Categories > Anime/Manga > Ouran High School Host Club > Never, Ever

The Host Club Meets Winterhawk

by esyl3 0 reviews

Cross-over with Vampire Knight. The Host Club takes in a new member. Winterhawk, son of Yuki and Kaname, is a student with too much time on his hands. He doesn't mind wasting his time with the Host...

Category: Ouran High School Host Club - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2014-12-28 - Updated: 2014-12-29 - 1689 words

0Unrated
One bite, two bites, three bites, four bites...

Haruhi held her head in her hand as she watched Honey dominate yet another cake. She always wondered how many bites it took Honey to eat a entire cake. It seemed like he could have a whole cake eaten within 15 minutes. Haruhi couldn't deny that she felt a feeling toward Honey that she did not feel towards anyone else in the club. She felt fascinated by his childish nature and she loved watching this Lolita-creature in his natural state. In the background she could hear Tamaki blabber on about something or another, but she ignored him, at least until...

"You sir!" he shouted. Haruhi lifted her head to look in the direction that Tamaki was pointing with a smile on his face.

"What is your name?" he asked.

It was then that Haruhi noticed a boy standing in the doorway. He looked as lost and confused as Haruhi was when she opened the door. Perhaps like Haruhi, this boy was just looking for somewhere to study.

There was something about him that made Haruhi want to cross-examine him. He was a tall boy, probably even taller then Kyoya and Mori. In one arm was his uniform jacket and some books, a umbrella in the other. Haruhi quitely wondered in her head why anyone would have a umbrella on a perfectly sunny day. He had brown hair and red-brown eyes. He wore glasses. His uniform shirt was no longer tucked into his pants.

The entire Host Club waited for a answer, trapped in the intoxicating aura of the boy.

"Winterhawk. Call me Winter," he replied.

Winterhawk? What kind of name is that? Was it even a real name? It was certainly not one that any member of The Host Club had heard before.

"Winterhawk?" Honey asked, bits of icing smeared on his face. The tall boy looked Honey in the eyes and nodded.

"What are you doing here?" Haruhi asked. She made the same mistake once before, but she learned that it is not often that people mistakenly wonder into The Host Club room. He must of made a big mistake, or he was looking for them on purpose.

"I was looking for somewhere to be alone. I have a bit of studying to do before some family members come pick me up. I can see that you guys are busy, so I'll leave," he said. He turned to leave.

As silly as it may sound, some might say that Tamaki is gifted in reading people. He seems to always know the right thing to do, the right thing to say, and the right way to act. He took every single club member and read into them like it was no big deal. He felt something about this guy. Something... that made him want to know more.

"Wait!" Tamaki said before he could step out of the room. The boy stopped and looked at him.

"Would you like to join us?" Tamaki asked. His big smile never left his face. Haruhi couldn't deny how foolish he looked. Tamaki is always so... silly. She could never take him seriously. Would Winter?

"What are you doing?" he asked after a short moment of silence.

"We are currently getting ready to open the Host Club!" he said, a little too excited. Winter smirked and chuckled a bit. He walked fully into the room, but still stood in the doorway.

"I see. This is the Host Club I've heard about. What is it exactly that you people do?" he asked. Winter seemed to have a confidence about him, yet he held back at the same time, like he was afraid to get excited about something. He also seemed a bit cocky, which at this point, Haruhi was used to dealing with cocky boys.

"The Host Club serves only one purpose: to bring joy and happiness to all women who walk through that door," Tamaki said.

Haruhi watched Winter's expression. She wondered how he would react. Even when Haruhi heard it, she fought not to laugh. Winter also seemed like a very smart, confident person. How would he react? Winter also turned his attention temporarily on Haruhi, look right into her brown eyes. He looked at her only for a moment. He turned his attention back to Tamaki.

"Is that so? How do you do that?" he asked. In Winter's head, he thought of several sex-business jokes, but knew it was best not to blurt it out loud.

"It depends on what the client needs. Flirting, candy, a kiss or two... we've even reconciled families," Kyoya butted in. Haruhi noticed that Winter didn't turn his head to look at Kyouya, only looked at him out of the corner of his eye. It was like he knew that Kyoya was going to say something.

"What do you say?" Tamaki asked, giggling and holding his hand out. Winter only looked at Tamaki's hand, following up his arm, and back up to his face.

"It sounds awfully childish. I wonder if this is just a attempt to get girls to notice you. Besides, I already have a girl in my life that I would rather focus on," he said, turning around and almost leaving.

"Wait! You can be the dark one!" Tamaki shouted. Winter froze in his spot. His back now faced the Host Club and he was only a inch away from being outside the music room.

"Pardon me?" he said. Winter had never been called 'the dark one' before.

"It's simple. We all have characteristics and needs that we use to serve our clients based on what they want or need. We have bad boys, but what about a dark boy? You have a aura about you, Winterhawk, and I want to use it to bring even more happiness and joy to our clients!" Tamaki said.

Winter, his back still facing the Host Club, looked at his watch. Hmm, he had a hour or two to waste. His dad always waited to pick him and his little sister up. He turned back and walked into the room, letting the door close behind him.

"I only have a hour or so to spend here. Furthermore, like I already mentioned, I already have a girl in my life that I would rather spend my time with and this club seems awfully selfish and silly. That being said, I don't see why I shouldn't give it a shot, but after two days, if you haven't enchanted me, I'm out. Also, I have a sun allergy. If meetings are held here, the curtains need to be drawn but artificial lights are fine. Do we have a deal?" he asked Tamaki.

Tamaki rubbed his chin with a smirk on it. Everyone watched the conversation go back and forth, wondering what the next thing to be said would be. Hikaru and Kaoru both giggled to each other. They knew that if Winter came in, he wouldn't leave. Not with Tamaki's persistence.

Tamaki smiled and stuck out his hand.

"Deal!" he said enthusiastically. Winter grabbed his hand and they shook on it.

"What did you say your name is again?" Kyoya asked with his laptop in front of him. He was ready to type the new Host's name into his computer.

"Winterhawk," he said. Again, Haruhi noticed that Winter's head only seemed to point one way. He only looked out of the corner of his eye to look at Kyouya.

"How do you spell it?" he asked. Winter turned towards Kyoya and laid his stuff down on the couch in front of him.

"It's a English name. You can spell it in Japanese, but it's really best if spelt using the Roman alphabet. You can just put my name down as Winter if it is easier," he said. Immediately, Tamaki chimed in.

"Kyouya, spell it in Roman letters! It helps with his image," Tamaki insisted. Kyoya sighed.

"Hold on. I have to change the setting on this document so that I can write in Roman letters," he said. Tamaki rushed over to help him, which was no use. Tamaki didn't know how to work the setting on that program.

"A English name?" Haruhi asked. This time, Winter turned his head to look at her instead of just using his eyes. He nodded his head for an answer.

"Are your parents from Europe or something?" the twins asked, sitting on the same couch that Winter was now sitting on. He didn't even bother to look at them.

"No, they are from Japan. They spent many years in America and that is where I was raised. They used the English name Winterhawk, which is actually a combination of two names," Winter said. Huh, something else that's interesting about this new character.

"You must be bi-lingual then, huh?" Haruhi asked. Winter nodded his head, and that was all. There was some silence while Kyoya changed the settings on his computer.

"Okay Winter, how do you spell your full name?" Kyoya asked.

"W-I-N-T-E-R-H-A-W-K," he said. Kyoya typed it in and looked back up at him.

"Now what is your last name?" Kyoya asked.

Winter looked up from the ground to look at Kyoya out of the corner of his eye. He felt some sort of rush. This will be the first time in a long time that he will tell someone his last name without them thinking highly of him, giving him a look of astonishment, a pat on the back, or anything. He'll be able to say his name, and be treated like any other person. He would be normal for once. He smiled.

"Kuran," he said.

"Winterhawk Kuran?" Kyoya asked. Winter nodded his head.

"And Kuran is in Japanese characters, correct?" he asked. Winter, again, nodded his head.

"Well, you'll have to type it, because I have never heard of that name either," Kyoya said. Winter, yet again, nodded his head.

"Well, Winterhawk, welcome to the Host Club! Your trial begins now, and in two days, you will tell us whether or not you will stay!" Tamaki said, bubbly with grin on his face.

Winter only grinned.
Sign up to rate and review this story