Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Nightly Rituals

Hotaru + Hiroyuki II

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Hotaru and Hiroyuki's summer.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2014-12-25 - 387 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Seventeen: Hotaru + Hiroyuki II:

He took her for coffee at his favorite café on the next evening. She looked around in awe at warm, home-like atmosphere.

"How did you find this place?" Hotaru asked.

"Just looking around the neighborhood on my night off," Hiroyuki answered.

"I see," she replied. A waitress came up to their table.

"Good evening," she greeted them. "What can I get you tonight?"

"I'll have a dark coffee," Hiroyuki said.

"Green tea ice blend," Hotaru said. The waitress wrote down their orders.

"Okay," she said. "I'll get your drinks." The waitress turned and walked away. Hotaru focused on her date.

"Tell me more about yourself," she said. Hiroyuki gave her a kind smile.

"Well, I'm single with no kids," he began.

"Do you like kids?" Hotaru asked.

"Yeah."

Hotaru listened intently. He might be a good match for her, but she wasn't sure. "Anything else?"

He raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

She shrugged. "I just want to get to know you."

"What about you?"

Hotaru stared blankly. "Huh?

"You keep asking questions about me, but what about you?"

"What about me?"

"Tell me about yourself."

Hotaru pressed her lips together. I can't tell him that I'm a demon/, she thought. /I don't know how he'll take it. She forced herself to smile. "I'm a single mom and I live with two of my friends and a boarder." Hotaru noticed him smiling. "What?"

"This is the first time you told me something about yourself," he said.

"I did?" she asked.

"Yeah."

"I guess have!" She giggled at the thought before another question crossed her mind. "Say, what do you do for a living?" Hiroyuki flashed her a charming smile.

"I'm a cop," he said.

"Really?" she asked with a smile.

"Yep, I can tell when people are lying." He noticed her staring at him with big eyes. The cop chuckled at her reaction. "I'm only playing."

"Oh," she said, breathing out.

"But really, I am a cop."

"Okay." Hotaru's face glowed with a schoolgirl blush as their drinks arrived. Her heart hoped that she could trust Hiroyuki and open up to love him. Please let him be the one for me/, she thought. /I really do like him. I really do! He walked her home that evening like a true gentleman.
Sign up to rate and review this story