Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Jamie Potter and the Laws of Magic

Sabrina

by darkmagiciannerd 1 review

Jamie gets her Auror badge, I introduce Sabrina.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2014-12-10 - 748 words

2Original
Sabrina

I woke up in the morning feeling a strange mixture of emotions. I reckon that if that Dumbledore bumkin was right about the Dark Bumkin and I being connected, then snake face was having a darn lousy time sorting through my emotions. I know I was.

Then again, whenever HAD Dumbledore been right about anything concerning me?

Regardless, the morning of my seventeenth birthday was one of mixed emotions.

I got a message from Severus regarding the Dark Bumkin. It seems that snake face was having second thought about facing me. That gave me a margin of hope that the outlaw is at least somewhat sane. Yes, I was somewhat disappointed that our showdown was postponed.

Later, as I received my badge as a full member of the Dallas Auror Department, I contemplated the idea of meeting with the meddling old bumpkin to show off my newfound independence. If it wasn't for Dumbledore, then Tom wouldn't know one lick about me, let alone my whereabouts. On second thought, I should arrest him. I would if not for the probability of such being regarded as an act of war by Britain.

Oh well, I'd just have to settle for rubbing my badge in the old Bumpkin's face.

My new partner turned out to be Sabrina, my best friend since forever, and the world's greatest battle mage in my opinion. It wasn't so much her power, as I slightly beat her in raw casting power, but her knack for out-maneuvering almost anyone. Her speed is nothing to scoff at either.

I reckon that setting her on Tom would be the epitome of overkill; tempting though it may be at times.

Now, new Aurors such as Sabrina and I would usually be paired with a veteran Auror, but Sabrina and I were the top two graduates of the junior Auror classes. We also had both passed through our annual week of junior bootcamp with flying colors for seven straight years. It was only a matter of time until the Mage Corps would need our wands. That's why the chief decided to put us together, or at least the reason she gave.

Sabrina and I didn't really give two shits about why, we were too busy hugging and squealing like little girls. Then we broke apart and exchanged greetings.

"Howdy partner."

"Howdy to you as well."

We then broke out in fits of giggles.

Everyone there had known Sabrina and I since the day we were adopted, so no one was surprised. We always did everything toqether. We were even adopted on the same day by families living in the same neighborhood.
That wasn't the strangest thing. We were born on the same hour of the same day, albeit myself in Godric's Hollow, and her in Saffron City, Japan.

I can't believe Dumbledore considers himself knowledgeable in prophecy, and yet he missed Sabrina's part in the Great Prophecies.

The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark her as his equal, but she will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies...

On that very hour comes one fit to guide the chosen one's heart... born in Kanto as the Sabelye cries... To the lone star state they shall be brought... to grow together in temperance of what life has wrought...


We snapped out of our revelry as the chief cleared her throat. She told us to go home and get some sleep, as our first patrol would be at 04:00 hours tomorrow.
We decided to have a sleep over at her place to celebrate our new jobs.

It wasn't much of s party, as we really did need our rest.

It was at seven thirty in the evening that we curled up in Sabrina's bed and fell asleep together as we have so many times in our lives. It is a rather comfortable way to sleep.

Author's Note

Disclaimer: I obviously do not own Harry Potter or Pokemon. Sabrina's name and origins are likely the only thing I am going to take from Nintendo and GameFreak. This is not likely to become a true crossover unless a lot if you want it to be.
Sign up to rate and review this story