Categories > Anime/Manga > Ouran High School Host Club > Never, Ever

The Vampire Bites the Human

by esyl3 0 reviews

All the Host Club members are trying to decide what they will be doing for spring break, and Dai take advantage of the fact that the Kurans will be going out of the country.

Category: Ouran High School Host Club - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2015-01-18 - 2061 words

0Unrated
"I suppose I can ask my parents, but I don't think they would say yes," Winterhawk said into his silver phone. He spoke in English, not Japanese, so the Host Club had a hard time understanding him. They could make out a few words here and there, especially Kyoya and Haruhi, who were both good in English, but overall, they didn't know what Winterhawk was talking about.

Winterhawk was discussing spring break plans with his cousin, Arata. He was the son of Senri Shiki and Rima Toya, which technically made him his cousin. However, Winterhawk viewed him as a buddy more than a cousin. Arata felt the same way. Although he had been told by his parents that he was to treat Winterhawk as the Pureblood prince he is, Arata never did. In fact, you could say that Arata was to Winterhawk what Tamaki was to Kyoya, as Arata had a much louder personality then Winter.

"Well, I will talk to them about it, but my parents have been very busy lately," he continued. He didn't want to tell Arata what was going on in his life as far as Dai went since he saw no need to worry his cousin, a fellow vampire, over what might be nothing. Winter knew that the Kuran's had a tendency to be a bit dramatic, so he tried to shrug off his own suspicions as best he could.

"Just... with stuff. We just moved so we are still adjusting. My parents haven't been back here for a while, so they are kind of catching up on what's been happening," Winterhawk replied. He looked over his shoulder to the Host Club. The members all seemed to be occupied doing their own different things, although secretly almost all the members were trying to decode what it was that Winter was saying. He spoke in a language they had all learned some of but had never really used, so they were interested in what he was saying.

"Yes, it certainly is. I will talk to you later online, okay? I have to get back to my club. Bye Arata," Winter said. A few minutes later he ended the call with his cousin.

"What was that about? You were speaking with him for a long time," Kyoya asked as Winter pulled his chair up to the table that he was sitting at.

"Spring break plans. My cousin wants me to go to his house in Florida, but I don't think I will be able to join him. My parents probably want me to stay here, but if I do go, I'll be gone for the break, give or take a day or two," Winter said. He continued to fiddle around on his phone, checking his social media sites for updates as he often did. His parents had given him a new phone and he was still getting used to it.

"Your cousin is American?" Honey asked to his side. He was of course eating cake while Mori sat between the two of them.

"Yes, he lives in America. Many of my parents friends and family members have lived in America at some point," Winter added.

"Is it for the private Association they are a part of?" Kyoya asked, typing away on his computer with a smug smirk on his face. Winter's body froze for a mere second. There were many questions going through his brain, such as How did he find out about that? and Why does he want to know that?

Winter analyzed. Technically, anyone could learn about the existence of the Vampire Association. All they had to do was dig deep enough. However, human society was still not allowed to know of vampires, so the actual purpose of the association is kept a secret, and only vampires, vampire hunters, and survivors of vampire attacks could know about such a society. He knew that Kyoya couldn't know what the association was really about, but just the fact that Kyoya had gone snooping...

Winter smirked himself and turned to Kyoya.

"How did you find out about that?" Winter simply asked.

"I did a little research. After Haruhi's acceptance into the school, I realized that Ouran will let a wide variety of people into our school, and I wanted to find out what they do for a living. I did't find much, just that they are a part of a private association, but it must be a big deal if you guys are making so much good money," Kyoya explained. He never even bothered to look up at Winter as he explained himself, only continuing to type into his computer. Winter looked him up and down. Kyoya didn't even look the littlest bit uncomfortable or stressed. In fact, he didn't seem to care at all. Winter would have gotten mad, but he decided to interpret it in the way that Kyoya simply didn't see the information he stumbled upon important or fascinating, which was a good thing. Winter exhaled and turned back to his phone.

"I've never been outside the country. What's it like in America?" Haruhi asked. Winter hated being asked this question personally, because he never knew how to respond. How could he describe a entire country to someone who had never experienced it before? He sighed as he sat back in his chair and sipped on his tea.

"America is quite different from Japan, but it some ways, the same. America is just as advanced as Japan when it comes to technology, if not, more, and Japan and American culture are obsessed with similar things. However, I suppose you would say that America is much more laid back. In America, there are no honorifics for names and the whole 'respect your elders' thing has kind of died, but it's not considered a really bad thing. It's just normal in America," Winter answered. He continued sipping his rose tea, his favorite flavor, as Haruhi continued playing solitaire.

There was a brief silence in the Host Club room, as everyone was busy doing their own things. There was nothing more to discuss, at least until Winter's phone rang again. This time his fathers name appeared on the screen. Winter scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. Why was his father calling him? His father never called.

"Hello?" he asked. From the sound of his fathers voice, he could tell that Kaname had again chosen to be young instead of older. In all honesty, Winter liked it better when his parents chose to look younger. Not only because they looked better, but because he got to see what they looked like when they were falling love, getting married, and having children... well, he got to see what his mother looked like. No one really wanted to see what Kaname would look like.

After a brief discussion with his father, Winter again hung up and sat his phone down on the table. He had been told some surprising news.

"Looks like I am going to Florida after all. My whole family is going, even my grandfather," Winter said. He was surprised that his father agreed to such a thing, but nonetheless, he was happy to go back to see his family members. Arata also mentioned that he was planning on inviting some of his and Winter's mutual friends, and it would be good to see them again. Also, going back to America would feel nice, since being in Japan felt so strange to Winter.

"Well, that will be fun!" Haruhi said. She smiled as she flipped over a few cards. Honey silently giggled as he ate his whipped cream covered strawberry cake. Winter internally chuckled.

"I hope so. We leave early tomorrow morning. It's so sudden, unlike my father, but he's done some crazy things in his lifetime, so who knows," Winter said.

After ending club activities, each club member went back to their respective homes. Tamaki prepared for a week of relaxing and perhaps spending some time with Haruhi... and the other members of course. Hikaru and Kaoru started packing up for their trip to the Caribbeans. Honey and Mori planned out all their activities for the next week. Kyoya stayed up late planning Host Club activities for after spring break. Winterhawk immediately started packing, his younger sister helping him.

Haruhi walked home, humming to herself a little tune on the way. She was later than she thought she would be, but there was a detour because of construction and there was also a long line at the grocery store, so she had taken longer then she wanted. She started walking up the stairs to her apartment, noticing her fathers car still not in the parking lot. She knew he would be working late, which she hated. She opened the door to her apartment and sat her groceries on the counter.

As Haruhi took her shoes off, a dark form on the other side of the wall lurked, watching her through the doorway. She hadn't even noticed the figure, or the open window for that matter. She walked back into the kitchen to put away all her groceries that would go bad otherwise. Her milk, eggs, meat, all that good stuff. She left the cereal and snacks out so that her father could easily find something to eat when he got home.

As Haruhi turned to corner to go to her bedroom, it was then that she noticed the strange yet slightly familiar figure. She gasped as she realized her home had been broken into, and since nothing was broken or missing, she knew that this person was hiding from her on purpose. He was waiting for someone to come home.

"What's the matter Haruhi?" the voiced said. She could barely make out who the person was. It was dark enough that she couldn't see him and his voice was quiet enough that she couldn't hear him.

"Your little Host Club isn't here to protect you know, are they?" he said, chuckling. He took a step toward her. She panicked, beginning to run to the kitchen in search of a knife. Though frightened, Haruhi was a smart and quick girl. She knew she had to act to defend herself.

The figure, however, didn't stop. As he walked into the lighted kitchen, she quickly remembered the figure from the dinner last night. He was one of the Kuran's guest, but she couldn't remember who. She quickly grabbed the biggest knife she could find and pointed it at the stranger.

"Say, did Winterhawk ever tell you what private association he and his parents are a part of?" Dai asked. He moved so quickly that Haruhi had no time to react as he grabbed her wrist and pushed her against the wall, her knife falling on the floor. She looked up at the man, her eyes slowly filling with tears. What did this man want? Money? Her possessions? Sex? Whatever it was, Haruhi just hoped he would be quick and let her live. That was all she cared about. In her terrified mind, she even though He can rape me if he wants, just let me live!

He pulled her closer, grabbing her by the waist. He smiled, baring his large fangs at her. She gasped. She was close enough to see that he did not have false teeth on. His fangs were real.

Her eyes widened at the thoughts that were going through her mind. His fangs were only inches away from her face and he had a tight grip on her. This couldn't be... this couldn't possibly be... No...

"Want me to show you?" he asked. He chuckled as his other hand let go of Haruhi's wrist and gripped the back of her neck. Tears now spilled. The only thing worst than knowing what was going to happen was not knowing. The whole situation went from a break in to something Haruhi knew nothing about. She had no idea what he was talking about, what he wanted, what he was doing, or why he was doing. She yelled out for help as he got closer to her, but he covered her mouth.

The last thing Haruhi remembered before blacking out was the feeling of something going into her neck, like two hot rods stabbing through her flesh, making her insides burn like lava as she felt a thirst she never had before.
Sign up to rate and review this story