Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > One Step Fowards, Three Steps Back

One Step Fowards, Three Steps Back

by Allagendachan 0 reviews

"To obtain, something of equal value must be lost." That's alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange. And yet, gaining without giving...

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Sci-fi - Characters: Alphonse Elric,Edward Elric,Trisha Elric - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2014-12-08 - 1008 words

0Unrated
OSF, TSB
****
Chapter 1
****
A/N: Why hello there, beautiful Ficwadders! XD
For some reason, I'm acting a little bit like Hughes. XP Considering that I only started reading FMA FF on Saturday.
So, here I am.
This little plot bunny bit me in the butt and was growling ferociously, wouldn't let go. I ran around the house for an hour, screaming for help, while my dark side was cracking up to the side.
She's just such a....
growling
Okay, okay, I'm on it! Geez, this one's a real pain....
Disclaimer: I own the idea. Nothing more. Hardly the plot, the characters I use always use my summary and bend it as they like. So it's technically their plot....
All I really own is my name. T-T
*****
It was quiet in the house, for once.
Nothing going on, no shouting, no yelling, no overly- obnoxious arguing.
It seemed that either her sons were finally behaving- or, the most likely option- they were up to something major. Or possibly, they were reading. Behaving.
Again, unlikely.
But every now and then, Edward and Alphonse Elric would sit down and stick their noses in a book for a few hours. Both of them would stay that way unless either food or some other book distracted them.
Trisha Elric, their mother, was sitting outside near the laundry line under one of the trees in their yard. She had her laundry already done, and there was simply nothing else to do yet.
So she finally found time to relax as a mother and a housekeeper.
She leaned back further in her chair, relief setting on her face as she was feeling the invograting effect of even the slightest rest. She doubted that it would last long, though, so she simply tried to meld into the chair and get some sort of peace before some other commotion brought her sons running up to her, or else shouting from another room. She smiled lightly, remembering one of the days way back when.
**
"Hey, Mom!"
"Mom!"
Both boys were running up to her as fast as they could, grinning and holding things in their hands.
Ed was first to reach her, but he was panting so hard he was bent over. Al, though, wasn't breathing that hard, and was able to present his work to his mother.
"Look! I actually made it right this time!" It was a perfect wreath of flowers, made of a variety of different flowers, but all placed beautifully. They wove gently within each other, almost a pattern she could look at all day and never encrypt.
"Wow, that's beautiful!"
"Hey, I did one too!" Ed held up his.
Made of small, delicate white and lavender colored flowers, his was shaped like a tiara- it even had an arch in the front that looked like a rise and fall in any other metal crown.
"They're both wonderful- you boys have gotten a lot better."
Both grinned up at her, relishing in her pride.
*****
She reminded herself that by now, they should be done with their books. It'd been a full two hours if intuition was anything to go by, and by now Ed would be begging for some form of lunch. But neither of her children had appeared, or made any sounds.
.... Maybe they were doing alchemy? It explained the absence, but only for a little while. She should probably go check the study.
She also remembered the day she'd found them in there, pulling every other book off of the shelves, almost instantly pulling the entire shelf onto themselves.
She smiled again at that, and began walking towards the house. Her resting period might finally be over, that was always possibly.
And highly likely.
Sighing to herself, she walked inside, and quietly shut the front door behind her as she made her way to the study. There was low murmuring, a sign that they weren't reading separately anymore, either sharing a book or trying a new type of alchemy.
Knowing them, it was likely the latter.
She stood next to the door for a moment, but being unable to discern anything, she walked in.
Both of her boys looked up from a transmutation circle they had been drawing. Not one she had seen before.
And that was another point to intuition, another loss to hope.
Well, at least it hadn't done anything yet.
"You boys behaving?"
"Yep! We're just trying out this array that was in one of Dad's books. It said something about the future."
"We thought that it'd be a really good idea to see what it did, right?
"Mmm.... just don't destroy anything, please."
"Okay!"
Before she shut the door, a bright blue light had already flooded the room. Al had been working when Ed started talking, therefore finishing the circle. Interested to see what it would do, she looked in. Her eyes narrowed due to the blinding light, but she could still see the silouhette of Ed and Al at the edge of the circle.
She watched as for some reason, the rest of the light around them was turning white. Bright, pure white. The blue began to vanish, and when she looked down, she could see nothing.
She tried to speak, but suddenly she found herself unable. She could not move.
The rest of the world, even the two silouhettes, faded into white.
***
When she finally began to come around, the first thing that she noticed was a voice.
Two voices, actually.
Her head was spinning unpleasantly, and she couldn't see straight. It was then that she realised she'd already opened her eyes.
She quickly attempted to sit up, but only a few moments later she was already seeing dark spots crossing her vision. So she lay back down, carefully. The voices got a little stronger, and her vision was gradually improving.
For a moment, she could a bit of gold, red, and tan through the white. Then it faded out again.
This cycle repeated over an over until she finally receeded back to the non-relenting white.
****
Sign up to rate and review this story