Categories > TV > Supernatural > Alternate Reality

Cooper's Place

by FrankIsMySexGod 1 review

Burgers for breakfast and teacher's house touring.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-11-09 - 2725 words

0Unrated
As soon as I woke up I practically lunged towards my phone. It’s like a morning routine for me. Or in this case an afternoon routine. It was almost 1 in the afternoon so I definitely had a big lie in. Once I unlocked my phone I noticed that I had a few texts so I opened and replied to them.

Hey. Are you in the mysterious land of America yet? I’m about to go to work now. I don’t know what time it is where you are so I hope I didn’t wake you up. Not too early anyway. ;) – Hozzie

Good day to you my British chum. I am indeed in the far away land of which you speak. I haven’t had a morning in America yet though. I only just woke up and it’s gone 1 o’clock now. Whoops. – Penina

Then I checked my next one.

Good morning Penina. As you are my only student I was wondering what subjects you’d like to do so I can sort out a timetable. Hope you’re well. – Cooper

I’ll send you an email in a bit. How’s your penultimate Monday at school? – Penina

Then the last one.

Henry just shoved a whole packet of gummy worms in his mouth then choked half way through and fell over on his chair. He’s fine but it was hilarious. – Milly

Ha! What an idiot. I miss you guys.  - Penina

I got up and went to the bathroom. I did all the usual stuff and then got dressed. I got my phone from my room and then realised I didn’t exactly know where everything else in this house was. Usually I could find my way around a house, but this wasn’t exactly a house. I didn’t have much time to examine it yesterday but with the amount of time it took just to walk to my room I could tell that it was a mansion. It usually takes seconds to walk from room to room. In this case from the front door to my room it took about 2 minutes. I walked around until I found some stairs. When I went downstairs I was greeted by Danneel and Jensen sitting on the play mat with JJ.

“Hi Penina. Did you find everything okay?” Danneel asked.

“Yeah. Fine.” I lied.

“Do you want anything to eat? I know you just woke up but I made some burgers.” Jensen said.

“Ooh. Yeah that sounds good.” I said walking to the kitchen behind them. Jensen got up and walked with me. He handed me a plate and some ketchup in case I wanted it. Which I did. I didn’t usually have lunch for breakfast, but to be honest my whole brain felt weird. Burgers being the first thing I eat today wouldn’t be the weirdest.

“So, have you spoken to your mother recently?” Jensen bought up. I slowly swallowed my first bite of burger and shook my head.

“No. I texted her the address for her to send the rest of my things, but no. I haven’t spoken to her.” I answered. There was a moment of pregnant silence before I spoke up again. “This is really good. Is there any orange juice without any bits?” I asked. Jensen coughed awkwardly and nodded his head.

“Yeah. So I actually wanted to ask you something else. Usually on Tuesday nights one of the families in our group makes dinner for the others. Jared and Misha as well as us. Well tomorrow night it’s our turn to host I guess you could say.” He said while pouring and handing me my orange juice.

“Okay?” I asked wondering what he was getting at.

“It’s just that I know you’re still getting used to things. It’s totally up to you if you want it to happen or not. I mean we could cancel, or maybe go to one of their houses. Whatever you’re comfortable with.” He explained.

“Oh. Well I’m fine with it. I’m gonna meet them all at some point anyway, right?” I said.

“Yeah, but I was just thinking…” Jensen began.

“It’s fine. Really.” I answered polishing off what was left of my burger. My phone buzzed so I took it out to check it.

Can you be sure to send it within the hour then? I don’t want to be a dick but I have a deadline. – Cooper

I giggled, making Jensen and Danneel turn to face me.

“What’s so funny?” Danneel asked. I just shrugged.

“Inside joke.” I lied. I just always laugh when he swears and he knows it. “Do you guys have a computer I can use?”

“Sure, but don’t you have your own?” Jensen asked.

“Yeah, but I don’t have an adapter for my plugs. I just need to send an email really quickly.” I answered. Jensen nodded his head and got out a laptop from somewhere in the room with JJ and Danneel. Probably near a bookcase or something. I logged into my email account and started a draft.

Good day to you Mr Howell.

My choices are as follows;
Drama, Film Studies, Creative Writing, Music and Cookery.
Please confirm that this is sufficient for the lessons you will be teaching.

Yours truly,
Penina “Ackles”

P.S. nice choice of words.

I then sent it and sent him a text to tell him I sent the email.

“All done?” Jensen asked. I nodded my head.

“Yeah. Thanks.” I said. “So, you know how I mentioned the fact that I don’t have an adapter plug?” I said in a tone which let him know I wanted something.

“Yeah…?”

“Can you tell me where the nearest place to get one is and let me go? If it’s too long of a distance for me I’ll tell you, but I just really want to do my first thing on my own here.” I asked. He sighed and shook his head.

“Not right now. It’s just because you really don’t know the area very well, not to mention the fact that you don’t really know what the outside of this house even looks like. Maybe in a week or so.” He suggested.

“Well that’s not entirely true. I know it’s a massive house. Palm trees and everything are outside.” I spoke.

“Just like the whole neighbourhood. One day I’ll set up a field trip with you and Cooper. You can explore the neighbourhood.” He suggested. I sighed and nodded my head in defeat.

“Fine. But I do actually need an adapter.” I said.

“Well, I was just about to go on a walk with JJ. If you want you can join us and we could stop off and get one on the way? Jensen over here is going to be doing some gardening anyway.” Danneel suggested. We both turned to look at her. I smiled nervously and nodded my head.

“Yeah, that sounds good.” I said. I love Danneel so far. I really do. I just don’t want to screw anything up with her. She’s the one Jensen fell in love with. She’s the one that I feel could essentially make or break this whole deal. Besides, she’s the mother of JJ, the daughter that he got to keep out of love.

“Great. I’ll just get JJ’s stroller ready.” She said. She stood up leaving JJ enjoying her toys while she went to get her stroller. I put my shoes on and Jensen put JJ in the stroller once it was ready.

“You two have fun. Call me if you need anything.” He said giving us all hugs, then we were out the door.

“So, how do you like Malibu?” She asked. I smiled.

“It’s good. It’s hot though.” I answered.

“Yeah, but you’ll get used to the heat. Actually, while we’re out do you wanna see your teachers’ new place? It’s just past the shop and I’ve actually got a spare set of keys.” She suggested. I nodded my head.

“I’d love that. I’m actually really happy that he’s going to be here.” I told her.

“Really? I thought people weren’t supposed to like their teachers.” She said.

“Conventionally we’re not supposed to. But I go to a really unusual school. Aside from that he’s actually a really cool guy. Unlike some of the teachers at my school, he’s pretty casual. He’s that teacher. The one who talks to you like you’re a human being instead of something to improve.” I answered.

“I know what you mean. I actually had that kind of teacher once. She was pretty old but she was really sweet. One time all of our class absolutely hated this one teacher, so we spoke to her about it and she started ranting out a string of profanities against him. It made us all laugh and we felt better about going to his lessons for some reason.” She said. We kept on talking until we reached the hardware store. We went inside and she told me to pick out an adapter and anything else I might need. To be honest, there wasn’t much that struck me as incredibly useful apart from the adapter, so I just got a couple of them and we went to Cooper’s future apartment.

We walked through the front door of the building and it was already completely what Cooper would want. There’s a gym that a few people are using right now. When we walked through the door to the apartment we were greeted by the lounge. It was pretty average but nicely designed. Adjacent to the lounge was the kitchen. There were counters all over the place. It looked like you had to go around to get in there as there were counters separating it from the lounge. I’m guessing you could put barstools there. Danneel closed the door and got JJ out of her stroller.

“Wow!” I exclaimed. She smiled at me.

“You think he’ll like it?” She asked.

“He definitely won’t ask for something better. This is awesome.” I said. I looked out the window in the lounge. There was a tennis court and behind that was the beach. “Okay, this is like his dream place.” I added.

“Great. Why don’t you go explore the rest of the place? I’ve got to change JJ.” She said. I nodded my head and walked around. I found my way to the kitchen. There was a hallway behind the door in the lounge and another door to the kitchen. I found an office too. It had a proper expensive looking desk and chair, not to mention a huge plasma TV attached to the wall. When I got to the bedroom I pulled out my phone. The room was pretty plain but still nice. Besides, I doubt Cooper would be spending a lot of time in here. If he won’t be playing games in his office he’s probably going to be in the gym for most of the time.

Guess where I am? – Penina

America. :-) – Cooper

Yes, but more specifically I’m in your bedroom. This is the most incredible apartment. If you don’t want it, can I have it? – Penina

I pulled open the blinds and saw a big pool as well as a hot tub with jets and everything. I took a picture of it and sent it to him.

Wow! Okay, you better be okay with swimming lessons for PE! – Cooper

I guess I’d be able to endure them. For 3 weeks out of the month. – Penina

What would you want to do for the other week? – Cooper

Curl into a ball of agonising pain. – Penina

We’ll have to discuss that later I guess. I’ve got to do some more packing and then go to sleep. Speak to you soon. – Cooper

Okay then. Goodnight! – Penina

After that I looked at the bathroom. It was really extravagant. It had two sinks, a massive bath, a shower that was also very big, and clearly a toilet too. It had a massive mirror that basically took up an entire wall, and it just looked awesome. I wandered out of there until I made my way back to the lounge. Danneel was cuddling with JJ and then looked to face me with a hopeful look.

“I’m jealous of him and I’m still living in an even better place. How does that work?” I asked. She giggled at my remark.

“Do you think he’s going to like it too?” She asked me. I nodded my head.

“Definitely. I sent him a picture of the view with the pool in it and he’s so excited. Thank you so much!” I said going to give her a hug which she gladly accepted.

“I’m so glad you two like this place. You’re going to be spending a lot of time here after all.” She said. I nodded my head.

“I know. It’s incredible.” I said.

“Also, I hope you know that just because he’s your teacher, doesn’t mean he can’t be our friend. He can join us at our dinner parties and stuff if you both want to. I’ll leave it up to you to invite him.” She told me. I nodded my head.

“I’ll ask him for sure.” I told her. After a while of chatting and looking around the place a bit more, we decided to walk back home. Once we went inside Jensen greeted us.

“Hey guys. Did you have fun?” He asked. I nodded my head.

“Yeah. It was great. Getting the adapters was pretty simple but then we went to see Cooper’s apartment and it’s awesome.” I answered.

“Great. Do you think he’ll like it?” He asked. I nodded my head.

“Yeah. It really suits him. He’s really into sports and stuff so I know he’ll love the gym and tennis court.” I answered.

“That’s cool. Do you need help with bringing your adapters upstairs?” He asked. I shook my head.

“No, it’s fine. I’ll do it.” I said taking the bag with my adapters in and going upstairs. I plugged in the adapters and started charging my laptop and phone. I had to borrow Danneel’s last night so it’s good to have mine back. I then went online for a bit. Even more rumours were circulating about me. Lots of questions were asked, but no one actually really knew who I was. I then decided to message Hozzie.

So I just saw Cooper’s place and I can’t actually believe how amazing it is. Ugh. I can’t even believe how strong I still feel about him! – Penina

Really? You’re going to have to send me pictures at some point! :D – Hozzie

Haha. I will. Promise. How’s things back in England? – Penina

Just like it usually is. Not many changes. I still can’t believe this whole situation though. I keep on thinking that me meeting Jensen with you is just some massive dream I had. But it’s not. – Hozzie

I feel exactly the same. Not to mention that tomorrow I’m having dinner with Jared and Misha’s families as well. – Penina

You’ve got to tell me how that goes too! I’d love to continue talking with you but I’m exhausted and I have to get up early tomorrow. :( I’ll talk to you when I wake up though. Night! :D – Hozzie

Fair enough. Night! :D – Penina

After that I went back downstairs. I watched some TV even though there wasn’t much on, then I ate dinner with everyone. After that I went to my room and got an early night. I was exhausted and kind of nervous for tomorrow. I was still excited about meeting everyone though. Hopefully everyone will like me and I’ll start loving my life here. Here’s hoping anyway.

Hope you liked it again! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story