Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > One Step Fowards, Three Steps Back

Chapter 2

by Allagendachan 0 reviews

Chapter 2

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Alphonse Elric,Edward Elric,Trisha Elric - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2014-12-09 - 1021 words

0Unrated
OSF, TSB
***
Chapter 2
**
A/N: :3 Again.... trying to do more than one chapter today. Not happening XP (Didn't happen fail)
Disclaimer: I own my name, characters own the plot, and someone else owns them. I forgot who. Might add them as soon as I remember, might not.
Yep.
So.
Umm.
Well.
Enjoy.
****
When she was finally conscious again, Trisha couldn't see. The white was gone. It was dark, sometime in the night. There was little to no noise.
Something made her realize that it hadn't been a dream. Maybe it was the unfamiliar surface she was on, or the difference in the air- cold, stale, and slightly musty- when she always cleaned.
-3, Oct. 10-
The date was in the future. A year or so. And why had she thought of it?.....
Trisha opened her eyes.
It was indeed night, even if she couldn't see the sky. Looking to the left, out of the window, a half moon stared back at her.
'A half moon? But it was waning instead of waxing last night.... How long was I out?'
And suddenly, she remembered why she had passed out in the first place.
Almost instantly she sat up, her breath fast. She was in an unfamiliar room, in an unfamiliar place. She couldn't tell where the door was yet- her eyes hadn't fully adjusted. And it was with high difficulty and pained movements that she was up. She was stiff all over, from laying in one place for too long.
She shuffled across the room with a worried pace. Her eyes were bright despite the injuries that were spotting her body.
Suddenly, she stopped. Injuries? Bruises? Cuts?
.....
What had that circle done, really? She was going to find out.
And it was with that statement that Trisha Elric set her own path- to find out where she was, how long she'd been out- and where her boys were.
***
Low murmurs, coming from a door that was cracked open. Light flooded out of it, and a slice of the picture of a mound of books and two differently positioned and sized figures sprawled out on the floor.
One had long, braided golden hair. He was positioned so that Trisha could see his profile. He appeared to have golden eyes, if the light wasn't playing tricks on her.
The other was in a hulking suit of armor, and looked comortable enough. And for some reason, the date she remembered was nagging her.
-3, Oct. 10-
What did it even mean? It was in the future, nothing else.
Even though she now felt hesitant to open the door, she could also feel a form of fear- yes, fear- forming. Something behind this door wasn't right. Not at all.
She didn't feel like she should enter.... and yet, at the same time, she wanted to know why she was thinking about October third, nineteen-ten.
So, taking a deep breath, she drew herself up and knocked.
Both heads looked up as she opened the door.
And suddenly, she recognized the smaller of the two.
"Edward...."
And then, with a sense of satisfaction, the date repeated itself.
-3, Oct. 10-
It was years past that date.
Years.
The full impact of this hit her, and suddenly she realized-
This was a different time.
And when Ed's eyes widened, she realized that he was truly shocked to see her.
But why would he be?
And then, that sense of fear re-settled itself in her, and her mind jumped to a conclusion- they hadn't expected her to be awake yet, that was all, it wasn't much, maybe they had just been away and she had just suddenly appeared.
That wasn't it, though, and she knew it.
It was worse, much worse. The look on Ed's face was proof of that. For a moment, it looked like he was going to get up and scramble over to her- but instead, he turned away and gripped himself tightly. His long bangs overshadowed his face, concealing his emotion. The other one, in the armor, though, hadn't moved an inch.
And then her pain caught up with the rest of her.
She winced, doubled over, and then shut her eyes, grabbing the doorframe with her right hand and her right side with the other. She already felt faint, and the pain was causing her knees to tremble. Nausea also made an appearance, as her throat tightened and her stomach turned. Her hand moved from her side to her mouth, and she fought to not throw up immediantly.
Her ears started to ring, and Ed's faint- but deeper, she noticed- voice was warped, most likely by her gaining inability to stay awake. Arms began supporting her, pulling her up even though her body wanted to fall down. For a moment, she felt herself become too weak, but then she simply tried to whisper.
"I can walk for a moment...." And she meant it. In another second, her legs gave way again, and she fell fully unconscious this time.
****
It was light out when she again recovered from her most recent bout of unconsciousness.
-3, Oct. 10-
That was not the date. But it was still there, still something she didn't know about. Something just waiting to be discovered.
-Don't Forget.-
She shut her eyes briefly before looking out the window. Bright, unfamiliar, and new. Somewhere she'd never seen and never been. It wasn't the countryside. There was a tree next to the window, and a few houses across from the one she was in.
Then, she was reminded of the previous night.
"Mmm...." Her head spun as she carefully sat up, a major difference from last night. She put a hand on her temples as the other one propped her up on the bed. She felt her still smooth hair move uncomfortably, stiff- like her body- from prolonged rest. Then, still half-awake, she looked around a bit more this time. A calendar on the wall to her right stated the date in bold lettering.
: April 3rd, 1914 :
1914.
April.
-3, Oct. 10-
-Don't Forget.-
1914.
-Don't Forget.-
It was five years into the future.
****
Sign up to rate and review this story