Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Baby

The Scientist

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Morgan wonders what to do with her future when an old friend calls her up.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2014-12-03 - 413 words - Complete

0Unrated
The Scientist:

-Morgan-

I have done some thinking lately. My relationship with Greg is nice, but this just can’t be it. I shrugged to myself. I don’t know… I’ll be out of college in a year and I still don’t know what to do with my life. No career in mind either. What am I doing? I put my head on my desk. This isn’t working for me. What is the point? I looked up when my cell phone rang.

I reached over and put it to my ear. “Hello?”

“Is this Morgan?” a familiar voice asked on the other line. I sat up with big eyes.

“Heather?” I asked. “Is that you?”

“Why yes,” my old friend replied.

“How have you been?”

“Good, and you?”

I sighed. “I’ve been pretty bored lately.”

“Aw, what’s the matter?”

I sat back in my chair and sighed. “Have you got everything in your life figured out?”

“I guess, why?”

“I don’t know what I’m doing anymore.”

“Seriously?”

“Yep. How have you been doing, Heather?”

“Good, I guess,” she replied. “I just had a baby.” I stomped my feet on the floor.

“You’re kidding!” I said.

“Nope.”

“Boy or a girl?”

“I had a little boy.”

“I see.” Another thought came into my head. “I thought you didn’t want kids.” Heather gave me a nervous chuckle over the phone. I raised an eyebrow.

“Heather…” I said. “What happened?”

“Things…”

“What kind of things?”

“Life, you know.”

I frowned at her the way she gave her answer. “Uh-huh…”

“There was this guy,” Heather tried to reason with me. “I fell in love with a guy, we slept together…” The more I heard, the more unimpressed I became with her story.

“What about becoming a lawyer?” I asked. Heather gave off another giggle.

“That’s on hold right now,” she said rather sheepishly. The more she spoke, the more I wanted to scream at her. I clenched my teeth together to keep myself from flying off the handle.

“Is your husband working?” I asked.

“He’s looking for a job right now,” Heather answered. “He quit his last one because it was boring.” I finally couldn’t take it anymore.

“Goodbye, Heather,” I said. “I have homework now.” I hung up before she could say another word. I leaned back in my chair, sighing. That just became the push I needed.

Where Do We Go, Nobody Knows
Sign up to rate and review this story