Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Unhinged

Chapter 15

by nikki13088 0 reviews

PLEASE REVIEW!!!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Draco,Ginny,Hermione - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2015-03-07 - 6353 words - Complete

0Unrated
Molly and Arthur led Narcissa to stay in Charlie's room where they put a charm on the room so she couldn't get out. They would wait until the morning to question her. They made their way back downstairs to their beat up family. Ginny was looking at Draco sitting on the porch through the kitchen window. Her heart ached for him right now; she couldn't stomach the way Narcissa spoke to him like he was nothing more than dirt. She felt her eyes fill with tears and quickly wiped them away. She felt her Mom and Dad come up behind her and she buried her face in her Dad's chest.

"Alright guys, let's go get cleaned up and get some rest. Kingsley and McGonagall will be here in the morning to question Narcissa." Arthur said to them, rubbing Ginny's back as she let her tears silently slide down her face.

They all started clearing out of the kitchen and headed upstairs.

"I think Draco could use a kind word dear" Molly said to her daughter with a small smile.

Ginny pulled back from her Father's embrace and gave a nod, then made her way out the back door.

She closed the door and just stood there watching him.

"Hey," she said with a small voice.

He didn't say anything but got up and took a few steps into the field of snow and hung his head. She felt fresh tears fall down her face at how bad she felt for him.

"Draco" she called to him with more emotion in her voice.

He just stood there, he wasn't sure if he was more hurt or angry at his Mother.

Ginny quickly walked up behind him and grabbed him into a hug resting her head on his back and snaking her hands around his waist.

"Please don't listen to her, please Draco, don't let her get to you," she cried into his back.

He turned to face her and his eyes went straight to a cut on her face.

"You're bleeding," he said, lifting his hand to her cheek.

She winced in pain when he lightly touched it. "Yeah, it's from earlier in town"

"Are you alright?" he asked her noticing a small bruise on the other side of her face.

"Draco, I'm fine...........but you're not" she said and then noticed a giant welt mark on his cheek from where his Mother hit him.

"Yeah..........but I will be," he said with a half smile.

He put his arm around her and they walked back inside together.

_______________________________________________

Draco was making his way back from the bathroom in the middle of night when he heard crying. He walked closer towards the sound and saw there was a dim light from down in the living room. He descended the stairs quietly and saw it was Hermione. She was sitting on the couch with her legs folded and her head in her hands. He thought of turning to leave, but something made him walk over to her. He sat down and looked into the small fire she started.

"You ok?" he asked softly.

She wiped her face, but it was soon covered in fresh tear again. "I can't sl.....sleep, every time I.....close .....m....my eyes I.....see the b....blood" she cried harder at having to explain it.

He let out a light sigh.

"Taking a life is never easy, but you did what you needed to do to survive. Mrs. Weasley is right with what she told you earlier, you would be dead or sitting here crying over the death of one of your friends if you hadn't done what you did. Do you know what those men would have done to you if they had the chance? They deserved what they got even if you don't see that right now."

He turned to look at her and he felt bad for the girl. Her face was pale and her eyes puffy, he knew how strong Hermione tried to be and put herself off as but he also knew she needed time to break down sometimes and release built up emotion.

"You're going to be fine Granger" he said with a smirk and gave her a small nudge with his shoulder.

She gave a small smile and wiped her tears away. "Thanks"

They sat in silence for a moment and then Draco spoke. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah of course," she said, looking at him.

He started pulling up his shirt and Hermione's cheeks instantly went pink. Draco noticed this and smirked at her.

"Relax Granger I'm not seducing you, I want you to look at something." He said turning around to show her his back. "What does this look like to you?"

Hermione felt quite uncomfortable, but was intrigued by his question. She studied his back for a moment and then her eyes fell on two faint handprint marks on his back.

"They look like handprints........why?"

"Yeah, but look closer"

Hermione leaned forward a bit and brought her hand up to the marks on his back. She saw him wince when she touched them. "There........there burns" she said, sounding surprised and confused at the same time.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." he said, pulling his shirt back down.

"How did you get those?"

He looked at her for a moment; he had contemplated all day of whether to bring it up to her. He didn't want to show Ginny because he knew she would be worried about how she hurt him. He knew Hermione would be the best one to share it with plus she needed something to distract her.

"I got these from Ginny" he said

"WHAT?" Hermione said a bit louder than she meant. "How? When?" she looked curious to know more.

"Uh.......last night.....uh, you know when....." he tried to get Hermione to understand without him having to say it.

"Last night?" she furrowed her brows trying to think and then realization hit her. "Oh," she said simply with understanding on her face now.

"Yeah, well without going into detail....." he looked at her with a smirk and she shook her head "when things got more.......intense....she was different" he said the last part as if it was news to him.

"Different how?" she said, taking in every word he spoke.

"I don't know.......all I know is that she was burning up and got extremely hot"

"Like a fever?"

"No, like a fire.........As soon as I felt her hands starting to burn me, I pushed her back and she was fine again...." he trailed off into a whisper.

"Sounds like just really good sex" Hermione blurted out.

They both started laughing.

"Well, that goes without saying" he smirked

"Draco, do you think that maybe you're thinking too much into it? I mean many wizards and witches have a tendency to release some magic when they're riled up," she explained with a small smile.

"Yeah.........maybe," he said unconvinced.

They sat there in silence again for a while.

"Thanks Draco" Hermione suddenly said.

"For?"

"For talking to me, having a different perspective on what I did does help." she said, looking at her hands she was fidgeting with.

"Yeah, yeah, but I'm not going to start being like your shrink and shit now" he teased making her laugh.

"Well, I guess I'll try to get some sleep again" She said heading to the stairs. "Goodnight Draco" she called.

"Night.........Hermione"

______________________________________________

The next morning Draco and Ginny made their way downstairs together and walked into the kitchen. They were surprised when they saw McGonagall and Kingsley there with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. Draco's eyes fell on his Mother who was sitting at the end of the table with a smug look on her face.

"Mr. Malfoy.......Miss Weasley, it's lovely to see you both again" McGonagall said with a smile.

"Hello Professor" Ginny said, taking a seat at the table and Draco sitting down beside her.

"We were just getting ready to have a chat with Mrs. Malfoy here" Kingsley said.

They all turned their attention to Narcissa at the end of the table. Ginny looked at her and was surprised how different she looked from last night. Her messy, dirty hair was now a bright platinum blonde pulled back and hung over one side of her shoulder in loose curls. Her ripped dress was mended, cleaned and pressed to perfection and her skin was free of any blemishes. She looked quite regal sitting there before them all. She didn't realize she had been staring at her when Narcissa turned to look at her. Their eyes met for a moment and Ginny quickly looked away. There was something about Narcissa that made her feel awkward and uncomfortable.

"Now Mrs. Malfoy, can you tell us how you became captured?" Kingsley asked.

"Certainly, I was staying at an old family home that's been in my family for generations. I didn't stay at the Manor much with everything my husband was a part of. Anyway, I had gone into town to grab a few things when I was attacked and then woke up in that cell."

"Why were you captured though?" Kingsley asked her.

"The day before I went into town I had seen Lucius and we had an altercation about Draco. He told me how he wasn't sure of his whereabouts after they were trapped at the Manor and he was convinced I knew where he was. After I told him to forget about Draco, he became quite upset and threatened me. After I was captured and realized Lucius was behind it I knew he was going to eventually kill me or try and use me as bait to lure Draco to me so he can get to him. I took it upon myself to write Draco the letter hoping he would come to save me." she stopped and looked at her son; his eyes held such hate for her.

"Mrs. Malfoy, if I may, why would you risk the chance of turning Draco over to Lucius in hopes that he will spare you when you could have just joined the Order? We would have protected you against him just like how we have put Draco into hiding." McGonagall spoke with a bit of hostility in her voice.

"I don't believe the Order has my best interests at heart," she answered simply with a smug look on her face.

"And you think your husband does?" McGonagall asked in disbelief.

"My husband loves me, he just likes things his way and I am happy to oblige." she said with confidence.

"Even if that means leading your own son straight to his death?" Molly snarled at her.

Narcissa's lips turned into a smirk like sneer. "Yes"

Ginny looked at Draco's face, he was looking at his Mother with such malice. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Mrs. Malfoy, let's say, hypothetically, you succeeded in bringing Draco to Lucius and he killed him, but still decided not to spare your life? Then how would you feel knowing that your son could have lived instead of dying for nothing?" McGonagall asked with anger in her voice.

"Well, it wouldn't have been much of a loss honestly. Draco has always been.........a disappointment I would say so I suppose I wouldn't feel any different. Draco is a young man now and I would expect him to have his Mother's best interests at heart. He should be more than willing to give himself up to save my life."

Ginny let out a small gasp at the horrid words Narcissa spoke and quickly covered her mouth with her hand. She felt tears threatening to fall, but contained them.

"I honestly can't believe what I'm hearing. You are a selfish woman Narcissa Malfoy and I hope you burn in hell for that evil heart you possess." Molly spat out at her with venom in every word.

"You think love is going to save you and your family? You think your few Order members are going to take Lucius down? You have no clue, Lucius has been recruiting and training new Death Eaters for months, he must have thousands of skilled and very advanced followers under him by now. You're on the wrong side dear, in the end when you watch your entire family being slaughtered you will see and then you will understand." she turned her gaze to Ginny and spoke again. "When your daughter has been brutally raped, beaten and tortured until death takes her............then you will see things in a different way. I want to be on the winning side in the end, no matter what the cost."

Ginny felt the tears slide down her face and she quickly got up and exited the kitchen. Molly made a move over to Narcissa when Arthur held her back.

"No Molly, go check on Ginny" he said softly to her.

She looked at her husband and made her way to leave the kitchen. When she passed Draco she softly grabbed his arm. "Let's go Draco dear, you don't need to listen to anymore of this," she said with hate in her voice and dragged him with her out of the kitchen.

___________________________________________________

Ginny ran up to her room and started sobbing. Thoughts of Warren and her nightmare the other night came flooding into her mind. She grabbed her hair in frustration to try and erase the memories of the horrid experience.

"Ginny dear, it's alright, come here" her Mother said making it upstairs with Draco beside her. She tried to console her, wrapping her into a hug.

"I'm sorry Mom, I'm fine, I just need a minute." she said through sniffles wiping her face of any tears.

"I understand, go ahead to the bathroom and splash some cold water on your face" Molly said, watching Ginny make her way to the bathroom. She watched as Draco stopped her in the hallway to see if she was ok.

"Hey, I'm sorry she said those things," he said, wiping a stray tear from her cheek.

"It's fine Draco, she said much worse about you"

"I guess I'm in the lead then as far as points go?" he smirked.

She gave a small smile and then made her way to the bathroom. Mrs. Weasley gave a bright smile at the intimate moment between the two and then headed back downstairs.

_______________________________________________________

After McGonagall and Kingsley finished talking with Narcissa they spoke with Arthur and Molly about keeping her at the Burrow for a few more days until they could safely move her to another place. They knew Lucius wouldn't spare her life no matter how different she thought. Narcissa reluctantly agreed to stay there after Kingsley talked some kind of sense into her. They still locked her in Charlie's room at night and then gave her some freedom to walk about the house freely so they could keep an eye on her. Kingsley and McGonagall put a charm on her that would keep her from apparating anywhere and they refused to get her a new wand during her time at the Burrow. Charlie, Bill, Fleur and Luna headed home the day after the mission and the days went by slower and with Narcissa staying with them it made things awkward and caused a lot of tension in the house. McGonagall had sent a letter to the Weasley's about another location they would be staying at and they would be leaving within the next day or two. Narcissa was planned to be let go since the new location the Weasley's and Draco would be staying at wasn't known to her; so even if she did tell Lucius they were at the Burrow they would be long gone by then.

Ginny was packing her suitcase with some clothes and sentimental things. She wished she could take everything with her, but it was impossible. She struggled to get her bag zipped closed when she suddenly felt someone push down on the luggage further. She turned to look at Draco and she gave him a half smile.

"Thanks," she mumbled.

"You ok?" he asked her.

"NO!" she snapped sitting on the floor with her legs folded and her head in her hands. "I can't believe we are leaving, we have so many memories here. What about all of Fred's things, his room, what if we never get to come back here?" she was getting angry and got more frustrated when she felt tears slide down her face.

"I'm sorry Ginny" was all he could manage to say.

He went to go put his arm around her when she stood up abruptly and walked towards the window.

"I'm sorry I don't mean to take it out on you I just.....ugh..... I'm tired of living a life like this"

He walked over to her and turned her face to his. "It's going to be ok Ginny."

"Ha, yeah I doubt it; you saw what it's like out there. We are as good as dead just like your Mother said. I'm tired of living in fear and on the run," she said folding her arms angrily.

"Don't think like that"

She looked up at him and then her eyes traveled back out the window and she squinted at something in the distance.

"There's Death Eaters out there," she said in a low voice.

He turned to look and as he did, he noticed Ginny grabbed her coat and was making her way downstairs.

"Hey, where are you going?" he said running after her.

"I'm going to take care of them," she said walking downstairs quickly.

"GINNY WAIT!" he said, grabbing his coat real quick.

She made her way into the kitchen and took a vial of liquid with her and quickly made her way outside. Draco ran down the steps two at a time and called over his shoulder to Harry and Ron to get Arthur and that there were Death Eaters outside the ward. Harry and Ron quickly jumped up and Harry followed Draco as Ron ran to get his parents. Draco and Harry ran outside and across the field to catch up with Ginny.

"GINNY WAIT!" Draco yelled to her and started walking quickly beside her to keep up. "Ginny, just wait a damn minute, let us take care of it"

"Why? I can take care of it, I'm perfectly capable of taking down a few Death Eaters" she said ignoring his suggestion.

"Yes, but your angry and you're not thinking clearly," he said, grabbing her arm and turning her around.

"Since when do you know anything about thinking clearly?" she spat at him. He just glared at her.

She ripped her arm out of his grasp and looked at him wildly with those same black eyes she had the night he got the burns on his back. Her pupils turned to a fiery orange and her hair whipped around her like dancing flames. He took a step back from her and so did Harry and she turned and kept walking.

"Ok, you saw that right?" Harry asked Draco.

"Yeah," he said angrily going after her.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were calling out for Ginny to stop and wait for them while Ron, Hermione and George made their way across the field to meet up with the rest of them.

Ginny threw back the liquid from the vile and then handed it to Draco. "Are you coming?"

He looked at her for a moment and then threw back the liquid and handed it to Harry who did the same thing. They made their way through the ward and ran into the nearby woods so they could sneak up on the Death Eaters. The others watched them from inside the ward. Molly had a worried look on her face as she watched her daughter disappearing into the woods.

"Ginny!" Draco was half yelling half whispering for her to slow down.

"Ginny...Hey........just wait ...........GINNY!" he grabbed her more roughly this time and dragged her behind a nearby tree where Harry met up with them.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You can't just blindly run into a fight," he hissed at her.

"Like I don't know that I'm not stupid," she hissed back.

"Then stop acting stupid," he said angrily through clenched teeth.

She looked at him with such anger and she ripped her arm out from his grip again.

"Ginny, I know you're angry and you have every right to be, but now is not the time to lose your head."

She turned away from him and tried to calm herself. She was breathing heavy and her hands were balled into fists.

"Whatever," she said and then continued her approach towards the Death Eaters in a more strategic way.

Draco went to follow her and stepped in something cold and wet. The snow all around where Ginny was standing had melted into a huge puddle. He knew something was different with Ginny but he wasn't exactly sure what. He hurried to catch up with her and Harry. They started slowing down their pace when they saw where the Death Eaters were standing a few feet away from the ward. Harry put his hand up to them to have them hold back and he quickly threw out a Confudus charm that hit one of the men and made them confused and disoriented. He started picking a fight with the other man and they soon got into a brawl. Draco and Harry took that opportunity to take them both down. They both saw a spell fly past them and hit a Death Eater that was trying to sneak up on them. They turned to Ginny, who had her wand out.

"Thanks Gin" Harry called to her.

She gave him a sarcastic smug smile and then walked over to them. "See what would you do without me?" she laughed.

Draco shook his head with a smirk noticing her eyes had returned to their normal state.

"Alright, I think that's all of them around the perimeter" Harry said

"Good, then let's make our way back shall we?" Ginny said leading the way.

Suddenly, they were surrounded by a group of Death Eaters that apparated before them and all three of them were grabbed before they had time to react. They all struggled to free themselves, but there were two men who had a hold on Harry and then another two on Draco. Ginny tried to squirm as much as she could against the huge Death Eater that had her held tightly in his arms with a knife to her throat.

"I'd stop trying to escape if I was you or I'll kill the Weasley girl," said one of the Death Eaters.

Draco looked across the way at Ginny and his mind raced. She had tears in her eyes and fear all over her face. He watched as the blade was pressed further against her through and she let out a whimper.

"We have been watching this area for a few weeks now. You see, every time some of our men come around this area they end up dead or go missing so we knew something was up. Sure enough after a lot of waiting and a few sacrifices by our dear friends you just killed we finally got you. The greatest part is that it's the two people Lucius wants the most and I'll be the one to hand deliver them to him." said the Death Eater with a sadistic laugh.

"We could really use those powers of your right now" Harry whispered through clenched teeth to Draco.

"I'm trying, I wish it was that simple." he mumbled back with anger in his voice.

"Alright, let's kill Potter first and then, since this guy," he said punching Draco in the face. "Seems to have a soft spot for the redhead he can watch us have some fun with her first before we kill them" he laughed menacingly as the other Death Eaters joined in.

Draco spit out a mouth full of blood and anger filled his body and he looked at Ginny when he heard her call his name out. His mind raced for some kind of an escape, but his eyes kept falling on the fiery redhead across from him. He suddenly had a crazy idea cross his mind.

"GINNY........LOOK AT ME" he called out to her. She locked eyes with him, tears streaming down her face. "THINK OF FRED" he yelled to her.

"Why," she cried.

"JUST DO IT!" he yelled back.

"Aw, that's sweet, give her something to think about while we have our way with her." the Death Eater said in a sarcastic tone.

"THINK ABOUT HIS DEATH AND HOW THESE PEOPLE MURDERED HIM." Draco screamed to her.

She was crying now and falling limp in the arms of the Death Eater that held her tightly against him, pressing the blade closer to her throat.

"I WANT YOU TO THINK ABOUT WARREN" Draco yelled to her.

"What are you doing Draco?" Harry whispered to him.

"Trying something out, trust me on this," he whispered back.

Ginny's body went stiff at the mention of Warren's name. She had her eyes shut tightly as she felt her heart beating faster and faster at the anger rising in her.

"THINK ABOUT WHAT HE DID TO YOU, HOW HE TOUCHED YOU, AND HOW HE ALMOST RAPED YOU!" he screamed to her with emotions of his own filling his voice.

"This is fuckin priceless" the Death Eater between them laughed, followed by the rest of his clan.

Draco just looked at her and she lifted her face to look at him. Her face was drenched in tears and she was hysterical. She looked at him with a pained look on her face and then............there it was....... those black eyes that he knew held so much danger in them; those fiery pupils that burned to even look into.

"Are you sure this is a good idea Draco?" Harry whispered to him.

"I don't think we have much of a choice."

Ginny closed her eyes and cried out from the pain she remembered of those terrible moments. She felt the heat in her body rising quickly and her breathing became rapid and heavy. Harry had finally caught on to what Draco was trying to do, but was unsure of what his eyes were seeing.

"Should we push her further?" Harry mumbled to Draco.

"Go for it," he said with a look of hatred on his face for the men around him.

"GINNY...... THINK ABOUT LUPIN AND TONKs..... THINK ABOUT HOW THEY WERE TAKEN FROM THEIR SON........THINK ABOUT THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS, THINK ABOUT TOM RIDDLES DIARY AND WHAT HE MADE YOU DO...........REMEMBER HOW THOSE THINGS MADE YOU FEEL" Harry screamed to her.

Ginny let out a blood curdling scream and the Death Eater holding her started to scream as his skin started burning against her body and he let her go and fell to his knees.

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS GOING ON?" the main Death Eater yelled walking over to Ginny. He brought his hand back and slapped Ginny across the face with such force she stumbled backwards and dropped to a heap on the floor of snow.

"GINNY!" Draco screamed. He knew his plan of riling Ginny up had diminished when he saw her fall to the ground.

"NOW YOU TWO SHUT UP!" the Death Eater turned to them pulling out a knife and walking over to Harry.

Ginny tasted blood in her mouth, but she was unfazed by it. She couldn't feel the pain that ran through her face only the pain she held in her heart. She got to her knees and she stood up on shaky legs.

Draco and Harry's attention turned from the Death Eater about to murder them to Ginny. The Death Eater turned and saw her standing up again and he pulled out his wand.

"What did you stir up Draco?" Harry asked with a bit of fear in his voice.

Ginny just stared at the Death Eater, the veins in her face turning a black and gold color. Her hair whipped wildly around her and the snow on the ground had turned to steam. Draco was sure she would erupt into flames at any moment. The Death Eater took a step back at the site of her and held his wand up.

"DON'T COME ANY CLOSER" he yelled out.

The Death Eaters holding Harry and Draco had let go and backed away and Harry and Draco quickly made a move and took them down. They turned to Ginny, who was still staring at the Death Eater.

"Enough of this shit" the Death Eater said and worded the words of the killing curse.

Before they left his mouth a shimmer of a flame passed through Ginny's body and a stream of fire suddenly wrapped around the man's body and then disappeared inside his mouth. He screamed in pain when he suddenly was engulfed in flames from the inside out.

Ginny turned to the rest of the Death Eaters and a wave of flames poured from her body and engulfed every man in sight. Draco and Harry stood wide eyed watching with fear as Ginny became lost in anger. They saw a wave of fire headed right towards them and they tried to make a run for it. The flame was way too fast and powerful for them to outrun and Harry and Draco braced themselves for the flames to swallow them. Draco quickly grabbed Harry by the arm and stopped him from running. Harry turned to look at him and saw his eyes ice over and suddenly they were enclosed in a dome of ice. The flames hit the barrier and flowed around them fiercely. Draco felt the ice from his body fighting against the wild flames that desperately tried to melt through, but he kept freezing it over until suddenly the flames stopped. The icy dome above them quickly melted and fell to a pool of water around them. Draco looked around and every Death Eater was singed and completely burnt to the point where they were unrecognizable. Some of the bodies were just piles of ashes and the smell of burnt flesh and death filled the air. Draco's eyes, then traveled over to Ginny and saw her on her knees in the snow and he quickly ran over to her with Harry beside him.

"GINNY! GINNY!" he screamed skidding to a halt in front of her.

"Draco?"She said in a frail voice and looked up at him. Her familiar fiery eyes met his mercury ones and she fell unconscious in his arms.

___________________________________________________________

Ginny lay in her bed with her eyes closed as she started to regain consciousness. Her head was pounding and her body was sore. Suddenly, memories of what happened flooded her mind and she jolted upright and looked around the room. She noticed it was night time and she was still in her clothes from earlier. She was extremely thirsty and she ran to the bathroom and started to splash water on her face and then soon had her mouth under the faucet taking in gulps of water at a time.

"Ginny?"

Ginny jumped from the abrupt voice that called out to her and saw Hermione standing in the hall outside the bathroom.

"Wh.......where's Dr....Draco?" she said with a hoarse voice.

"He's downstairs, are you-"

Ginny quickly walked passed her and ran downstairs as fast as she could. She only remembered fire and huge flames surrounding Draco and Harry. She was so confused by what happened earlier and needed answers.

"DRACO!" she yelled, running down the stairs and missing the last few causing her to slip.

She pulled herself up from the floor and saw everyone in the living room looking at her. Draco quickly ran over to help her.

"Are you ok?"

"What happened? Are you ok? Is Harry ok? What happened to me? There were Death Eaters and then a fire and-

"Ginny dear, calm down" Mrs. Weasley came over to her and led her over to the couch to sit down.

She saw them all looking at her like she did something wrong.

"What's going on, Mom?" she said with worry in her voice as she started to panic.

"Well, Ginny, it seems as though.........you are a very powerful witch" Molly started.

Ginny ran her hands through her hair and grabbed a big chunk of it. "I was hoping what I remembered from earlier wasn't real," she said in a small voice looking down at the floor.

"It's ok Ginny, you just-"

"I just need a minute," she said, cutting her Father off and running back upstairs.

She made her way to the bathroom and almost collided with Narcissa.

"Oh, uh, sorry," she mumbled and started walking passed her.

"That's some power you possess..............Ginny" Narcissa spoke suddenly.

Ginny stopped and turned around to face her.

"I saw quite the show from my window earlier. Who knew you were such a..............firecracker" she said with a wide sinister smile.

Ginny just stared at her, tears falling down her face. She quickly wiped them away.

"Aw dear, there's nothing to be upset about. Those powers are something you should embrace."

"Yeah, right, I almost killed Draco and Harry; I would never want to embrace something like that."

"Have you ever thought that maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing?"

"Excuse me?" Ginny took a step closer to her with an angry expression on her face.

"Draco and Harry are the two people Lucius want dead the most. Perhaps those two being dead would give your family a break from constantly having to watch your backs."

"HOW DARE YOU!" Ginny stepped closer to her and grabbed the railing of the nearby balcony over the stairwell.

"Just a suggestion; maybe something to think about? Looks like you're quite riled up" Narcissa said, nodding towards the railing Ginny was gripping.

Ginny looked down and gave a small gasp when she saw smoke around her hand. She quickly took her hand away and buried it in her shirt and ran to the bathroom. She slammed the door and turned on the water and threw her hand under the cold stream. Her heart was racing and she was becoming more panicked, which was making her lose more control. She was completely scared at this point and soon everything she seemed to touch was either melting or catching fire. She turned on the shower and threw herself inside of it. She then heard a knock on the door.

"Ginny?"

She heard Draco's voice through the door and she quickly reached over and locked it.

"NO, DON'T COME IN" she screamed. She was afraid she would hurt someone.

He noticed smoke coming from under the door and he quickly grabbed his wand out and unlocked the door. He threw it open and saw Ginny curled up in a ball sitting in the corner of the shower letting the water hit her.

"What are you doing Ginny?" he asked her with worry in his voice.

"I........ca.....can't........c....con.....control it" she sobbed.

He turned off the shower and then kneeled down over the tub. He took her hand and she quickly snatched it back.

"NO! I don't want to hurt you," she cried.

"You're not going to hurt me," he said, holding his hand out to her.

She looked at him and she slowly reached out and grabbed his hand.

"See," he smiled at her.

She gave a small smile and then threw herself in his arms and started sobbing.

________________________________________________________

After Draco calmed Ginny down, they made their way back downstairs to talk with the rest of the family. Molly and Arthur had told them that they would be leaving in the morning to be relocated.

"Your father and I also want to talk to you and Draco about something" Molly told them.

They looked at each other and then back to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.

"Tomorrow when we arrive, we think we should start working with you both to try and control whatever kind of magic it is that you both seem to possess." Arthur explained.

"But how?" Ginny asked.

"Well McGonagall will be escorting us to where we will be staying and she has agreed to help with the process, so it's a start." Molly explained.

They both agreed and they soon all turned in for the night.

__________________________________________________________

Ginny was tossing and turning all night long. She kept thinking she might fall asleep and accidentally set the entire house on fire. She worked herself up so much at one point that she had to run to the bathroom and throw up. She turned over in her bed and saw the clock read 4am. She let out a sigh and thought about slipping into Draco's room, but she was too nervous about getting too close to anyone right now until she understood this unexplained power she had. She heard a creak out in the hall and sat up in her bed. She looked at the bottom of her door and it sounded like someone was standing outside her room. She slipped out of her bed and walked over to the door and put her ear against it but didn't hear anything.

"Draco?" she whispered.

She was suddenly flung back against the wall when her door was blown open. She scrambled to get up and quickly grabbed her wand and adjusted her eyes to take in the scene before her. Her eyes went wide and she let out a loud gasp when she saw a Death Eater standing in her doorway. She quickly shot a hex at him and then turned to look out the window. Fear filled her like never before when she saw that the Death Eaters somehow got through the wards and a large group of them were making their way into the Burrow.

PLEASE REVIEW!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story