Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Demolition Love Affair

Chapter 2

by ricki_frerard 1 review

Gerard makes his stupidest mistake yet

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2015-03-04 - 1510 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2
Gerard's P.O.V.

As I got back on the bus, I instantly regretted what I had said to Frank. I don't even know why I said that! I know he loves me with all his heart, and I love him that much too, but I know that I'll never be good enough for him. At least that's what my demons say, and I believe them. I've started listening to them more and more these days. Like when they said Frank won't wait for me; that he can find someone better in the 3 months I was going to wait to break up with Lyn-z.

I went to my bunk, ignoring Ray's and Mikey's questioning looks as I passed by them. They were cuddling on the couch (Luckily! Last time they were on the couch together Frank, Bob, and I walked in on them doing the frickle frackle). I didn't want to be there when Frank walked in, probably about to cry. I couldn't face him right now.

Just as I was closing the curtain, I heard the bus door open. "Frankie? What's wrong with Gerard?" I heard Mikey ask.

"Nothing's wrong. Why would you think something's wrong?" Frank practically snarled.

"Don't be fuckin' pissed at him cuz you and Gee had a fight," Ray said, standing up for his boyfriend.

"Whatever." I could hear footsteps coming down the hall to the bunk area, so I scurried to the corner of my bunk and curled into a ball. There wasn't much room, but I didn't care. I could see a figure silhouetted on my curtain in the shape of a certain short band member. When I had finally worked up the courage to apologize, but had decided too late because he was turning away and climbing into his bunk.

He doesn't deserve me....

But neither does Lyn-z.


They both could find someone better than me very easily. Lyn is beautiful, smart, a great bassist, and would make a wonderful mother one day. Frank is adorable, funny, a rad guitarist; the list could go on forever. I shouldn't break both of their hearts. I already broke Frankie's and he probably hates me now, so why bother pursuing anything with him?

I shouldn't break Lyn's too and end it with her. She seems happy now. I shouldn't have even considered leaving her. I need to make it up to her, I thought as I got my phone out of my back pocket. I slunk out of my bunk and silently made my way off the bus. Ray and Mikey were fast asleep on the couch, to which I was thankful for.

I dialed Lyn-z's number. After 4 rings she picked up. "Hello?" she said.

"Hey Lyn, it's Gee. I wanted to ask you something," I said.

"And that is?"

"Well uh... Will you uh..."

"Will I what Gerard?"

"Will you marry me?" I asked nervously.

There was a long, drawn out pause. Oh glob what have I done.... Then there was a shriek loud enough to be heard from the next galaxy.

"YESYESYESHOLYSHITYESGERARDABILLIONTIMESYES!!!!!!!!!" she answered in that understandable gibberish she has mastered.

"Really?" I asked, astonished.

"Yes really you idiot!" she exclaimed. "Of course I'll marry you Gerard. I love you."

"Let's do it tomorrow. After the concert," I suggested. I wanted to do it as soon as possible because I know that as soon as I see Frank, I won't be able to go through with it.

"Why so soon? I mean I'm totally not against it but.... Why?"

"I just uh... don't wanna wait is all," the lie rolling off my tongue easily. For awhile now, I've been starting to get really good with lying to everyone. Everyone except Frank that is.

"Oh okay..." I could hear the slight tinge of doubt in her voice. "Well that sounds great! Right now I'm extremely tired and need some sleep. I need my beauty sleep for my wedding tomorrow." In my head, I could see the smirk she probably had on her face right now.

"You don't need sleep to look beautiful sweetheart. You're always beautiful, " I reassured her.

Lyn-z chuckled and said, "Goodnight, fiancé. Love you," then hung up.

I headed back on the bus. Mikey and Ray were still asleep. I walked back to the bunk area. I could hear Frank's soft snores, guessing he had fallen asleep while I was outside. Sighing, I got back into my bunk, laid down, and began to cry. Eventually, my tears dried up and my eyes became droopy. I'm so sorry Frankie, I thought as I slipped into unconsciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gerard?" I heard a soft voice ask timidly.

I grunted and turned over, opening my eyes and being met with beautiful hazel ones. I blinked a few times, thinking I was still dreaming. "It's almost time for the concert Gerard," Frank said and left. I noticed how his eyes were red rimmed- not with his usual make up, but from crying. Knowing I had probably caused that brought fresh tears to my eyes.

I sighed, remembering what I had asked Lyn-z last night. I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to get my daily coffee. When I walked in, everyone- being Bob, Ray, and Mikey- were staring at me like I was a mutilated specimen. "Why are you all looking at me like that?" I asked.

"You look like shit bro," my ever-so brutally honest younger brother told me.

"And morning wood," Bob chimed in.

"WHAT?!?" I shrieked and looked down, seeing my raging hard on. Then I remembered my wet dream. Frank and I had been doing our 'stage' gay routine, which turned into him blowing me in front of a huge crowd. Damn my gender. Why can't I be a girl? I got the sass (and the ass) for it!

Just then, said cause of my not-so-little problem decided to walk in- shirtless. His hair was dripping wet, presumably from the shower he had just taken. His jeans were slung low around his hips, showing the sculpted V that lead to his massive-

I quickly looked away, blushing profusely. Stop this Gerard. You don't deserve him. You're marrying Lyn-z, so stop fantasizing about Frank, I chastised myself. I so wished that I could listen to my own thoughts. I listen to the bad and not the good because I'm an idiot like that.

"Are you okay Gerard?" Ray asked. "You're a tomato."

"Yeah I'm fine.... Coffee. I just need coffee," I said, trying to convince myself more than Ray and the others. I searched the kitchen cabinets for my favorite mug and the instant coffee.

"You think coffee makes everything better Gee," Mikey said nonchalantly.

"Because it does," I argued. "It takes away hunger and makes people happy."

"He makes a valid argument," Bob agreed with me. I think I might've heard Frank whisper, "Not always," but ignored it.

“Thanks Bob,” I said and continued on with my coffee hunt. After fixing my coffee, I went to the couch and sat next to Mikey who was texting. Ray had went to go take a shower and get changed and Bob was sitting on the floor playing video games with Frank. We all sat there until it was time to go to the stage. Only Bob and Frank talked to (well more like yelled at) each other. Ray came out just as Brian came in and hauled us off to the stage.

“MSI is already there; they’re going on first. Then you guys go on, and Gerard?” Brian said as we walked into the building.

“Yeah?” I said.

“No making out with Lyn-z, got it?” He gave me one of his famous don’t-fuck-up-or-there-will-be-consequences looks.

“Aye aye cap’n!” I said and saluted him. He shook his head and kept walking. I snuck a glance over to Frank at Brian’s statement. He was looking down and shaking his head, a disgusted look on his face. I wonder what’s going through that pretty little head of his. Probably that I’ll ignore Brian and sneak off with Lyn-z somewhere. He probably thinks I’m a horrible person…

When we walked through the door, MSI was getting ready to head out on stage. I went over to Lyn-z who was spinning around in circles, looking around like a lost puppy. When she saw me, her face lit up and she ran the rest of the distance to me; flinging herself into my open arms.


“Hey baby- oops I mean fiancé,” she said with a giggle. “So when are we gonna tell everyone if we’re doing this after the show?”

“Five minutes MSI!” a stagehand yelled as he passed by.

“How about now sugar?” I asked her.

“Sure sweetheart,” she said and kissed my cheek. “Hey everybody, we have an announcement,” she said over the commotion.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. As I exhaled, I put a faux smile on my face and said, “So, it’s been decided that Lyn-z and I are getting married.”
Sign up to rate and review this story