Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Under a Watchful Eye

Under a Watchful Eye

by mysecretthoughts 1 review

A character reads the books story that is heavy on Harry/Sirius bonding.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres:  - Characters: Harry,Sirius - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2014-12-29 - 2374 words

0Unrated


For new readers UAWE is a character reads the books story with a very strong emphasis on Sirius and Harry. There is also a lot of Weasley family drama. There is minor (very minor) Molly and Hermione bashing and will have some Ginny bashing during the last two books. There is a lot of Dumbledore bashing but he might (might!) end up being a good guy at the end. It'll be one story, so no stopping and switching to the sequel every time they start a new book. Also, though this is a character reads the books story, the books aren't actually anywhere in it. But I worked very hard so that you do not have to have the books memorized or have to follow along with the book as you read. As long as you familiar with Harry Potter's story you will be able to understand my story.

To everyone who's read Uawe before, welcome back. I have added some new content, more Sirius and Harry interaction, and some more hints about who sent them the books. I have also incorporated the outtakes into the story itself.

Disclaimers: I don't own the Harry Potter stories, I'm not making any money off of the franchise and I certainly don't want to harm the product in any way. I feel very blessed that I have the opportunity to place the stories that fill my head onto paper and let others see them.

Warnings: The basis of my story is Harry and Sirius forming a family and with that comes trials, tribulations and consequences. There will be scoldings, punishments and I have two short spanking scenes. I feel that they are well done and add a depth to the story. In no way do I promote child abuse or the hitting of teens. So please don't accuse me of that.

Spoiler alert: If you haven't read all seven books or seen the movies you might want to do that before reading my story!



Meeting of the Order of the Phoenix

Number 12 Grimmauld Place

Winter holidays, 5th year

Severus Snape had finished giving his report of the latest Death Eater activity and now stared resolutely at the opposite wall. He didn't want to take the chance that he would meet accusing eyes. He was well aware that all but one of the assembled group had at least some doubts about his allegiance. He held back a sigh, a small but ignored piece of him wishing that things could be different.

The babble of conversation flowing around the room was abruptly interrupted by a small pop! and the thumping of a book onto the center of the table. Instinctively half of the group grabbed their wands as they stared around in anticipation. When minutes passed with no further activity they turned their attention to the book.

"It appears there is a letter here," Albus Dumbledore stated as he lifted the envelope from the cover of the book. "Ah, it is addressed to the Order..." he mused, opening the envelope.

Hello Dumbledore. I know that you will be the one reading this as you will not be able to bear someone else knowing something ahead of you.

Silver eyebrows rose as there were amused coughs from around the table.

"Am I that predictable?" He inquired dryly before continuing. Many of those gathered tried to conceal their mirth out of respect for the old man.

Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. Now if you haven't already looked, and Remus I'm really surprised if you haven't...

The werewolf in question flushed as he looked up from the book he had picked up. There was a smatter of laughter around him. Sirius slapped him on the back, grinning widely.

The book is from the future, printed in the months after the end of the war from memories. It is only the first of seven and it chronicles the school years of the Boy-Who-Lived. And yes, Severus, it is necessary to go back in time to the first year instead of starting from the current location. It is all necessary to understand why and how.

Snape resisted rolling his eyes at the dramatics, sliding his indifferent mask in place.

Dumbledore, despite being unnerved by the whole situation, was showing an alarming amount of twinkle at the attitude displayed in the letter.

Now to finish there are rules. First we are missing players. Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and the Weasley children need to be present. Yes Molly, all of the children. Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood are waiting in the square to be brought inside. I have arranged through other means to have them spend the rest of their holiday at Headquarters.

I have made arrangements for food to be delivered when needed.

Once you start reading your magic will be useless. There will be no pranking, hexing, or killing. Sorry Sirius, but this is for the welfare of everybody.


The next book will only appear once you have completed the current one. Using the considerable magic available from the House of Black you will be enclosed in a time bubble of sorts. Time inside the house is moving at a much slower rate than the outside world. You will find that one week here will only equal a day out there. Time will be restored at the end of the last book, or if you all wish, can be continued until the end of the christmas holiday giving you a total of five weeks together.

All members of the reading must be present at all times or the the book will seal itself.

You are being given a rare chance to change the future for the better. Don't waste it.

Toujours Pur

In family if nothing else

Sirius flashed his eyes to Remus at the signature. It was the Black family motto and while it could point to any number of people the majority of those individuals were dark. Add in the fact that they seemingly had control of the family magic in the future did not paint a very good outlook.

"Maybe you sent them back." Remus murmured. "The last line certainly does sound like you."

Sirius snorted. "If I had I would have eliminated the greasy git and possibly the old coot and taken us back a lot further. I wouldn't have waited until Harry was 15." He pointed out just as quietly. The rest of the room was busy examining the books.

The werewolf shrugged. "I suppose it could be Harry. He is your heir after all. Maybe this year is important for a reason we don't know yet."

"I suppose we have very little choice in the matter." Dumbledore announced with a clap of his hands. At his words the room elongated to accommodate several chairs and couches for comfort.

"I believe I should go escort our guests. Molly, if you would get the children."

"I really don't see why they have to be involved at all-!" she started, staring defiantly at the older man. "They aren't in the Order. Ginny's only fourteen, as is Luna. It's not safe!" she added fiercely.

"It's only words at this time. Nothing more. And really we don't have a choice if we want to have the chance to change the future." Remus started in a calm and reasonable voice.

"Besides these children have lived through four of these books already. I am sure we are going to get far more out of it then they are." Arthur added quietly, prompting his wife to give in with a small huff.

Sirius slipped off, knowing his godson would be waiting in the third story study for him. Thanks to Molly Weasley and Dumbledore they had resorted to secret meetings just for a bit of time together. Thankfully the two didn't seem to realize they were dealing with a marauder and a marauder in training.

"Hey pup." He greeted as he entered the room.

"Sirius." The teen looked up with a grin. "Took you long enough. Did the meeting hold you up or did Mrs. Weasley get her hooks into you again."

"Something else actually." He said taking the seat next to his godson. He gave the book the kid was thumbing through a disapproving look that had the kid blushing.

"Something good?" Harry asked as he hastily set down the book. It wasn't worth getting into an argument about something he'd picked up in boredom and he certainly didn't want to cut their time short.

"Odd certainly." Sirius explained about the sudden appearance of the books from the future.

"But that's good right?" Harry asked looking excited. "If they can help get you cleared and help us get rid of the mad man then we can leave like we talked about."

"Yeah that's the plan but well the title of the book indicate that its your memories that are used." He pointed out gently.

Harry frowned unsure how he felt about that. He didn't really care about the others, it would be worth it to end the war. It was Sirius he was worried about. Their relationship had grown in the last year and half through secret letters and meetings, even more than his friends knew about. If they were revealed certain people might find a way to stop them.

And he had to factor in his godfather's reaction to his adventures. The man had proved to be a very protective and pretty strict guardian. Normally Harry relished the attention the man gave him but they hadn't had to contend with dragons, spiders and snakes.

Sirius gave him a knowing look. "I know there are a lot of things in the books you might not want me to know about and I can't promise that I won't over react. You know how I feel about your life being in danger. I do promise not to try to embarrass you in front of your friends and I would like the opportunity to know more about you."

Harry gave a long sigh. "I guess I don't really have a choice." he mumbled.

Sirius moved so that he was staring his godson in the eyes. "You always have a choice. If you really don't want to do this then we won't. The note said we all had to be present. The whole thing doesn't start until we open the first book. I'll refuse to join in and everyone will have to leave."

The dark haired teen smiled gratefully at his godfather. "Thanks Sirius but I'm okay. Besides neither one of us can really live until he's gone right? So lets go find out how to get rid of him."

The older man gave him a proud look. "Anytime you change your mind just let me know."

The descended the stairs together coming upon an irate Molly Weasley on the second floor landing. "Harry, there you are. I've been looking all over for you. Ron said you left to go to the loo and never came back."

"Sorry Mrs. Weasley. I was exploring the house. Sirius caught me snooping through some books." He explained biting his lip to keep from yelling at her.

"Knowing him he probably encouraged you." She muttered not noticing the way the teen's expression darkened. "Well come on we're needed in the drawing room."

The two exchanged exasperated looks before following her, stumbling to a stop at the terrified yell. Harry looked down to find his dorm mate Neville Longbottom cowering against the wall as he stared up the stairs.

"That's...that's Sirius Black." He yelled out.

Harry sighed and hurried to his friend's side. "Neville its not what it looks like. He didn't kill anyone. He was set up and they put him in Azkaban without a trial. He broke out to protect me. He's my godfather."

"He's not going to hurt anyone?" The round faced boy asked, considerably calmer as he started trustingly at his friend.

Harry gave a half grin. "Well he might be yelling at me quiet a lot but that's what godfathers do." He said earning a laugh from the man in question. "You're here to read with us?"

Neville nodded. "Yeah my Gran got a note. She didn't seem happy but she brought me over."

"Well come on, I'll introduce you to everyone." He stopped when the front door opened and a small blond came in followed by Dumbledore.

"Luna." He called in surprise. He pulled Sirius forward before she could start screaming. "This is Sirius Black, my godfather and he's perfectly safe."

She gave them a serene smile. "I know that. I've been looking forward to meeting you." She said shaking the confused man's hand.

Harry laughed and led the two teens into the dining room. "Lets see, you guys know Dumbledore, McGonagall and Snape. Really wish he didn't have to be here. You know Moody from last year, he's the real Moody not the fake." he shrugged off Neville's confused look. "I guess you'll understand that if we read about our fourth year. So that's Kingsley Shacklebolt and Emmeline Vance. They're in the Order which is a group that Dumbledore put together. Not really sure why they're here but they must be important somehow. Mr and Mrs Weasley and those two are Ron's older brother's Bill and Charlie. That's Tonks. She's an auror and Sirius's cousin. And Professor Lupin but you can just call him Remus or Moony I guess. And you know the rest of us."

The Weasley twins noticed him at that moment. "Hey Harry." Fred called. "I heard we're going to be reading all about you."

Harry gave them a sarcastic grin back. "You do realize that I spend most of my time with your family so we're going to be reading about you too." He chuckled as they exchanged slightly panicked looks. Crossing the room he took a seat next to his godfather on the overly large sectional.

Ron fell into the seat next to him. "I really think this is going to be the worst week of my life." He moaned.

"It could be worse." Hermione pointed out as she joined them. She shrugged when they turned to look at her. "We could be reading in front of the whole school."
Sign up to rate and review this story