Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Demolition Love Affair

Chapter 3

by ricki_frerard 2 reviews

Bullshit and lies

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2015-03-04 - 756 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3
Frank’s P.O.V.

“So, it’s been decided that Lyn-z and I are getting married,” Gerard said to everyone before the show. I was facing away from him, tuning Pansy, when he dropped the bomb. My heart hammered against my ribcage; it completely stopped when he uttered his next sentence. “We didn’t want to wait for long, so the wedding’s gonna be after the concert tonight.”

Immediately, everybody started to congratulate them; everyone except for me. Even Mikey, Bob, and Ray, who all knew about our plans to be together; even though they had uncertain looks on their faces. When there were less people around the newly engaged couple, I hesitantly walked up to them, standing right in front of Gerard. I tried as best as I could to keep a smile on my face. “I hope you two are very happy together,” I said, a hint of hostility in my voice.

The smile on his face faltered. “Th-thank you Frank,” he said, looking everywhere but at me.

“Thank you so much Frankie,” Lyn-z says with a genuine smile. I give her the fakest smile I have ever mustered then walked away. I can’t believe he asked her to marry him! I thought he wanted to be with me; to marry me… I was the one who was there for him through everything! His depression, his drug and alcohol problems, even his first engagement. I’ve always loved him. He’s only known Lyn-z for not even four fucking months.

He’s marrying her because he doesn’t want you anymore, the terrible voices in my head said. Do you really think he’d be with a piece of shit like you when he can have a sexy, talented girl like her?

Shut up! He’s said I’m beautiful. He’s said I’m a phenomenal guitarist, I scream in my head.

She can give him a life without judgement. If you two were together, so many people would be against you; even your own family. Your family is homophobic because of their religion; that’s why you never came out to them.

I could give him that too! Fuck my family! Most of the people we know aren’t homophobes. Besides, homophobia is gay.

She can give him children and be a loving wife. He can have a
real family.

With that, I shut up. I couldn’t give him that. We could have a surrogate, but it wouldn’t be the same. Only one of us could be the biological father; it wouldn’t be fair to the other. We could adopt, but that wouldn’t be the same either. There’s all the documentation and the waiting list is longer than a motherfucker. And even if we do have a baby somehow, their life would suck. They’d get bullied at school for having two dads even though most kids nowadays have either one dad or one mom.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder and I spun around. It was only Bob who had touched me. “Dude, are you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m perfectly fine. Why wouldn’t I be?” I gave him a look that practically screamed bullshit.

“You’re crying,” he said bluntly.

I reached up to feel my face and surely enough, there were tears streaming down my cheeks. I hadn’t even noticed I was crying. I guess when you’re in a heated argument with yourself, you don’t notice small things like tears.

“I-i’m just so happy for G-gee and Lyn is all,” I stuttered.

“I smell bullshit, major bullshit,” Mikey said as he walked over to us, wearing his signature poker face.

“It’s not!” I yelled. A few of the people closest to our little group gave us questioning looks, but we ignored them. Instead, Mikey and Bob looked at me like I was insane.

Just then, Ray decided to make an appearance, wrapping his arm around Mikey’s waist. He glanced at all our faces then asked, “What’d I miss?”

I was about to explain, but Mikey beat me to it. “Frank is in denial. He thinks he’s happy for Gerard- which he might be- but it’s clear he’s about to have a breakdown.”

“Fine maybe I am, but who cares? He loves her, not me, so just drop it!” I said then, I ran. I ran away from everything; the concert, the venue, the news, my friends, Gerard...
Sign up to rate and review this story