Categories > Anime/Manga > Attack on Titan

The Pit

by WiseMuffin 1 review

Another mission beyond the walls. The goal? Get to Shinganshina and Eren Jaeger's basement. What they find is utterly surprising...

Category: Attack on Titan - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Humor - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2015-02-16 - 544 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Captain!” a terrified voice called behind Levi.
The Corporal gripped the reins of his horse tighter as a sickening crunch sounded from behind him. He cringed as a scream of fear was cut short.
“Hurry up with that flare!” he snarled to Eren.
“Sir, I’m all out of them!”
“How can you be out of flares?!”
“I just am, sir!”
“I’ll do it,” growled Jean as a deafening crack split the air. Purple smoke shot upwards.
“Purple?!” snarled Levi.
“It’s a distress signal isn’t it?”
“We’re not in-”
Levi was cut off as Jean was lifted from his horse by an arm and dropped into the mouth of a Titan.
“Let’s move it! We’re not getting a head start!” Levi ordered. He snapped the reins on his horse as a huge hand just barely missed his head.
A familiar scream erupted from behind him. Levi ruefully turned back just in time to see Mikasa get swallowed.
“No!” Eren yowled as he raised his thumb to his mouth.
“Stop it!” Levi barked.
“But-”
“That’s an order, soldier!”
“Levi, with all due respect, are you insane?!” Armin hissed. “We’re dropping like flies, the best plan would be to let Eren transform!”
“We’d get killed by the explosion!”

“We… we made it…” Eren whispered as he gazed at the remains of his house. The key around his neck sparkled in the sun.
“We’ve found the door!” Mike called from the rubble. “Jaeger, come see if that key works!”
Eren removed the key once he was at the door and inserted it into the door knob. Click!
“It works!” Eren exclaimed as he swung open the door.
The basement was entirely empty except for a ball pit filled with rainbow plastic balls. Inside, there was a note which read:
Eren-
Considering you are the most stubborn little shit I have ever had the misfortune to make and know; chances are you’ve joined the Recon Corps. That being said, please tell your Commander that whoever has killed the most Titans gets an extra hour in this ball pit.
Best of luck,
Grisha Jaeger

Seething with anger, Eren grabbed the note in a tight fist and stormed from the basement.

Levi knocked on the door to Erwin’s office.
“Enter,” a deep voice said from beyond the door.
Levi walked in with the crumpled note in hand. Inside, Erwin was scribbling something down on some parchment.
“Erwin…” he mumbled.
“Yes?” Erwin asked, not looking up from what he was writing.
“I killed a lot of Titans today,” Levi remarked.
“Yes, you did.” Erwin sighed.
“I killed the most Titans today.”
“Yes, I know.”
“Does that mean I get the extra hour?” Levi asked hopefully.
Erwin looked up with a confused look on his face and dropped the pencil. “Huh?”
“In the Ball Pit we brought back from Jaeger’s basement. Do I get the extra hour in it?”
“Umm…”
“Promise me I get the extra hour.”
“You get the extra hour.”
“Hell yes.”

Author's Note:
I decided to write something that isn't morbid as hell for a change. One of my friends asked for me to include something they saw in a Tumblr post, so I happily obliged.
Sign up to rate and review this story