Categories > Anime/Manga > Ouran High School Host Club > Never, Ever

Winterhawk Meets Dai

by esyl3 0 reviews

Kaname comes to pick up his son, but he forgets to mention that his friend Dai is coming with him. Dai did something a long time ago that is keeping Winter on his toes.

Category: Ouran High School Host Club - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2014-12-28 - Updated: 2014-12-28 - 1236 words

0Unrated
One Week Later...

Haruhi watched the dark haired boy twirl a rose around with his finger in such a graceful way. It had been a full week and Winter still hadn't left. There must have been something that attracted the boy to the Host Club. Haruhi quickly learned that Winter was quiet and did not say much. He didn't speak unless he had too. She also learned that Winter's very intelligent. He was almost like a mix of Kyoya and Mori, but in his own unique way, he could only be described as Winter. He always carries a umbrella in the sunlight, he has a distant look in his eyes, and yet he is gentle and caring. He seemed a lot like the rose in his hand; beautiful and fragile, yet stable and tough.

"Into positions people, it is time to prepare for the opening of the Host Club!" Tamaki announced from the center of the room. Winter didn't budge and instead, stood still in his place, continuing to fiddle with his rose. Haruhi rose to from seat and walked to the center of the room, ready to greed the guests.

Many guests requested Winterhawk. They enjoyed his silent nature. They too saw the look in his eyes that made him seem like he was on another planet. He stuck his nose up a bit, but he was never rude. He never looked down on people, even if he made you feel inferior to him. Kaoru looked over his shoulder to the couch that Winter was sitting at. There were several girls surrounding him. More then Kaoru and Hikaru had ever had at one time. Tamaki was close enough to her the conversations going on between Winter and his guests.

"So, Winter..." a blushing girl asked, sitting across from Winter.

"What was your favorite food when you were a small child?" the brunette asked the boy. Winter looked away from the girl and to the ceiling, searching for an answer.

"Well, I liked a lot of food when I was little. I guess I would have to say... macaroni and cheese," he said finally. The girls all looked at him questioningly.

"What is that? I've never had it before," the girls best friend ask. Winter smiled.

"It's a popular American dish that you don't see a lot of in Japan. Perhaps next time I could make some American food for the Host Club," Winter suggested. The girls all giggled and nodded their heads. How wonderful, a intelligent, kind, handsome boy who can cook! All the girls knew that they could never deny any of his food.

"What's your favorite song?" another girl quickly asked. Winter was surprised at the eagerness of the gang of girls.

"I have a lot of favorite songs. They are mostly American songs. Perhaps I could also play some American music next time," he added.

Tamaki turned to see the crowd of girls. He was astonished at how much each girl blushed. Winter wasn't giving them any straight answers, yet they were falling head over heels for him. Tamaki also wondered if Winter would really make American food and play American music for the girls without even asking him first. Winter did seem to have a sense of entitlement and he promised these girls special treats. Hmm, perhaps the theme of American culture wouldn't be such a bad idea, but it seemed odd that it was Winter who came up with it and not Tamaki.

After a long day of entertaining guests, Tamaki decided to question him about it.

"Winter, I heard you promising to make American food and play American music for some of the guests today. Do you really think that's a good idea?" Tamaki asked him, not even looking at Winter as he asked the question from the center of the room. Winter still stayed on the couch.

"I didn't promise anyone anything, I only suggested it," Winter corrected the prince. Tamaki looked at him with a bit of surprise. He had never been corrected like that before. He had been corrected, but not in such a way that Winter did.

"That sounds like fun. Perhaps after that, we could do a Mexican theme or African theme," Haruhi suggested, defending Winter. Haruhi already like Winter and enjoyed having him around, even if Winter didn't seem that interested in her. It wasn't a romantic interest, just a interest.

"Slow down, I did not approve any of this!" Tamaki reminded them. Haruhi wondered if Tamaki would once again go on another prince rant, saying that things could only go a certain way, the Tamaki way.

"You don't need too. It's just food and music. We already have food and music, it would just be changing it a bit," Winter said. Tamaki held his mouth open slightly. Was this newcomer really telling him what to do? Tamaki was head of this group, not Winter. He noticed Winter look all the way behind himself to the doors of the music room. He simply looked at them, but he held his gaze on the doors for a while. He stood up and grabbed his book bag off the floor.

"It's time for me to go," Winter said. He started walking to the door. Only Winter knew why he looked at the doors. Even from the stairwell, he could hear his fathers voice. Most days, he just listens for his father and often leaves without even waiting to see him, but this time, he heard another voice with him. A voice that he didn't know very well. He waited a bit longer to see who his father was with. He was with another Pureblood, one that Winter didn't like. Winter didn't trust this Pureblood or his three sons, but nonetheless, his father had business with him, so he had to deal with him.

Before exiting the room, Tamaki stopped him.

"Winter, I will let you bring your American food and music, but next time, don't make any promises without asking me first," Tamaki warned.

"I understand," Winter said. He left the room and walked down the hall to greet his father and the other vampire.

"There he is; Winterhawk! It has been quite a long time, hasn't it? Do you even remember me?" the other vampire asked. Winter was slightly annoyed by the vampire's eagerness and happiness to see him. It all seemed... fake.

"Of course Dai. I was ten the last time we saw each other. How are your sons?" Winter asked the old vampire. Dai was well over 300 years, but he looked only 20, much like his father.

"Ah, Hiroki, Hisashi, and Ichiro, they are well. They are excited to meet you," Dai said. Winter watched as Dai looked up from him and past him, into the music room. Since the building was built for humans and not vampires, all three of the Purebloods could see through the walls. Dai licked his lips.

"Won't you introduce me to your friends next time?" Dai asked. A feeling boiled up in Winter's gut. There was a reason that Winter didn't like Dai. He simply didn't trust Dai. After seeing what Dai did when he was only 10... he had no reason to ever trust Dai.

Winter sighed and walked past his father and Dai, bumping shoulders with them. They both watched as the young vampire of only 15 years ignored them and continued down the stairs and outside.
Sign up to rate and review this story