Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Jamie Potter and the Laws of Magic

Jamie Potter and the Laws of Magic

by darkmagiciannerd 2 reviews

Find out about magical Britain and the war from the point of view of a soft-spoken, well-mannered, God-fearing country witch, raised in Texas! Female!Harry Country!Harry Will do a prequel if this g...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Harry,Voldemort - Warnings: [!!!] [?] - Published: 2014-11-01 - Updated: 2014-12-22 - 883 words

4Original
Jamie Potter and the Law of Magic

Howdy Y'all! My name is Jamie Potter. I was born heiress to the Most Honorable and Ancient House of Potter: a powerful family in Britain, or so I am told. Kinda makes me thank God that I was raised by a magical family in Texas. That way, I was not informed of my full inheritance until I was old enough to take it in stride.

Now you are probably wondering why I was not raised by my actual parents. To tell the truth, it is because my biological parents have been six feet under since the time I was a wee little one. I know you're probably thinking "how awful", but I don't let it get me down. I've got me a fine life with a family who has raised me up to be a soft spoken, well mannered, God fearing country witch.

My adoptive parents, who have names but insist that I call them Mama and Papa, are very kind and loving. I always feel very much wanted in, and very much a part of the Jackson family. In fact, in the non-magical world, my name is legally Jamie Jackson.

I honestly want to forget about magical Britain and simply live my life as a Texan redneck witch. There are only two problems with that goal.

1. The prophecy: The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark her as his equal, but she will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..

2. A certain old bumkin, Albus too many names Dumbledore, made completing the prophecy a prerequisite in allowing a magical family to adopt me. If it wasn't in my birth parents' will for me to be raised by a magical family, he might have stuck me with my mother's sister's family. From what I heard about them, thank God he couldn't do that!

I believe y'all can see my dilemma.

But that's neither here or there. I still am blessed with a fine life. If a little sacrifice is required, then so be it.

I am a natural at Battle Magic anyway, so signing up for junior Auror training was something I'd have done anyway. I also go to a week of junior bootcamp, by the US magical armed forces division, every summer. If I actually ever have to face Tom Riddle as a battle witch, I am going to be a damned good one.

In fact, today, I went over curses that the affects of which would make one with a sensitive stomach lose their lunch. My instructor for the day, a young Auror named Stevenson, heard my well practiced, musical, almost loving tone as I chanted the incantations of the spells in chains. He nearly fainted.
"God, Jackson, do you like the idea of using these spells on someone?" He asked.

"First, if I ever hear you blaspheme again by using the name of the Lord in vain, I will be requesting another instructor. Second, the answer depends on who I am turning my wand against? I relish the idea of using these spells on the Dark Bumpkin, who murdered James and Lily Potter, or any of his Death Nibblers, who murder innocents without remorse." I spat.

"Woah, Jackson. I don't mean to insult ya miss. Don't need ta threaten me like that. I can understand where yer coming from. Tis the same reason I joined the force. To saddle up them bad boys and draw the hard line," Auror Stevenson said.

His words made my heart soar. I forgave his unseemly reference to the Almighty. Everyone misspeaks after all. I'd found myself a kindred soul.

I'd never tell him, but I developed something akin to a schoolgirl crush for him right then and there. It didn't hurt that he was young and handsome as well. I had to bite back a giggle at that thought.

After a few more hours of practice, I had to go home. As magical transportation and I are bitter enemies, I drive. Sticking my key into the ignition of my F-150 pickup, I turned the key.

As I drove, I thought of my seventeenth birthday coming up in a week. It was then that I would officially join the Dallas Auror Department. It was my condition ever since Voldemort returned that I'd be in Texas if he wanted a showdown. Voldemort, who returned a few years back agreed to that, as well as my other conditions.

• It would go down at high noon.

• I had to be a full member of the DAD before it could take place.

• It would be one on one.

• Any Death Nibblers who got involved would be killed.

Okay, I'll admit that the last one was his.

I honestly never expected him to go for that, but that just proves the size of his ego.

Arriving home I took a shower and climbed into bed, without talking to anyone, thoroughly exhausted.

Reviews are love!
Sign up to rate and review this story