was set on KILL. She grabbed him and threw him to the floor. He tried to use his free arm to get her, but she slammed her foot down on it. She opened a nearby drawer and pulled out a wooden meat mallet. She brought it down to the zombie’s mouth, breaking most of his teeth. Then she slammed it repeatedly on his head until bits of brain exploded through the top of his skull. Even after that, she still hammered onto his head with a crazy grin tattooed across her lips.
“Natalie, stop!” Gerard came behind her, grabbing the meat mallet from her hand. “He’s dead. We have to go now.”
Natalie took one last look at her now brutally mutilated mother while Gerard to the key hooks and grabbed the car keys. They went out the door and Natalie could feel hot sad tears flowing out her eyes like raging oceans.
They scrambled across the yard and went out the gate. They ran down the driveway and hopped into her mom’s car. Gerard started the engine while three zombies ran over to the car. He glared at them as he hit the accelerator and backed the car into them before speeding off in the road.

A/N: I wrote this story about seven months ago before my old laptop screwed up and I had to buy a tablet. It's not over. If you want more, please tell me. I don't want to continue and find out nobody's reading it
Sign up to rate and review this story