Categories > TV > Supernatural > Alternate Reality

Dinner Party

by FrankIsMySexGod 0 reviews

Penina meets her fathers best friends and also gets slightly homesick.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-12-12 - 2304 words

0Unrated
I woke up at a pretty reasonable hour the next day and I did pretty much nothing important the whole time. I skyped Summer but it was a pretty boring conversation. It was just her asking me all sorts of questions. Usually whenever she asks me questions it makes me feel even worse than I was before, but today it was just her being curious so it wasn’t as bad. Jensen and Danneel were busy making dinner and taking care of JJ so I didn’t really have much to do. I decided to make a bit of an effort on my appearance for dinner, so I had a shower, changed into the best clothes I had, put on a bit of makeup and straightened my hair which I don’t really do. It’s not that it needs to be straightened, it’s just that whenever it is it looks a lot neater.

”Penina, the Padalecki’s are here!” Jensen shouted up the stairs to me.

“Coming.” I shouted back. I took a deep breath in and out, then I snatched my phone off my bed and went down the stairs. They were looking at me like they were examining me. I couldn’t tell if they hated or liked me, but I didn’t let the staring faze me.

“Penina, this is Jared, Gen, Thomas and Shep. Everyone, this is Penina.” Jensen introduced for me.

“Wow. Hey Penina. I’ve heard so much about you.” Jared said, shaking my hand.

“You too.” I said. Well, Jensen mentioned them a bit, but mainly I know more about him because of Supernatural.

“It’s so nice to finally meet you. Your hair is awesome.” Gen said. I smiled.

“Thanks. I had it done a few days ago.” I said.

“Well it’s fantastic. Speaking of fantastic things, it smells delicious.” Gen said to Danneel who then gave her a hug. We then all migrated to the lounge where I sat down.

“So Jensen tells me you’re gonna be coming to the set at some point. Are you looking forward to it?” Jared asked. I nodded my head.

“Yeah. I’ve been watching the show for a while now and I love it.” I answered.

“That’s awesome. Who’s your favourite? Me or him?” He asked nodding his head towards Jensen. I then giggled.

“I don’t know. I don’t really have one.” I answered. Just then the doorbell rang.

“I’ll go get it.” Danneel said. When she came back she was joined by Misha, Vicki, West and Maison. She then introduced us all and eventually we were just having a nice and normal night.

“So what happened then?” Misha asked. Everyone was laughing at my story about the time Milly and I hid in the tent in the playground to avoid going to one of our lessons and one of our friends couldn’t find us even though we were making noises.

“Well we saw a grasshopper or something and we began screaming and we got the hell outta there.” I answered. Everyone started laughing all over again. “It’s not like we were missing out on much. By the time we got back he still wasn’t there.” I continued.

“As long as Cooper teaches English well, then that’s all that matters.” Jensen said. I nodded my head.

“Who’s Cooper?” Vicki asked.

“That would be Penina’s teacher who’s moving over here to be her tutor.” Danneel answered.

“What? He’s leaving England for this?” Jared asked sounding astonished.

“Yeah. He offered almost as soon as I said that I wanted Penina to come with me but she said she didn’t want to leave her life here. He said the timing was great and he could use an excuse to leave the school.” Jensen answered.

“That’s awesome. I just think it’d be too sudden for him. Why is it perfect timing?” Gen asked.

“I’m just going to the toilet quickly.” I interjected before they could start reeling me into this conversation. Honestly it was making me slightly uncomfortable. Especially since I’ve been asking myself those questions since this whole thing started. I closed the door behind me and locked it before getting my phone out. I decided that I should probably text the man in question.

They’re beginning to talk about you and asking why you decided to come. It’s so awkward that I had to pretend to go to the toilet. – Penina

Well just tell them why. – Cooper

Which is what? – Penina

You know what. Because I really want to. It’ll be great for me and I know it’s going to be good for both of us. – Cooper

I sighed and realised that maybe there doesn’t have to be any ulterior motive. I just can’t help but shake the feeling that there must be. I left the toilet and went back into the lounge.

“Hey Penina. Dinner’s in 5 minutes.” Danneel informed me. I smiled and nodded my head.

“Awesome.” I said sitting back down.

“So what’s Cooper like?” Jared asked. Since when did Cooper become so interesting to others all of a sudden?

“He’s okay.” I answered.

“Tell us about him.” Vicki said.

“Well he’s sporty. He’s easy going, he’s friendly. He’s just a good guy I guess.” I answered.

“How old is he?” Misha asked.

“Mid to late 20’s.” I said. Of course I knew his exact age. I knew his birthday. I knew basically everything there was to know. “Anyway, what’s for dinner?” I asked hoping to change the subject.

“Roast beef and potatoes.” Jensen answered. “Then we have a cake for dessert, so I hope you like chocolate.” He continued.

“Hell yeah I like chocolate!” I answered enthusiastically. Everyone laughed. We all eventually made our way to the dining table and began eating. Jensen even made a toast about my return but honestly it made me feel slightly embarrassed. Of course I didn’t let that show. I just didn’t want to be the centre of attention right now. Not that I should’ve expected anything less. I made a pretty surprising appearance in their lives. It began to get late so everyone made their way back to their own homes. I said goodbye to them and goodnight to my own little family and went to bed.

Once I woke up I realised that for once I was the first one awake. I got ready, checked the time, and knew I could call Cooper. I rang and he picked up after 4 rings.

”Hi Penina.” He said sounding sleepy. I smiled at the sound of his voice.

“Hi Cooper.” I greeted.

”How did everything go at dinner?” He asked while yawning.

“It was alright. I just tried to avoid the conversation about you. It was making me feel weird.” I answered.

”How come?” He asked.

“I don’t know. It’s just that they’ve known about me longer than I’ve known about them you know? Jensen would’ve told all his close friends and everything. Meanwhile I just find out about them and I’m meeting them all for the first time, and the only thing they want to know is why a young teacher would sacrifice his entire life for no reason.” I answered.

”Penina, there are loads of reasons why I’m coming. Almost all of them have to do with what would be best for me, or because of things about you. I wouldn’t move across the ocean for people I didn’t like.” He told me.

“Let’s just put that issue to the side for now. I’m just completely out of place here. I don’t feel like the long lost daughter. I feel like a new pet who they’re trying to figure out.” I said. “I mean they’re nice and everything, but I don’t know.” I continued.

“I know. It sounds stressful.” He sympathised.

“I can’t even go out by myself here. I mean, I never really used to but I’d still like the option. I can’t even go to the shops that are about 10 minutes away.” I spoke.

”Well what do you want to do?” He asked.

“I don’t know. I think playing the guitar might calm me down but I left it at my mums and she’s not talking to me at all.” I said.

”Well then maybe you could ask them to get you one? If not when I come over I’ll bring one.” He said.

“It’s not that easy. They’re asleep right now and I feel like I’ve already been sponging them.” I told him.

”How come?” He asked.

“I just do. I asked them for some things I need like adapters and I felt so guilty because of that.” I said.

”You were asking for something reasonable, Penina. Besides you kept on asking the school for stuff.” He pointed out.

“Yes but that place sucked. They kept on giving to everyone else and never to me. It just felt like nobody there cared about me.” I said.

”Well if it helps, you could not be more wrong. Everyone cares about you.” He said.

“It doesn’t feel like it.” I replied.

”Listen, you’ve got a while to get settled into your new life. Go explore the house, cook something and just go completely nuts if that’s what you want to do. That way I’ll be back before you know it. You probably won’t even remember or want me there by then.” He joked which made me giggle.

“Well that’s not true at all. But I’ll try to keep myself busy.” I told him.

”Good. I’m gonna go to sleep now but I’ll speak to you soon.” He told me.

“Okay. Sweet dreams, Cooper.” I said making him giggle.

“Thank you. Enjoy your day.” He said before we hung up.

I then took my phone and went downstairs. I just put on whatever was on TV and just sat there waiting for someone to come downstairs. Luckily around an hour later Jensen did.

“Hey kiddo. Did you have any breakfast?” He asked. I shook my head.

“Not yet.” I answered.

“What do you want?” He asked. I shrugged.

“No sure.” I answered.

“How about pancakes?” He offered. I looked up excitedly.

“With Nutella?” I asked. He nodded his head with a smile on his face.

“Sure.” He said. We made our way to the kitchen. “So how come you’re up so early?” He asked. I shrugged.

“I just woke up when I woke up I guess.” I answered.

“Fair enough. Oh, I forgot to tell you, I have a great idea! Cooper’s supposed to be getting a cab to go to his place when he lands but I was thinking we should pick him up and take him out to eat.” He said. I smiled and nodded my head.

“Sure. Sounds good.” I answered. Once we ate I went upstairs to my room and went on Facebook. Since I hadn’t really properly checked it in a while I noticed there were loads of notifications saying people missed me and how lucky they thought I was. But I only went on for one intention.

Hozzie! When Cooper comes to America we’re going to pick him up! I’m so excited. I can’t wait for him to see his new place! – Penina

That’s awesome! When I come over, and I will definitely come over, I expect similar treatment! ;) – Hozzie

Of course you shall Madame! You’ll stay over and we won’t even go to sleep or anything. We’ll just go night swimming and eat as much chocolate as we can. I’ll have pizza and you’ll have chicken nuggets. Got it? Haha! – Penina

It’ll be the best thing! Have you gone swimming in their pool yet? :D – Hozzie

Not yet, but I might soon. I might today actually. :O I should go in the pool with JJ. It’d be too much fun! – Penina

That’d be awesome! I can’t believe you get to go swimming whenever you want and meanwhile I’m stuck doing all this coursework. It sucks. – Hozzie

If there’s anything I can do to help you know you can just ask. I may not know the answer but I can try my hardest! :P – Penina

Haha. Thanks. Maybe tomorrow. Right now I need some sleep. NIIIGGGGHHHHHHTTTTTT! :D – Hozzie

Goodnight! :D – Penina

I then went downstairs again bringing my phone with me. I miss my life back at England. I really miss it. But I know this is what’s best for me. I sat on the couch next to Jensen and we watched some TV before Danneel came down with JJ. We all just sat talking for most of the day. Danneel and Jensen let me stay home while they took JJ for a walk so I got a chance to practice some of my singing. I’m not the best singer ever, but I love singing. It’s so much fun. Of course when they came back I pretended I did basically nothing the whole day. Now I just need Cooper to come back so I can have more fun.

Hi Hozzie (and anyone who might be reading this but let's face it I don't think anyone is) I hope you enjoyed this chapter. The other story is getting along, just incredibly slowly. Also I'm feeling really ill, but I'll FB you as soon as I publish this. Hope you liked it! :D
Sign up to rate and review this story