Categories > Anime/Manga > Ouran High School Host Club > Never, Ever

The Humans Meet The Vampires

by esyl3 0 reviews

The Host Club invites themselves to a dinner at the Kuran household. They don't realize they have invited themselves to a dinner with vampires.

Category: Ouran High School Host Club - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2015-01-03 - Updated: 2015-01-05 - 1270 words

0Unrated
"Make sure to get rid of all the blood. It will be awfully hard to explain that it's really just flavor packets," Kain added to the chaos that was happening in the Kuran family household. Everyone was quickly preparing for the arrival of several humans who had invited themselves to dinner with several vampires. Winterhawk felt an enormous amount of two feelings: pressure, and annoyance.

Pressure about the fact that is was his friends who insisted on coming over for dinner at nearly last minute and he couldn't say no. Think about it, how could Winter have said "You can't come over because vampires are meeting to talk about vampire things that affect vampire society while drinking blood,"? He couldn't have, so Winter had to suck it up and prepare for humans, possibly the first humans to walk into the Kuran family home ever since the big move to Japan.

He also felt annoyance at his friends insisting on coming over without even giving Winter the chance to ask for approval. Perhaps they psychically knew that if he had asked his parents, Yuki and Kaname, if his friends could come over that they would say no. However, his main source of annoyance was the random appearance of Dai. Winter drew his eyes up to look at the Pureblood sitting at the other end of dinning room table. He hated Dai's presence in his home, especially after all that happened five years ago, he didn't ever want to see Dai this close to his family again. Still, he sucked up and swallowed hard as he prepared for his friends arrival.

"So, as I understand, Winter's human friends are coming over, so that is why you have to change your appearance to look older?" Dai asked, referring to Kaname and Yuki Kuran. The two Purebloods on the other side of the room turned to look at Dai, distracted from their mission of hiding all the blood tablets. Their bodies, which were normally young and firm, were now older looking. Still, they did not look their real age. In actuality, Yuki was 42 years old now, and Kaname... well, people lost track of hold old Kaname is a long time ago. Yuki made herself to look 35; Kaname, 39.

It seemed easier for Kaname and Yuki to look older and introduce themselves as Winter's mother and father then to look their preferred age and be mistaken for his brother and sister.

"Yes, Winter's friends invited themselves to dinner," Kaname answered. Kaname also felt annoyance at Winter's new friends. Tonight was a night that Kaname had set aside to discuss important matters about the Vampire Society with Dai, and now Dai would have to extend his trip all because they would have to find another time to discuss such important topics.

"If they invited themselves, why are you even letting them come over? Isn't that a little rude?" Dai asked, taking a sip from his glass that still had blood in it.

"It seemed easier to let them come over then to explain why they can't come over," Kaname said in the simplest of terms. Dai nodded and took another swig from his glass.

"Kain said to get rid of the blood," Winter reminded him. Dai shot Winter a glance before chuckling.

"Right... so he did. My bad, I'll go empty this in the kitchen," Dai said, getting up to leave. Winter sighed. This would be a long night.

Yuki and Kaname watched as their son seemed distraught by the appearance of Dai in their home. Winter had asked his father not to allow Dai's family to stay here, though he would not reveal why. All he said was that he didn't feel comfortable around Dai and that he felt Dai had problems with self-control. Kaname insisted that his son relax, as Kaname had not been given any reason to resist Dai or to not trust Dai. However, ever since picking his son up from the school and having to see the way Dai acted to seeing Winter's friends, he couldn't help but wonder what it was that Winter was so worried about.

Yuki, continuing her goal of hiding the blood tablets, looked up for a mere second, but upon seeing her husbands face, she looked back up again. Yuki followed Kaname's stare to Winter. She could hear his heart beat a little harder and his breathing get a little heavier. She glanced back up at her husband and placed and hand on his chest, catching his attention.

"What is it Kaname?" she asked. Kaname looked at the soft yet firm hand on his chest and up to the beautiful eye to which it belonged. He placed his hand over Yuki's.

"Nothing. I just hope that Winter isn't right about Dai," he responded.

xXx[//]

"I'm sorry that we showed up unexpected. I tried to convince them otherwise!" Haruhi said as Yuki Kuran led them to the dining area.

"Oh, it wasn't that much trouble, but thank you for the flowers and the chocolate! Please, come in," Yuki said, setting the gifts on a table by the door. The entire Host Club piled into dining room, and the humans looked at the vampires as the vampires looked back at the humans.

"Everyone, these are my friends," Winter said, standing up. He held his hand out to the Host Club.

"Tamaki Suoh, Kyoya Ootori, Mitskuni Haninozuka, Fujikoa Haruhi, Kaoru and Hikaru Hitachiin, and Takashi Morinozuka. Guys, you'll be sitting over here, with me," Winter said, gesturing at the many open spaces around him on the large dining room table. The Host Club members all took their respective seats, as did Yuki.

"Guys, these are my parents, Kaname and Yuki," he said, gesturing towards his parents. Greeting and welcoming were said back and forth before Winter continued.

"These are some of our family friends, Akatsuki Kain, Ruka Kain, Hanabusa Aido, Yori Aido, Dai Wakahisa, and his sons, Hiroki Wakahisa, Hisashi Wakahisa, and Ichiru Wakahisa," Winter introduced. Again, greetings and welcoming's were exchanged, but only one stood out to Winter.

Dai, yet again, licked his lips while looking at the group of friends. He set his attention on Haruhi, only looking at her.

"Nice to meet you," he said, still only looking at her. Winter noticed that Haruhi immediately felt uncomfortable. He sat back in his chair, silently cursing Dai in his head.

xXx

"Thank you for the wonderful cooking, it was perfect!" Tamaki said as he exited the Kuran household. Yuki and Kaname followed them out, as did Winter. The Kuran family walked the Host Club to the Suoh family limo after a wonderful meal that turned out better then expected.

"I hope to visit you again," Tamaki said with his classic kingly charm.

The Host Club gave one last goodbye before climbing into the large limo. Kaname and Yuki walked themselves back up into the house. Kaname took note that Dai was also standing outside. He claimed to be coming outside for a smoke, but when Kaname looked to see what he was doing, Dai was most definitely not smoking. He felt another pang in his stomach, another fear that perhaps his son was right.

Dai, with finally everyone back inside, decided upon something. He waited until the limo filled with young, ripe humans left the immediate area. He looked over his shoulder to check, and when he was sure no one was there, he transformed his body. The young Pureblood changed into a bat, a special ability he had learned to do, and flew over the limo, making note of where each and every Host Club member lived.
Sign up to rate and review this story