Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Unhinged

Chapter 16

by nikki13088 0 reviews

PLEASE REVIEW!!!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Draco,Ginny - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [X] [R] - Published: 2015-03-10 - 5911 words - Complete

0Unrated
Ginny ran out into the hallway and saw another shadow coming up the stairs. She went to make a run to wake the others when she felt someone grab her and cover her mouth, then pull her back into one of the rooms.

"Shhh"

She realized it was Draco and she instinctively gripped his arm in fear of what was to come.

"We have to get to the others," she choked out.

"We're going to have to fight our way out of here." He whispered, seeing a group of Death Eaters reaching the landing of the stairs.

He felt her heart beat speed up against his arm as she latched onto him for protection.

"Hey, you need to focus, ok?" he looked into her eyes; even with all the fear in them they looked beautiful.

She nodded and let out a shaky breath.

One of the Death Eaters was walking passed their door when Draco hit him with a killing curse. As soon as the man hit the floor chaos broke out. Ginny and Draco ran out of the room and down the hall to her parent's room who were already up and armed with their wands drawn.

"DRACO, GO GET NARCISSA!" Arthur yelled to him.

Draco nodded and ran to Charlie's room where he knew his Mother was locked in.

Spells and curses hit the walls and busted holes in the house and one spell started a fire that spread quickly, filling the house with smoke.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and George joined Ginny and the others outside her parent's room.

"WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE THE HOUSE COLLAPSES." Arthur yelled to them.

They all moved together to make their way downstairs, but were soon split up when they were faced with more Death Eaters coming at them. Harry grabbed Ginny and pulled her out of the way of a curse and Ron and George were dueling with three Death Eaters on the staircase trying to clear the way for them to get downstairs.

"STAY CLOSE TO ME GINNY!" Harry yelled to her as parts of the house started caving in around them.

Harry and Ginny went to make their way to help Ron and George when the floor under them gave in and they fell through to the floor below.

"GINNY! HARRY!" Hermione yelled out to them running over to the hole in the floor and looking down at them.

She was relieved to see they were both still alive and she made her way to help Ron and George. One of the men kicked Ron in the chest, causing him to fall backwards off four steps onto his back. Harry picked himself up off the floor below and shot a curse at the man advancing on Ron. He then grabbed Ginny's hand and dragged her with him towards the back door.

Draco blew the door to Charlie's room down and ran inside where he found his Mother with an object in her hand ready to attack. Draco just looked at her; he knew he couldn't leave her behind no matter how horrible the things were that she said to him.

"Let's go," he demanded and grabbed her wrist.

He dragged her behind him throughout the house throwing spells left and right to fight his way through. He saw Hermione and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley just making it downstairs and he hurried to catch up with them. The flames throughout the house were roaring and the smoke was starting to fill his lungs. He heard his Mother coughing and gasping for air.

They finally had made it to the top of the staircase and went to make their way down when the whole stairwell collapsed under them. They fell to the floor with a pile of broken wood on top of them. Draco quickly kicked the debris aside and helped his Mother up erasing all feelings of pain from his mind. He knew he was hurt, but his mind told him to keep going. He tried to make out where the back door was but the smoke was too thick. He heard screaming outside and followed the noise hoping it was the right direction. He suddenly heard a curse being thrown and he instinctively jumped in front of his Mother to shield her. He closed his eyes, anticipating the blow and was surprised when he opened them to see a shield of ice in front of them. There were three arrows that pierced the ice but didn't make it all the way through. Draco let out a shaky breath when he saw the point of one of the arrows mere inches from his face. He turned to his Mother whose eyes were wide with shock at the powers her son had just used. He ignored her look of surprise and gave her a hateful look as if to say she didn't deserve his protection and then he roughly tugged her wrist to follow him.

Ginny watched as flames engulfed the only home she ever knew. Tears ran down her face as she saw a part of the house completely cave in where she knew Fred's room had been. She turned her attention to her parents who came running from the house and saw Draco wasn't with them. She saw Death Eaters coming out of the house behind them and quickly shot a curse at them before they could attack her parents.

"MOM.....DAD! WHERE'S DRACO?" she yelled to them.

"HE WAS RIGHT BEHIND US!"Mrs. Weasley shouted over the roaring flames.

Ginny frantically looked around to make sure he didn't make his way outside and then went to run back into the house. Arthur quickly grabbed her arm and held her back.

"NO GINNY IT'S TOO DANGEROUS!" he yelled at her.

"BUT DRACO'S IN THERE"

"I'LL GO" Harry said suddenly.

They all turned to him and before any of them could object he ran back inside.

Draco was dragging his Mother throughout the house trying to find the way out through the dark smoke.

"Draco, use your powers on the fire" Narcissa demanded.

"I can't," he snapped.

"What do you mean you, can't you just did against that attack?"

"It doesn't work like that, Mother," he said through clenched teeth.

"Then how does it work, what good are they then? And even more so, what good are you then?" she snarled.

Draco felt his blood boiling at her words, but kept his focus on finding a way out and gripped her wrist tighter and dragged her along.

"DRACO!"

Draco heard his name being called and immediately ran in the direction of it.

"OVER HERE!" Draco yelled back.

Suddenly, a wooden beam came falling down and Draco pushed his Mother out of the way and he fell to the floor. He felt hot liquid pour from his head where he knew the beam hit him. The room was spinning and everything became muffled and blurry. He tried to drag himself to his feet, but his leg was pinned under debris and the beam that had fallen. He tried looking and feeling around for his wand, but he couldn't see anything. Narcissa stood up and saw Draco was hurt, but she also saw the flames growing and smoke thickening. She felt Harry push past her and ran over to Draco.

"NARCISSA, HELP ME LIFT THIS OFF OF HIM!" he yelled to her, grabbing one side of the beam.

She looked at Harry and then to the roaring flames around her and turned and ran to the exit.

"NO! WAIT!" he screamed out to her.

Harry tried as hard as he could to pull the beam off of Draco; he could barely see anything and could hardly get any air into his lungs.

"DRACO, HEY DON'T PASS OUT YOU NEED TO HELP ME" he yelled out to the Slytherin as he shook him to stay conscious. Draco winced in pain as his head throbbed and bled freely. His head started to slump and Harry quickly shook him again. "NO NO NO, STAY AWAKE, COME ON HELP ME" but Draco was useless.

Harry's mind raced for something of use and he took out his wand and tried to think of a useful spell to lift the beam off of Draco's leg. He thought of the Wingardium Leviosa spell but doubt it would work on something this heavy. He took his chances and grabbed Draco's shirt with one hand and flicked his wand with the other.

"WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA!" he yelled and the beam lifted a tinge and Harry took that chance to pull Draco out from under it right before it crashed to the floor again.

He pocketed Draco's wand and then quickly shook Draco to try and help him lift him up. He threw Draco's arm around his neck and grabbed him around the waist and dragged him to the exit. As soon as they reached the back door, he felt hands grab him and pull him further out into the early morning air. He looked up and saw Kingsley and Arthur standing over him while the rest of them came running over. Ginny ran to Draco's side and saw the blood flowing from his head and she called out to him. Tears ran down her face and then she cracked a small smile when she saw him open his eyes a bit. When he saw she was safe he then fell unconscious once again. Molly performed a few healing charms on Draco to get the bleeding to stop and then conjured a stretcher and laid him on it. She had an empty expression on her face; they all did.

"McGonagall and I came as soon as we got an alert that the wards were invaded. We were hoping to have you all out of here by now." Kingsley explained.

Harry was panting for air still and Hermione was performing an oxygen charm on him. He turned his gaze to the blonde woman a few feet away from him. He glared at her with such anger and shook his head in disbelief.

"You should be ashamed of yourself," he said suddenly to her.

She sneered at him and then looked away and walked off.

They all watched as the Burrow was completely engulfed in flames and soon came crashing to the ground. Ginny wasn't the only one who had tears streaming down her face; almost all of them felt the pain of losing the only home they knew. It was a place where so many memories were made and now they had nothing; just the clothes on their backs.

McGonagall walked over to Molly and placed a hand on her shoulder. She knew how hard this must have been for all of them. She looked around at all of them covered in dirt and soot from the fire and some with cuts and bruises.

"Molly and Arthur, let's get you all somewhere safe." she said in a soft caring voice.

Molly silently nodded and they all heard that familiar pop as they apparated away from the burning pile of wood that they once called home.

__________________________________________________

They appeared in a snowy field, the snow wasn't as thick as it was back at the Burrow. It was a light layer that covered the grass and the sun was just breaking through into the clearing before them. Ginny felt extremely dizzy and ran over to a nearby tree and emptied her stomach onto the snow. She started sobbing and held her face in her hands. Molly ran over to her and put her arms around her.

"I hate apparating" she choked out.

Her Mother gave her a small smile and helped her up to stand up.

"We will have to travel the rest on foot, it's safer this way." Kingsley said to them all.

They all nodded and started to follow Kingsley and McGonagall.

"This is a Muggle area, but the house is secluded in the middle of a field, there are a few acres of land around it. We are more south now than the Burrow and I think being in a Muggle area will be the best option right now. Hogwarts unfortunately is being watched carefully by Death Eaters and seems the obvious choice, so this is better" McGonagall explained.

"How did you find this place?" Hermione asked as they walked across the snow covered field.

"Well, Miss Granger, this house has actually been in my family for a long time. It was my Great Grandmothers and even before then; it's quite magnificent." McGonagall said with a smile.

They walked for about a half hour when they stopped for a break. McGonagall and Kingsley were talking about their next plan of action and Hermione, Ron and George were with Harry. Ginny walked over to Draco and she just watched him. She stroked his head and was surprised when he opened his eyes to look at her.

"Draco?" she whispered with a smile.

"Hey"

"Are you ok?" she said with emotion filling her voice.

"My head is a lot better, thanks to whoever did that"

"My Mom" she smiled at him.

He went to sit up, but winced in pain and grabbed his side.

"Your staircase gave out on me," he said suddenly to her.

"Huh?"

"At the Burrow, I fell through your stairwell" he said again and then lifted his shirt to reveal his side.

Ginny gasped in surprise. There was a piece of wood that pierced a light layer of skin on his side.

"It looks worse than it feels honestly." he said.

"I didn't even notice, I was too worried about your head wound, it was bleeding like crazy," she said, taking out her wand and healing his side to the best of her ability.

He looked across the way at his Mother; she didn't make eye contact with him but just walked further away.

"She left you to die Draco" Ginny said suddenly with anger in her voice. "Harry went back for you, he saved your life, as soon as you guys got out the whole house came down." she said with tears forming in her eyes.

He turned to look at her and he looked over to the trio and he shook his head. His own Mother left him to die and his supposable rival saved his life.

"Alright everyone, let's get going again" Arthur said.

Draco got to his feet and Ginny let him use her to lean on as they walked.

"You know you could have just stayed on the damn stretcher" she joked.

"Why, you know you love me hanging all over you like this." he teased.

"Oh yes, it just turns me on like you wouldn't believe. How I love getting blood all over my only clothes and having you use me as a crutch because you're too damn stubborn to enjoy the trip on a stretcher." she said sarcastically.

They walked for about another half hour and Draco soon let go of Ginny and pushed through the pain in his side to walk on his own, although he didn't mind using her as a crutch. They came to the top of a small hill and there was a house in the distance that they all stared at.

"That's it?" Ron asked shocked.

"Yep, that's the one" McGonagall said brightly.

"Wow" Ginny said.

In the distance they saw this big Colonial style house with a huge wraparound porch. On the side of the house were a lake and a dock with a small boat tied to it. They soon neared the house and McGonagall opened the front door and led them inside. The inside was a bit outdated, but was still quite beautiful. There was a grand staircase that led up to a wraparound balcony where all the rooms were. To the left was a dining area and to the right a living room area. The kitchen was a bit smaller but the dining room made up for that and then it led into another den area. Through the kitchen window you could see the lake and the back porch which had a seat swing on it and some wicker furniture.

"This house is quite lovely Minerva, thank you kindly for allowing us to stay here" Molly said giving her a hug.

"No need to thank me, I hope you all can get a break from the terror that lurks outside these days. Kingsley and Arthur, would you help me put up the wards? The rest of you please make yourselves at home. There are plenty of rooms for all of you." McGonagall said with a smile.

Ginny helped Draco upstairs and picked herself a room all the way in the corner and Draco took the one next to hers. Once everyone was showered and patched up Ginny worked on transfiguring some clothes to fit her that McGonagall gave them. Draco walked into Ginny's room and plopped down on her bed and sighed.

"What's wrong?" she asked him, continuing to work on making her clothes the right size.

"Here you can help me make these fit, seems transfiguration isn't my thing," he said playfully throwing a shirt on her head.

"I'm sorry do I look like a maid" she teased. "JUST.....don't answer that," she said, throwing the shirt back at him with a smirk on her face. "Come here, I'll show you," she said, patting the spot next to her so he can have a look at how she did it.

She showed him numerous times and there were quite a few fails, but eventually Draco succeeded in turning a woman's blouse into a guys T-shirt.

"Ha, who would've thought a woman's blouse would look so good on me," he said trying it on.

Ginny giggled and then rolled her eyes. There was a knock at the door and Ginny looked up to see Harry and Ron standing in the doorway with clothes of their own needing alterations. She looked at Draco and they laughed.

She shook her head, "Take a seat," she laughed and then restarted her lesson.

They sat on the floor and worked in silence for a while when Draco finally spoke up. "Uh....thanks for saving my life........Harry," he mumbled saying his name in the lowest voice he could muster.

"Oh wow, a first name, he must really mean it" Ginny laughed and then Draco pushed her over out of her folded legged position.

"No problem," he said with a laugh at Ginny's earlier comment. His smile then turned to a frown suddenly. He looked at Draco, "Your Mother left me there with you even when I yelled out to her, she just.....left you." he said in almost a whisper as if he still couldn't believe it.

Draco absent-mindedly played with the article of clothing in his hand. He had to just accept the fact that his own Mother would risk his life to save herself.

"I saved her to you know, made sure she got out ok, and she still..........didn't care" he sighed and threw the clothing aside.

Ginny reached over to him and rubbed his back. "Sorry Draco" she smiled at him.

"Eh, fuck it, let's finish these clothes," he said getting back to work.

Ginny and Harry exchanged a sad look and continued their work.

"Uh, guys, I actually wanted to run something by you.......see what you all think" Ron said suddenly, his face turning a bit red.

They all looked at each other at his words and then their attention fell on Ron.

"Yeah of course, go ahead" Harry said.

"Alright, well, I was thinking.......with everything that's been going on lately............I think I want to........ask Hermione to........marry me" he said his face turning redder with every word.

They all looked at each other again and then Ginny let out a shriek of delight and threw her arms around her brother.

"That's awesome mate" Harry said, giving him a slap on the back.

Ginny pulled away with a bright smile on her face. "Oh my gosh Ron, I'm so happy for you." she said with tears coming down her face.

"Well, she didn't say yes, yet," he laughed

"Believe me she's going to say yes," Harry laughed.

"Congrats man" Draco said, shaking Ron's hand.

He couldn't believe how much this news made him happy, he was smiling when he looked at Ginny whose face was lit up. You would have never known that her only home just burned to the ground only hours ago. He didn't think he could fall any more in love with the redhead, but in this moment he was mesmerized by her.

"So when are you going to ask her?" Ginny asked with excitement.

"Well, it's New Years Eve, so I thought tonight when the New Year rolls in"

"That's perfect," she said with an even brighter smile. "Have you told Mom and Dad yet?"

"Yeah, they reacted the same way you guys did" Ron laughed.

Ginny threw her hands around Ron again and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

_____________________________________________________

Later that day, after Kingsley left, McGonagall called a meeting in the dining room to discuss future plans. She would be staying with them for a few days until they settled in. Mrs. Weasley brought in a tray a tea and biscuits for them and then took a seat next to her husband.

"Thank you Molly, now I know we planned on Narcissa not being here, but unfortunately we had to change plans." McGonagall said eyeing Narcissa from down the table. "But it is with my hope that she can stay here until we can get her someplace else that's just as safe."

Arthur and Molly looked at each other and then came to a silent agreement.

"Minerva, as much as we don't see eye to eye on things, Arthur and I have agreed to let her stay here........for now. But if she starts any trouble again, I'll knock her on her ass" Molly said fiercely more to Narcissa than to McGonagall.

Narcissa lifted an eyebrow at this and gave a sneer.

"Very well, Narcissa I trust you can keep your differences aside until then?" McGonagall asked with a bit of amusement in her voice.

"I suppose so," she said stiffly.

"Wonderful now to other matters, Miss Weasley and Mr. Malfoy tomorrow we will begin working on trying to control those powers of yours. Kingsley is going to put a temporary ward up during that time to keep any amount of magic that comes about to be kept off the radar." she said with a smile at them and they both nodded. "Also, we are planning on another mission; this one though will not be for everyone. Kingsley has selected only some of you to go and it will be a lengthy one, perhaps a couple of months."

"What's the mission?" Arthur asked curiously.

"I'm not clear on all the details, but I do know there are a few Death Eater camps Kingsley wants monitored and taken down. He wants to collect as much info as he can until we find out Lucius' whereabouts. Kingsley will be back in a few days to discuss the details and with him he will bring any other recruits he wants on the mission."

They all nodded

_____________________________________________________

After they all finished with Dinner Ginny and Hermione helped Mrs. Weasley clear the table and do the dishes. Luna had showed up right before dinner and surprised Harry by telling him she would be staying with them for a while. Ginny was helping her Mom dry some dishes when she noticed Draco making his way down to the dock where Narcissa was standing.

"So sad how that woman puts herself before her own son" Molly said suddenly noticing Draco approaching the woman.

"Why would Draco even want to speak to her after everything she's said to him?" Hermione said with annoyance.

"I don't think he wants to talk to her, I think maybe he's trying to come to grips with how things are between them" Ginny spoke up.

"Well, whatever the reason, that boy is just going to get hurt again. Narcissa is a selfish and conniving woman, it's a pity really." Molly said, roughly putting the dishes in the cabinet.

Ginny turned to look at her Mother and noticed she was crying and she gave her a hug.

"Are you alright Mom?"

"Yes, dear, I'm just thinking about the Burrow and all we've lost. I wish I had some of Fred's things still." she cried wiping her tears away. Hermione and Ginny got teary eyed themselves and Mrs. Weasley put her arms around both of them and gave them a tight squeeze. "Everything will be ok though, we all need to stay hopeful that we will come out ok after all of this, you hear me ladies" she said looking to each of them. They nodded and she gave them another squeeze.

_____________________________________________

Draco made his way down to the dock where he saw his Mother. He wasn't sure why he was walking over to her, but he felt like he needed answers somehow. He only wished he knew what questions he needed answers to exactly. He gave a sigh and then leaned over the side of the deck railing where his Mother was looking out onto the lake. The lake looked completely black at this hour with just the moonlight shining across it and a small light on the deck. They stood there in silence for a while with just the sound of the water splashing against the dock and crickets chirping.

"The New Year will be rolling in soon" Draco said casually.

She didn't say anything she just continued to stare at the lake. Draco went to speak again when she cut him off.

"Are you in love with the Weasley girl?"

He was taken aback at the sudden question. He thought about this for a moment and then spoke.

"I'll answer you if you answer my question," he said in a firm tone.

"Very well," she said, looking down at her hands.

"Why do you hate me?" he quietly asked looking at her.

She turned to look at him with a surprised expression on her face.

"I don't," she whispered and then looked back over the lake.

"You don't? Gee, that's funny Mother since you left me for dead just hours earlier," he spat at her with such anger and hate in every word. "What about wanting to turn me over to Father just to save your own ass? If you don't hate me then you have a twisted and sick way of showing it"

"YOU THINK ITS BEEN EASY FOR ME!" she bellowed at him making him step back in surprise at her sudden outrage. "WHERE DO YOU THINK YOUR FATHER TOOK OUT HIS ANGER BEFORE YOU!" her eyes were piercing into his at these words.

She turned away from him again; she didn't dare show any emotion.

"WOULDN'T THAT GIVE YOU MORE OF A REASON TO STOP HIM?" Draco yelled; his anger rising.

They stood there in silence again. He saw his Mother trying to hold back tears.

"When I married your Father.........I was in love with him, but soon found out after we married that he was all about himself and all that Dark Arts crap" she looked over at him with a small smile on her face.

Draco just stood there; he never heard anything about his parents' past before he was born unless it had to do with the Dark Lord. As much as he hated his Mother something kept him there.......listening to her every word.

"I never wanted children, especially not after what I knew Lucius was all about..........but.............your Father wanted a baby.........a boy.......a son............an heir to carry on the Malfoy name that he was so proud of. I was bound to him and I wanted to make sure I kept him happy for my own sake and so I soon became pregnant." she smiled at this which Draco was surprised to see on her face.

"When I found out I was pregnant my mindset changed...........I was actually excited to start a family........I hoped once the baby was born Lucius would see things differently. I thought maybe this isn't so bad," she said softly wiping away tears.

Draco saw her bring a hand up to her belly as she told him the story he almost thought he may smile as she was doing it.

"I finally came around to the thought of being a Mother and for the first time in a while I was happy.............until..........." her expression turned sad and dark. Draco wasn't sure if he wanted to know the rest of it, but something in him made him ask.

"Until what?" he whispered.

She looked up at him, tears fell from her eyes and she quickly looked away. "Until............we learned the baby was a girl" she whispered.

Draco's whole body froze, his stomach twisted and a lump formed in his throat. He became dizzy and thought he might pass out at any moment.

"As soon as your Father found out he forced me to get rid of it............he wouldn't even let me carry out the pregnancy to try and give her a different home" she cried.

Draco let out a shaky breath and felt his eyes fill with tears. For some reason his legs stopped working and he fell to his knees and put his head in his hands. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

She just shook her head as tears fell from her face. "Soon after, I was pregnant with you, but I forced myself to not get attached.........I just couldn't......not after......" she trailed off and then continued."There was nothing I could do to help you. I knew how much power your Father had over me and whenever I went against him I was severely punished.........It was easier for me to distance myself from the whole thing and it has made me a cold hearted and selfish woman" she finished; her expression hardening once more.

"I........I.......I need to go" Draco said through his tears; trying to hide the emotion in his voice.

He stood and started walking away when Narcissa called out to him.

"So do you?" she asked suddenly.

He stopped walking and turned back around to face her. "The answer is yes.......I love Ginny" he said through his rapid breathing wiping the tears that fell.

Narcissa nodded.

He turned and started walking back up to the house; his anger grew with every step as he thought about what his Mother just said. His heart was racing and all he wanted to do was scream right now. He threw the back door open and made his way inside.

"Draco? Are you ok?" Ginny said running over to him. She saw the emotion in his face and how he was clearly distraught. "What's wrong? What happened?" she asked frantically.

"I need a minute.......please," he said, balling his fists and then grabbing his hair in frustration.

Ginny stepped back from him and soon Mrs. Weasley came over and pulled Ginny further away.

"Draco dear, are you alright?" Molly asked him.

He looked up at them and his eyes turned to ice. Ginny immediately pulled herself from her Mothers grasp and walked over to Draco and grabbed his hand.

"Hey, calm down, come with me," she whispered to him and then led him upstairs. She gave her Mother and nod that she would be fine and Molly gave a silent ok.

Ginny led him into his bedroom and sat down with him. She felt his hands turning cold and she grabbed them both between hers.

"Draco?"

He didn't answer her; he felt her hands warming his cold ones. He looked up at her; she had that fiery look in her eyes, but loving at the same time. She saw his eyes turn back to those silver orbs she so often got lost in and she cupped his face in her hands.

"Hey, that's better," she smiled at him.

She was surprised when he suddenly grabbed her into a hug. He buried his face into her shoulder and just took in her scent. He needed her to bring him to a steady place in his mind like she always somehow did. He held her for a few moments until he finally spoke.

"My Mother just told me I use to have a sister"

Ginny pulled back from him suddenly and looked at him with a shocked expression, "WHAT!"

Draco went on to tell her what his Mother told him and she couldn't help her own tears that fell. She hugged him tightly against her chest and stroked his hair until his breathing became normal again. They were quiet and just enjoyed being held by the other.

"The New Year will be here in a few minutes, let's go watch your brother's proposal" Draco said suddenly.

"Oh, are you sure you want to?"

"Yeah, I could use something positive right now," he said, holding his hand out for her to take.

"Are you saying I'm not positive?" she teased him.

"Eh" he teased, making a "sort of" movement with his hand.

She slapped him playfully and then pulled him into a tight hug before they made their way downstairs.

________________________________________________________

"Alright everyone, there's less than a minute left so get ready" Mrs. Weasley said, pushing everyone into the living room.

Draco was sitting next to Ginny and they were laughing at how many times Ron wiped his sweaty palms on his pants as the countdown went on. Soon the New Year arrived and Hermione had a confused look on her face as Ron brought her to the middle of the room to stand and then got on one knee and asked her to marry him. She had one hand over her mouth in disbelief and tears filled her eyes and she gave a tearful nod and then let out a screeching yes before she threw her arms around his neck and planted a kiss on his lips.

Everyone erupted into applause and whistles and then there were congratulations and Happy New Years that went around followed by kisses being shared by all the couples. Ginny smiled when she saw Harry and Luna share a kiss and then her Mom and Dad. She giggled when she saw McGonagall place a kiss on George's cheek. She would have loved to give Draco a kiss, but she knew he wasn't comfortable showing affection in front of everyone.

"Happy New Years Ginny" he said to her over the crowd of people around them sharing hugs and whatnot.

She smiled at him, "Happy New Year Draco" she said with that beautiful smile that made Draco fall deeper and deeper in love with her.

Before she knew it, she felt Draco snake his arms around her waist and pull her into a deep kiss that she gladly accepted and put her arms around his neck and pulled him closer. There was another eruption of wolf whistles and cheering when the two locked lips and George came over and broke them apart.

"Alright, you two, get a room," he teased pushing passed them.

They both laughed and then turned a light shade of red.
PLEASE REVIEW
Sign up to rate and review this story