Categories > Original > Fantasy > It's Just A Game

Epiphany

by darks00 0 reviews

The virus.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2014-12-17 - 518 words

0Unrated
It's just a Game
Chapter 1: Epiphany

I sit back in my chair, in one hand a drink and in the other a hand on my keyboard. I was very impressed with how far my programming has been in one day.

I hear an annoying beeping noise from the kitchen.

"Nachos are ready!" I say to no one in particular.

I grab my nachos from the microwave. As soon as my hand touched the plate, I got a light shock.

Time to get a new microwave, I mentally note.

When I returned to my computer, I knew something was wrong. A grey flashing message box kept on flashing on the screen. I drop my nachos on the floor.

No, no, no, no, no! My work! The flashing screen read: Welcome to the world of Epiphany! I try alt control delete with no success.

"Damn it!" I slam the keyboard. Sweat is falling from my face in anticipation.

I lift my hand, and I pushed my lab top off the table. When I went to retract my hand, a hand comes out of the computer. A dead person's hand. It's cold, blue fingers touch my hand. She...Or he grabs my hand and says in a scratchy voice, "now it's your turn." I scream. I try to use my other hand in a pathetic attempt to break free, but it just grabs my second arm and pulls me into the laptop screen. I couldn't tell you what happened after that for I fell unconscious.

I woke up cold. I moan. I didn't want to get up. I rub the sleep out of my eyes and yawn. Then it hit me like a boxer. The body pulling me in. The message repeats over and over again in my head: "welcome to Epiphany."

I gasp in surprise, a hand on my chest. Trying to catch my breath.

Mountains. There are mountains everywhere. They were so huge I couldn't even see the top. They were hidden between clouds. I shiver. It was so cold! Snow was everywhere. It was still falling down. Where am I? BC? In the distance, I see a wooden sign.

It read: Epiphany: World One

When I created this game, I didn't create Epiphany. I worked on something totally different. I was trying to make a fighter game. Since I was taken in by the computer by a virus, I automatically assumed it would be my game I made. But it wasn't.

"Hello?!" I scream and ask, "is anyone else here? Anyone?"

The wind was my only answer. My head was just spinning. I had to collect my thoughts. First my computer got a virus that says "Welcome to the world of Epiphany." Then, a dead person grabs my hand and drags me into the computer. I have no clue where I am and I do not notice any human life, nor food.

And another question...Why did the Epiphany sign say "World one?" Is that like video games where there's different worlds to play? How many would there be?

I was fucked. And all alone.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Sign up to rate and review this story